Hmmm, 3.1 percent growth

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Hmmm, 3.1 percent growth

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Some of this stuff never gets old;
Former Harvard President and Obama economic adviser Larry Summers was one of the most outspoken in saying such growth wouldn't happen.

"The budget forecasts that U.S. economic growth will rise to 3.0 percent because of the administration’s policies," Summers wrote in a 2017 Washington Post article.

"Fair enough if you believe in tooth fairies and ludicrous supply-side economics," Summers added.

Criticism of the 3 percent estimate had been widespread. Nobel-prize winning Princeton economist Paul Krugman also called such growth "implausible" while also adding that it's "not impossible, but not something that should be anyone’s central forecast."

In 2016, Krugman also predicted that, because Trump won the election, "we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight."
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

lilclyde54

Re: Hmmm, 3.1 percent growth

#2 Post by lilclyde54 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:01 pm

Good Luck on ever hearing any of them say that they were wrong.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

Four Hour Stiffy
Merry Man

Re: Hmmm, 3.1 percent growth

#3 Post by Four Hour Stiffy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:50 pm

I'll take what I can get!
BOOOIIIIIINNNGGGGG!!!!!