Media bias

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Media bias

#1 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:28 am

Nothing to see here, move along.

Reuters Admits They Sat On Bombshell Beto O'Rourke Story For 2 Years

Of course some liberals may say "So what?", probably because they are O.K. with their president being a former hacker and publishing fantasies about running innocent children down. Of course if some teen did that today (publish such fantasy) they'd immediately be arrested and put in jail (well perhaps if the fantasy was about shooting the kids, not running them down in a car).
Reuters reported late on Friday night that their reporter who broke the story about Democrat Beto O'Rourke belonging to a hacker group had the story for two years and agreed to sit on it until after O'Rourke's Senate race against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).
Some of O'Rourke's old writings were discovered on an online discussion forum that he started called "TacoLand."

One particular piece of writing from O'Rourke was especially troubling as he described mowing down children in a car.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

jarnon

Re: Media bias

#2 Post by jarnon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:47 am

BackInTex wrote:Some of O'Rourke's old writings were discovered on an online discussion forum that he started called "TacoLand."
If a white Republican Texan created a forum called TacoLand, that in itself would be offensive to liberals.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:00 am

O'Rourke granted the interview on the condition that the information remain confidential until after the election. That's not the same as Reuters making this decision on their own. Presumably, Reuters felt that whatever O'Rourke was willing to contribute outweighed what they would be able to publish based on the confirmation they had at the time.

As for his comments, they were bad. They were also written by a 15-year-old who was probably trying to impress other 15-year-olds who never became famous but were writing similar comments.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:16 am

silverscreenselect wrote:O'Rourke granted the interview on the condition that the information remain confidential until after the election. That's not the same as Reuters making this decision on their own. Presumably, Reuters felt that whatever O'Rourke was willing to contribute outweighed what they would be able to publish based on the confirmation they had at the time.

As for his comments, they were bad. They were also written by a 15-year-old who was probably trying to impress other 15-year-olds who never became famous but were writing similar comments.
Tell that to Judge Kavanaugh and Nick Sandman.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:24 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:O'Rourke granted the interview on the condition that the information remain confidential until after the election. That's not the same as Reuters making this decision on their own. Presumably, Reuters felt that whatever O'Rourke was willing to contribute outweighed what they would be able to publish based on the confirmation they had at the time.

Tell that to Judge Kavanaugh and Nick Sandman.
We haven't even gotten to Beto's misogynous writings yet.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

normastitz9876

#6 Post by normastitz9876 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:12 pm

Supported Beto in the Senate race. This isn't offensive -- he also had a DUI plus alleged hit and run, which isn't disqualifying so much as he owned up to it and spoke on why it's a formative experience that's helped him grow. The CDC hacker group membership is somewhat similar to me: he was a part of a creative writing group where he thought he was anonymous and he made terrible hyperbolic writing. So what, he was young and dumb. Not a big deal.

ON THE OTHER HAND:

Just read today he voted for a law that gave the chair to cop killers in response to BLM protests. That's where I lose major steam for this guy. I'm for him if he's against Ted Cruz. I'm against him as long as there's far better alternatives out there.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... tter-bill/

Also: by the logic earlier in this thread, Dubya would've been disqualified for having paid for an abortion. He did. He wasn't. Everyone got over it.

I wouldn't worry - Beto won't be making it far. You can all simmer down.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:20 pm

normastitz9876 wrote:Supported Beto in the Senate race. This isn't offensive -- he also had a DUI plus alleged hit and run, which isn't disqualifying so much as he owned up to it and spoke on why it's a formative experience that's helped him grow. The CDC hacker group membership is somewhat similar to me: he was a part of a creative writing group where he thought he was anonymous and he made terrible hyperbolic writing. So what, he was young and dumb. Not a big deal.

ON THE OTHER HAND:

Just read today he voted for a law that gave the chair to cop killers in response to BLM protests. That's where I lose major steam for this guy. I'm for him if he's against Ted Cruz. I'm against him as long as there's far better alternatives out there.

Also: by the logic earlier in this thread, Dubya would've been disqualified for having paid for an abortion. He did. He wasn't. Everyone got over it.

Welcome aBored!

It's my experience that a lot of politicians on both sides of the aisle are willing to change their votes in response to changes in their constituencies. I don't have an issue with that. Senator Gillibrand, for example, had a significantly more conservative voting record when she represented a swing Hudson Valley district in the House than she had after she reached the Senate.

Research shows pretty consistently that what candidates say on the campaign trail is a better predictor of what they'll do than is their prior voting record. So I'm much more interested in that. And so far, at least, I like a lot what I've heard from Rep. O'Rourke. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:31 pm

normastitz9876 wrote:Supported Beto in the Senate race. This isn't offensive -- he also had a DUI plus alleged hit and run, which isn't disqualifying so much as he owned up to it and spoke on why it's a formative experience that's helped him grow. The CDC hacker group membership is somewhat similar to me: he was a part of a creative writing group where he thought he was anonymous and he made terrible hyperbolic writing. So what, he was young and dumb. Not a big deal.

ON THE OTHER HAND:

Well, bless ur lil Tejas heart. Dui, granted, who gives a shit. Weirdass ramblings...not so sure. Allowing wife to look like a dipshit during announcement, dipsit squared. No anything in his quiver of policy...
Bad adam's apple and scrawny pockmarked face-bless his heart. Too.
Well, then

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Welcome aBored!
LOL Mr Feminist.

I love the irony.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:31 pm

BackInTex wrote:
LOL Mr Feminist.

