Midwest Flooding

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Midwest Flooding

#1 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:46 am

Praying our friends in Nebraska and Iowa are safe and high and dry.

Looking at the traffic map of Omaha the city has many major roads closed due to flooding.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Appa23

Re: Midwest Flooding

#2 Post by Appa23 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:54 am

Not sure if I am the only Bored member in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa, or Northwest Missouri, but I will disappoint at least half of you with the news that I am high and dry. There has been significant impact around me, and it has made my hectic work life even more hectic, but we persevere.

We likely may see some impact in the days/weeks to come in the Dakotas and along the Mississippi River as prairie snow melt continues and all of this water makes its may through the Missouri/Mississippi River system.

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:32 am

Appa23 wrote:Not sure if I am the only Bored member in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa, or Northwest Missouri, but I will disappoint at least half of you with the news that I am high and dry. There has been significant impact around me, and it has made my hectic work life even more hectic, but we persevere.

We likely may see some impact in the days/weeks to come in the Dakotas and along the Mississippi River as prairie snow melt continues and all of this water makes its may through the Missouri/Mississippi River system.
I'm glad to hear you are O.K.

I believe Sir G live just north of Des Moines and looks to be far enough removed from the current flooding to be considered safe.

Yes, the snow melt will be significant this year, across the plains and from the Rockies, and probably from the Sierra Nevadas as well.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Appa23

#4 Post by Appa23 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:19 pm

One piece of trivia that has been stated several times over the last week is that Nebraska is the state containing the greatest number of miles of waterways.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Appa23 wrote:One piece of trivia that has been stated several times over the last week is that Nebraska is the state containing the greatest number of miles of waterways.
It's got a lot more right now. :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.