I Wonder What's Different

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

I Wonder What's Different

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Donald Trump March 2019 wrote:FEMA has been told directly by me to give the A Plus treatment to the Great State of Alabama and the wonderful people who have been so devastated by the Tornadoes. @GovernorKayIvey, one of the best in our Country, has been so informed. She is working closely with FEMA (and me!).
Donald Trump January 2019 wrote:Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forest fires that, with proper Forest Management, would never happen. Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

Re: I Wonder What's Different

#2 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:06 pm

You really can't see the difference? Are you really that dense?

I'm not saying Trump's response to California was a good one. I thought it a poor decision. But what he is saying is that mismanagement of the forests increased the risk and extent of damage from fires. There is some truth to that. There is no such mismanagement (at least mentioned) that caused the tornadoes or the extent of the damage.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:16 pm

BackInTex wrote:But what he is saying is that mismanagement of the forests increased the risk and extent of damage from fires. There is some truth to that.
Are you referring to those forests that were under National Forest Service management? Got it.

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:31 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:But what he is saying is that mismanagement of the forests increased the risk and extent of damage from fires. There is some truth to that.
Are you referring to those forests that were under National Forest Service management? Got it.
It doesn't matter who's management they were under. Like I said, I didn't agree with Trump's position on California. But your idiotic question about "what's different" was answered. Trumps may have been wrong, but there is clearly a difference in the two situations.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:45 pm

BackInTex wrote: but there is clearly a difference in the two situations.
Yes, it's called Red State/Blue State (and my question was rhetorical).

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:52 pm

BackInTex wrote:
It doesn't matter who's management they were under. Like I said, I didn't agree with Trump's position on California. But your idiotic question about "what's different" was answered. Trumps may have been wrong, but there is clearly a difference in the two situations.
The only difference in the two situations that's at all relevant to Donny is that Alabama voted for him and California never will.

People give me a hard time for referring to him as "Donny" instead of by his title. We ordinarily accord respect to the President, even when we disagree with him, because we trust that the occupant of that office is genuinely trying in good faith to put the country's interests ahead of his own personal or political interests, even if that requires some sacrifice or if it means helping a political opponent. I believed that of President George W. Bush even though I thought he was a terrible President. I believed it of Ronald Reagan even though I devoutly disagreed with the direction in which he steered the country. (I[m leaving out Bush 41 only because I thought in some ways he wasn't bad at the job. His willingness to put the country's interests above his personal interests was obvious.) And I think that most Republicans believe that of the three most recent Democratic Presidents.

Donny doesn't give a damn about anything but his own personal interests. His conduct in office has demonstrated that truth time and time again. He's a disgrace to the office wholly undeserving of even a shred of respect. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:30 pm

Hey BobJ!!! Alert. Hey sss!
Whataboutism. Prezzes can do whatevah the fuck they want.

https://www.politifact.com/texas/statem ... s-obama-a/
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Hey BobJ!!! Alert. Hey sss!

Directly from the article: "FEMA has not denied federal aid for the Texas wildfires; it’s approved fire-fighting grants adding up to $23 million — far more than Oklahoma’s approximate $3 million in disaster aid." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:00 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Hey BobJ!!! Alert. Hey sss!

Directly from the article: "FEMA has not denied federal aid for the Texas wildfires; it’s approved fire-fighting grants adding up to $23 million — far more than Oklahoma’s approximate $3 million in disaster aid." --Bob
Staples correctly says that the Obama administration denied Texas’ request for a disaster declaration due to long-burning wildfires: The same administration approved a similar disaster declaration request from Oklahoma in 2009, in response to wildfires that burned for only a few days.

But the statement leaves out a crucial relevant fact. FEMA has not denied federal aid for the Texas wildfires; it’s approved fire-fighting grants adding up to $23 million — far more than Oklahoma’s approximate $3 million in disaster aid.

We rate Staples statement Mostly True.

Just saying. Think Ca has federal aid
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
The only difference in the two situations that's at all relevant to Donny is that Alabama voted for him and California never will.

People give me a hard time for referring to him as "Donny" instead of by his title. We ordinarily accord respect to the President, even when we disagree with him, because we trust that the occupant of that office is genuinely trying in good faith to put the country's interests ahead of his own personal or political interests, even if that requires some sacrifice or if it means helping a political opponent. I believed that of President George W. Bush even though I thought he was a terrible President. I believed it of Ronald Reagan even though I devoutly disagreed with the direction in which he steered the country. (I[m leaving out Bush 41 only because I thought in some ways he wasn't bad at the job. His willingness to put the country's interests above his personal interests was obvious.) And I think that most Republicans believe that of the three most recent Democratic Presidents.

Donny doesn't give a damn about anything but his own personal interests. His conduct in office has demonstrated that truth time and time again. He's a disgrace to the office wholly undeserving of even a shred of respect. --Bob
You don't give a damn about anything but tearing down trump no matter what he does or doesn't do, and you proclaimed your intentions even before he was inaugurated. If anyone's putting their personal and political interests ahead of the good of the country, it's you and your morally bankrupt political party. Peddle your hatred somewhere else. You're not convincing anyone.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:29 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

You don't give a damn about anything but tearing down trump no matter what he does or doesn't do, and you proclaimed your intentions even before he was inaugurated. If anyone's putting their personal and political interests ahead of the good of the country, it's you and your morally bankrupt political party. Peddle your hatred somewhere else. You're not convincing anyone.
I don't need to convince anyone. Donny's taking care of that for me. As demonstrated in November 2018. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:02 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: You're not convincing anyone.
We've already convinced over half the country. Probably more, because I have a strong suspicion that many Republicans know exactly who Trump is but judge that the benefits of retaining power are enough to outweigh any condemnation they may have for him.

triviawayne

#13 Post by triviawayne » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:14 am

BackInTex wrote:You really can't see the difference? Are you really that dense?

I'm not saying Trump's response to California was a good one. I thought it a poor decision. But what he is saying is that mismanagement of the forests increased the risk and extent of damage from fires. There is some truth to that. There is no such mismanagement (at least mentioned) that caused the tornadoes or the extent of the damage.

nope, they should've built round buildings to minimize the damage :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APpRKZiAkKI

franktangredi

#14 Post by franktangredi » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:41 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Peddle your hatred somewhere else. You're not convincing anyone.
If "convincing" people is the standard we're going by, nobody here ever succeeds.
Last edited by franktangredi on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#15 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:37 am

franktangredi wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Peddle your hatred somewhere else. You're not convincing anyone.
If "convincing" people is the standard we're going by, nobody here ever succeeds.

I'm not convinced that's the case...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

flockofseagulls104

#16 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:46 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:

lb13
I don't agree with either of you
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

franktangredi

#17 Post by franktangredi » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:36 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:

lb13
Who are you, the anti-Tevye?

flockofseagulls104

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:14 am

franktangredi wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Who are you, the anti-Tevye?
No, apparently, I'm a trump fan-boy.
TRADITION, TRADITION!!