Sliver!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Earl the Squirrel

Sliver!

#1 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:32 am

I don't know what kind of cable/streaming/whatever setup you have for television, but there is a new series on FX starting April 9 called Fosse/Verdon with Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams.

From the teasers it looks like it will be good. It's amazing how much MW looks like Gwen Verdon, I didn't even realize who it was at first.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Sliver!

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:10 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:I don't know what kind of cable/streaming/whatever setup you have for television, but there is a new series on FX starting April 9 called Fosse/Verdon with Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams.

From the teasers it looks like it will be good. It's amazing how much MW looks like Gwen Verdon, I didn't even realize who it was at first.
Thank you, Earl. Double thank you! I had not heard about this series, but I most definitely want to watch it. I know that my cable does have FX, so I'll find it and mark April 9 on my calendar. Whoohoo!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:12 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:I don't know what kind of cable/streaming/whatever setup you have for television, but there is a new series on FX starting April 9 called Fosse/Verdon with Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams.

Thank you, Earl. Double thank you! I had not heard about this series, but I most definitely want to watch it. I know that my cable does have FX, so I'll find it and mark April 9 on my calendar. Whoohoo!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#4 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:12 am

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:46 am

silvercamaro wrote:Double thank you!

Looks more like a triple thank you to me. Or a twenty-one salute in dog thank yous...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#6 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:58 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

Looks more like a triple thank you to me. Or a twenty-one salute in dog thank yous...

lb13
LOL. I've had mysterious double posts in the past, but this is my first triple. If I'm doing something strange to cause the multiples, I apologize. If not, shame on the Bored!

Vandal
Director of Promos

#7 Post by Vandal » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:54 pm

There's a similar show called Fosse/Rose:

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Ritterskoop

#8 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:08 pm

I had gotten the impression it was a movie rather than a series, but that was from chatter on a Broadway forum a few months ago, and may have been wrong.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Earl the Squirrel

#9 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:05 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Dude, she's just exxxtra excited! I mean, can you blame her? FOSSE!!!!!11

Earl the Squirrel

#10 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:08 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:I had gotten the impression it was a movie rather than a series, but that was from chatter on a Broadway forum a few months ago, and may have been wrong.
You are correct that your impression was wrong.

FX does a lot of limited series/anthology type stuff. This is a limited series along the same lines as Feud: Bette & Joan from last year that will air over a period of a few months.

Ritterskoop

#11 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:44 pm

Yep, limited series. Entertainment Weekly has a preview in this week's issue.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.