RIP Momma Dietz

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

RIP Momma Dietz

#1 Post by jarnon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:45 pm

Ruth Eni, known throughout the Philadelphia area as Momma Dietz, passed away Friday, days after her 94th birthday. She was the longtime chairman of meat packing company Dietz and Watson, founded by her father Gottlieb Dietz in 1939.

Dietz and Watson celebrates 75 years with Four Generations of Flavor Tour
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: RIP Momma Dietz

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 pm

jarnon wrote:Ruth Eni, known throughout the Philadelphia area as Momma Dietz, passed away Friday, days after her 94th birthday. She was the longtime chairman of meat packing company Dietz and Watson, founded by her father Gottlieb Dietz in 1939.

Dietz and Watson celebrates 75 years with Four Generations of Flavor Tour
Hmmm. I don't think I've ever heard of her. She must have come to prominence sometime after I left the area a little more than 40 years ago. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Hmmm. I don't think I've ever heard of her. She must have come to prominence sometime after I left the area a little more than 40 years ago. --Bob
She became a household name in radio and TV commercials in 2010. But she ran the company for 35 years before that.

Momma Dietz has been out your way:

Their latest commercials feature the far sexier Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick:

Dietz & Watson / It's A Family Thing
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

themanintheseersuckersuit

#4 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:37 pm

The only time I heard of D&W
bit.ly/1bf8ihi
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.