I love the irony.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I saw that this was her first post, used Moderator tools to confirm that she's not a Merry Man, and issued my traditional greeting to new members. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
LOL Mr Feminist.

I love the irony.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I saw that this was her first post, used Moderator tools to confirm that she's not a Merry Man, and issued my traditional greeting to new members. --Bob
normastitz9876 | Normas Titz | e Normas Titz
Annie Hawkins-Turner, better known by the stage name Norma Stitz, is a website entrepreneur and fetish model.[1] Her pseudonym is a word-play on "enormous tits". She holds the Guinness World Record for largest natural breasts
I doubt the troll is a her and even more, not Ms Hawkins-Turner. But it says things you like. You get to feed it.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#12 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:57 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
LOL Mr Feminist.

I love the irony.
Annie Hawkins-Turner, better known by the stage name Norma Stitz, is a website entrepreneur and fetish model.[1] Her pseudonym is a word-play on "enormous tits". She holds the Guinness World Record for largest natural breasts
I doubt the troll is a her and even more, not Ms Hawkins-Turner. But it says things you like. You get to feed it.
Wouldn't have known that. I guess we run in different circles.

I don't see any basis for considering her a troll. I also doubt that we've been visited by the real Todd Rundgren or the real B.B. King. --Bob

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#13 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about. I saw that this was her first post, used Moderator tools to confirm that she's not a Merry Man, and issued my traditional greeting to new members. --Bob

I don't see any basis for considering her a troll. I also doubt that we've been visited by the real Todd Rundgren or the real B.B. King. --Bob
So, you're saying that Ms. Norma's smarmy "nom de bored" was too subtle for you? Interesting.

For the record, the poster who was here as Todd Rungren was a genuine Texas lawyer right up to the day he was disbarred. The poster we call B.B. King named herself for her very real dog (now her late real dog), which she explained many times. So, perhaps I should give you partial credit for pondering the possibility of authenticity for, say, the first 60 to 120 seconds of their respective original appearances. Similarly, I am NOT actually the product of a General Motors assembly line. I don't want you to be confused about that, either.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:29 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

So, you're saying that Ms. Norma's smarmy "nom de bored" was too subtle for you? Interesting.

For the record, the poster who was here as Todd Rungren was a genuine Texas lawyer right up to the day he was disbarred. The poster we call B.B. King named herself for her very real dog (now her late real dog), which she explained many times. So, perhaps I should give you partial credit for pondering the possibility of authenticity for, say, the first 60 to 120 seconds of their respective original appearances. Similarly, I am NOT actually the product of a General Motors assembly line. I don't want you to be confused about that, either.
My point is that I really don't understand why BiT felt it necessary to point out that this poster probably isn't the person who performs under that stage name. I wouldn't have thought that for the same reason I didn't think our "Todd Rundgren" was the musical performer and for the same reason I didn't think our "B.B. King" was the musical performer. Hell, even though I've enjoyed corresponding with Annie and her siblings, I don't actually think you have keyboards capable of accommodating a dog's paws. --Bob

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#15 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote: My point is that I really don't understand why BiT felt it necessary to point out that this poster probably isn't the person who performs under that stage name. I wouldn't have thought that for the same reason I didn't think our "Todd Rundgren" was the musical performer and for the same reason I didn't think our "B.B. King" was the musical performer. Hell, even though I've enjoyed corresponding with Annie and her siblings, I don't actually think you have keyboards capable of accommodating a dog's paws. --Bob
They are unusually determined girls who type one letter at a time with whatever claw is longest at the moment. They are not particularly fast typists, but their spelling has improved over the years. I don't think Wiki has tried to make a post yet, but Lizbit enjoys making contributions from time to time. In reading over her posts, I can guarantee that she offers her own interpretations of the world, not mine, and I think her observations often are insightful and accurate. I confess that I have liked her stories about being the Guardian of the Free Rangers the most of all, and I've been nudging her toward gathering them all up and writing a kid's book about her adventures with the previous neighbor's hens. I wish I could provide her with some new chickens of her own, but I suspect the home-owners association of my new neighborhood probably would object.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

tlynn78

#16 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:08 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: My point is that I really don't understand why BiT felt it necessary to point out that this poster probably isn't the person who performs under that stage name. I wouldn't have thought that for the same reason I didn't think our "Todd Rundgren" was the musical performer and for the same reason I didn't think our "B.B. King" was the musical performer. Hell, even though I've enjoyed corresponding with Annie and her siblings, I don't actually think you have keyboards capable of accommodating a dog's paws. --Bob
They are unusually determined girls who type one letter at a time with whatever claw is longest at the moment. They are not particularly fast typists, but their spelling has improved over the years. I don't think Wiki has tried to make a post yet, but Lizbit enjoys making contributions from time to time. In reading over her posts, I can guarantee that she offers her own interpretations of the world, not mine, and I think her observations often are insightful and accurate. I confess that I have liked her stories about being the Guardian of the Free Rangers the most of all, and I've been nudging her toward gathering them all up and writing a kid's book about her adventures with the previous neighbor's hens. I wish I could provide her with some new chickens of her own, but I suspect the home-owners association of my new neighborhood probably would object.
I would buy this book!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:29 am

Media Bias:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... acare.html

Oh, damn. It's from Faux News, so it is all made up. My bad.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:39 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Media Bias:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... acare.html

Oh, damn. It's from Faux News, so it is all made up. My bad.
You and your buddy Carlson conveniently ignore the fact that the Trump administration took the major step of trying to get Obamacare thrown out in its entirety in the courts during that 24 hours.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com