Can We Get an Over/Under

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Can We Get an Over/Under

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:16 am

... on how many lawsuits get filed challenging Trump's border wall "emergency."
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

Re: Can We Get an Over/Under

#2 Post by jarnon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:58 am

In theory, everyone who loses any money that Trump diverts to his wall can sue, and they all can find lawyers who will take their cases for free because they're pissed off about the "emergency." (Are you getting ideas, SSS?) If thousands of plaintiffs have standing, they'll probably be combined into class actions or groups of some sort.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Bad move by trump. He was avoiding it, but he finally did it. Bad news for our country. Reinforcing the precedent set by Obama, when he forced his own policy by executive order after months of declaring he didn't have the Constitutional power to do it. I am totally against what trump is doing. It is on him. But like I told all the libs here, don't be surprised when someone you don't like does something you don't like using the precedent Obama established. The dem leadership also deserves some blame here for not negotiating in good faith or any faith, putting their political ideology and power above everything else.

But over and above everything else: The dems have been complaining and using 'Our immigration system is broke' for over a decade now. It is the responsibility of Congress to fix the damn broke system. They haven't done one thing other than to use it as a political issue. When are 'people of outrage' like bob-tel going to get fed up and tell congress to actually fix it with something we can all live with? Allowing anybody and everybody to come over our border is not something most Americans will be able to live with. Whether you like the wall or not, everyone who crosses our border should do so in a legal manner and be subject to the same rules. If they won't do so, then they should be kicked out. Period.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:21 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:The dem leadership also deserves some blame here for not negotiating in good faith or any faith, putting their political ideology and power above everything else.
The Democrats did negotiate. They just wouldn't give in to Trump on a wall that the majority of the American people oppose and a heavy majority of those who elected these Democrats oppose. Trump's idea of negotiation is to force people with less power than him to do what he wants. That may work with his employees or students at Trump University or Republican senators but it didn't work with the Democrats.

I have to give him credit for one thing. He really outdid himself with that confidence-inspiring speech today.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:33 pm

I'd like the Democrats to start talking about where the money's going to come from to pay for the National Emergency Wall. One area is money that's been earmarked for construction projects to improve military housing so that military families don't have to live in conditions like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... e5a612a25e

My understanding is that a lot of the rest of the money was earmarked for some of our existing drug interdiction programs. So Trump is taking money that's being used to stop drugs from coming into the country to build a wall that won't stop drugs from coming into the country.

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:29 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:The dem leadership also deserves some blame here for not negotiating in good faith or any faith, putting their political ideology and power above everything else.
The Democrats did negotiate. They just wouldn't give in to Trump on a wall that the majority of the American people oppose and a heavy majority of those who elected these Democrats oppose. Trump's idea of negotiation is to force people with less power than him to do what he wants. That may work with his employees or students at Trump University or Republican senators but it didn't work with the Democrats.

I have to give him credit for one thing. He really outdid himself with that confidence-inspiring speech today.
It amuses me that once again you avoid addressing the main point of my post to give a bat phone answer to a minor point.

It amazes me that you think what the dems did was 'negotiation' and that they have the slightest concern about fiscal responsibility. But I guess you would think that as you can only parrot what is given you by the left wing media like the 'nightly news' on any channel, state run NPR and the usual left-wing website sites you live in.

I'm glad you can give the President credit for something.

See, I can be happy and incredulous just like you!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:42 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:I'd like the Democrats to start talking about where the money's going to come from to pay for the National Emergency Wall. One area is money that's been earmarked for construction projects to improve military housing so that military families don't have to live in conditions like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... e5a612a25e

My understanding is that a lot of the rest of the money was earmarked for some of our existing drug interdiction programs. So Trump is taking money that's being used to stop drugs from coming into the country to build a wall that won't stop drugs from coming into the country.
I thought he was also using money earmarked for disaster relief in Puerto Rico and California. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:45 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:When are 'people of outrage' like bob-tel going to get fed up and tell congress to actually fix it with something we can all live with?
There is nothing we can all live with. Donny has made that clear. And as we learned in California, where virtually nothing could get Republicans to vote for a tax increase under any circumstances, no matter how dire, when the other side won't negotiate (as is true here of Donny's wing of the Republican Party, which has effective control of the Party), there's nothing left to do but bulldoze them until they no longer have the power to stand in your way.

So as far as I'm concerned, until and unless the Republican Party recovers some semblance of sanity (which includes the ability to EFFECTIVELY oppose Donny's racism, not just issue ineffectual tut tuts), that should be the plan. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:When are 'people of outrage' like bob-tel going to get fed up and tell congress to actually fix it with something we can all live with?
There is nothing we can all live with. Donny has made that clear. And as we learned in California, where virtually nothing could get Republicans to vote for a tax increase under any circumstances, no matter how dire, when the other side won't negotiate (as is true here of Donny's wing of the Republican Party, which has effective control of the Party), there's nothing left to do but bulldoze them until they no longer have the power to stand in your way.

So as far as I'm concerned, until and unless the Republican Party recovers some semblance of sanity (which includes the ability to EFFECTIVELY oppose Donny's racism, not just issue ineffectual tut tuts), that should be the plan. --Bob
President Trump is a lot of things, but he not a racist. The use of that word has been defined down to anyone who opposes the liberal agenda. Anyone who seriously believes that is insane with TDS and themselves a hater and therefore has no credibility.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:28 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

President Trump is a lot of things, but he not a racist. The use of that word has been defined down to anyone who opposes the liberal agenda. Anyone who seriously believes that is insane with TDS and themselves a hater and therefore has no credibility.
Anyone who ignores the clear evidence of the racism underlying both Donny's rhetoric and his policies has clearly come down with an incurable case of Trump Fanboy Syndrome. There is no known cure so the only thing left to do is to politically neuter anyone displaying symptoms by working overtime to defeat any officeholder showing any tendency to indulge their views. --Bob

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Judging by my incoming email this afternoon, thanks to trump's "emergency" today will probably be a record-breaking fund-raising day for Democrats and leftist causes.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.