WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:47 am 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4448
Sally Neumann
Seattle, WA


Sally has a degree in existential phenomenological psychology.

$500: In a famous Britney Spears song, what lyric comes immediately after the line, "Oops!...I did it again"?
A - I mistook Jesse Eisenberg for Michael Cera
B - I went in the pool right after I ate
C - I transported stolen goods over state lines
D - I played with your heart
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (I played with your heart)


$1000: Money-saving expert Jeff Yeager suggests that when there's no safe, travelers put their money in an empty what, as hotel thieves generally don't steal toiletries?
A - ice bucket
B - stick of deodorant
C - bureau drawer
D - trash can
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (stick of deodorant)


$2000: The second hand of a clock travels at approximately what speed?
A - 78 rpm
B - 45 rpm
C - 33 1/3 rpm
D - 1 rpm

Sally was dreading any question dealing with numbers, so she's going to ask the audience. Before Chris can say anything, Sally says, "I just figured it out", but she's already used the lifeline.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ask the Audience results:
A - 0%
B - 9%
C - 9%
D - 82%

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (1 rpm)


$3000: A fierce real-life rivalry between Cadbury and Rowntree inspired the fictional corporate rivalry in what classic children's novel?
A - The Phantom Tollbooth
B - Black Beauty
C - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
D - The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

Sally is stoked to see a question about words. After discussing the plots of each, she notes that Cadbury is a chocolate company.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)


$5000: "Himno Istmeño," or "Isthmus Hymn," is what country's national anthem?
A - Portugal
B - Dominican Republic
C - Chile
D - Panama

Sally says this must be her lucky day.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (Panama)

commercial break

$7000: In 2018, Stacey Cunningham made history when she became the first woman to preside over wht finance-related institution in its 226-year history?
A - New York Stock Exchange
B - The Wall Street Journal
C - Goldman Sachs
D - U.S. Federal Reserve

Sally doesn't know this off the top of her head but she isn't going to make an "rpm mistake". She subtracts 226 from the year and then says the Federal Reserve is the only one old enough. She isn't going to walk away leaving lifelines on the table. She uses her 50:50.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
"50:50 results": A & D

She says she should have gone for it, and makes D her final answer.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: A (New York Stock Exchange)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12767
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Sally Neumann
Seattle, WA


Sally has a degree in existential phenomenological psychology.

When introducing her, Chris said he would have to ask her what this was all about, but he never did.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$1000: Money-saving expert Jeff Yeager suggests that when there's no safe, travelers put their money in an empty what, as hotel thieves generally don't steal toiletries?
A - ice bucket
B - stick of deodorant
C - bureau drawer
D - trash can
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (stick of deodorant)

Well, they will now. :mrgreen:

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$2000: The second hand of a clock travels at approximately what speed?
A - 78 rpm
B - 45 rpm
C - 33 1/3 rpm
D - 1 rpm

Sally was dreading any question dealing with numbers, so she's going to ask the audience. Before Chris can say anything, Sally says, "I just figured it out", but she's already used the lifeline.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ask the Audience results:
A - 0%
B - 9%
C - 9%
D - 82%

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (1 rpm)

Too bad she burned the lifeline unnecessarily.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$7000: In 2018, Stacey Cunningham made history when she became the first woman to preside over what finance-related institution in its 226-year history?
A - New York Stock Exchange
B - The Wall Street Journal
C - Goldman Sachs
D - U.S. Federal Reserve

Sally doesn't know this off the top of her head but she isn't going to make an "rpm mistake". She subtracts 226 from the year and then says the Federal Reserve is the only one old enough. She isn't going to walk away leaving lifelines on the table. She uses her 50:50.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
"50:50 results": A & D

She says she should have gone for it, and makes D her final answer.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: A (New York Stock Exchange)

I guess she forgot about Janet Yellen.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SportsFan68 and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.