There's a Void

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

There's a Void

#1 Post by Estonut » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:27 pm

I am really missing LS this week. Some years, I've been so busy with work that I missed days and (almost/kind of) looked forward to the end.

Had the game been a week longer this year, I could've caught Earl by now... :lol:
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: There's a Void

#2 Post by Vandal » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:42 pm

If only there were another Bored challenge coming soon.

If only...
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:59 pm

There are lots of voids in Colorado this week, AKA weather closures. Our Toastmasters club canceled when the Toastmaster figured out that there would be four people in attendance. I canceled Thursday duplicate bridge for the same reason, and darn it, it's STAC week! STAC means extra masterpoints for the deserving. I dunno how deserving I am, but I need 10 silver points to achieve Life Master status. The tough one for me to crack will be the gold points. You get those only at regional and above tournaments, and I'm not all that fond of traveling to bridge tournaments. I wish I could get gold points for playing online.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#4 Post by Lizbit » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:44 pm

Me and Wiki had a really good time playing LS. We can't wait to get to play it again. We've even started to listen to more songs that are not usually played on the Beatles Channel. Tonight, Mr. Peter Asher played "Songs the Beatles Liked" (or "Listened To", something like that.) We heard songs from The Crickets and Mr. Buddy Holly and Mr. Chuck Berry. Mr. Chuck's song was called Roll Over, Beethoven, and I liked that one the best! It made me dance in the front seat of my mom's car. Mr. Buddy had a clangy-sounding guitar that didn't even seem like it could be the same instrument that Mr. George played on My Guitar Gently Weeps, but it was really bouncy and the sound made us laff a lot. The Crickets confused me, because they sounded pretty good. I've known backyard crickets ever since I was a pup, and none of them had good singing voices. Most of them sound squeaky and like somebody just pulled their tails. If crickets have tails. Come to think of it, I've never paid attention to that.

Anyway, we're going to learn more songs by other musicians who don't have their own channels. Also, I've started checking into that thing where Miss Alexa will play songs by request on the Echo tube thingie. I told my mom about it, and she didn't say NO! She said for me to tell her whatever I found out, and "We'll see." Whoohoo!

We're going to do even better next time!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 am

Estonut wrote:I am really missing LS this week. Some years, I've been so busy with work that I missed days and (almost/kind of) looked forward to the end.

Had the game been a week longer this year, I could've caught Earl by now... :lol:

Sure, if Earl didn't get the message about Bonus Week....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:48 am

SportsFan68 wrote:There are lots of voids in Colorado this week, AKA weather closures. Our Toastmasters club canceled when the Toastmaster figured out that there would be four people in attendance. I canceled Thursday duplicate bridge for the same reason, and darn it, it's STAC week! STAC means extra masterpoints for the deserving. I dunno how deserving I am, but I need 10 silver points to achieve Life Master status. The tough one for me to crack will be the gold points. You get those only at regional and above tournaments, and I'm not all that fond of traveling to bridge tournaments. I wish I could get gold points for playing online.

Why don't you bug the bridge TPTB for undeserved points the same way you bug me for undeserved points? You never know...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:13 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:There are lots of voids in Colorado this week, AKA weather closures. Our Toastmasters club canceled when the Toastmaster figured out that there would be four people in attendance. I canceled Thursday duplicate bridge for the same reason, and darn it, it's STAC week! STAC means extra masterpoints for the deserving. I dunno how deserving I am, but I need 10 silver points to achieve Life Master status. The tough one for me to crack will be the gold points. You get those only at regional and above tournaments, and I'm not all that fond of traveling to bridge tournaments. I wish I could get gold points for playing online.

Why don't you bug the bridge TPTB for undeserved points the same way you bug me for undeserved points? You never know...

lb13
It doesn't work with you, why would it work with them? They're even more stuffier than you are.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller