Now THIS is a crisis

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Now THIS is a crisis

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:42 am

Has anyone noticed the story about the whistleblower who reported to Congress that Donny's Administration has given security clearances to at least 25 people who flunked their security reviews, for reasons such as vulnerability to blackmail and foreign influence? The information those people are in position to leak to foreign interests can damage our country for years to come, yet Republicans appear prepared to give Donny a pass on this issue, just like on all the other ways he's damaged our national interest. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: Now THIS is a crisis

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:53 am

Bob78164 wrote:Has anyone noticed the story about the whistleblower who reported to Congress that Donny's Administration has given security clearances to at least 25 people who flunked their security reviews, for reasons such as vulnerability to blackmail and foreign influence? The information those people are in position to leak to foreign interests can damage our country for years to come, yet Republicans appear prepared to give Donny a pass on this issue, just like on all the other ways he's damaged our national interest. --Bob
But... Hillary's emails.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:53 am

No I didn't notice. Could you provide a link?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20 pm

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Thank GOD.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:42 pm

tlynn78 wrote:I don't think that word means what you think it means. Thank GOD.
Now, now, don't offend the irreligious sensibilities.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:16 pm

BackInTex wrote:No I didn't notice. Could you provide a link?
Somehow I'm not surprised this didn't make it onto your radar. Or you could just Google "whistleblower security clearance." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:19 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
So tell me, what was it you didn't like about the way Secretary Clinton handled her e-mails? Because I thought all the foofooraw was about the possibility that classified information would be exposed to hostile foreign governments. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
So tell me, what was it you didn't like about the way Secretary Clinton handled her e-mails? Because I thought all the foofooraw was about the possibility that classified information would be exposed to hostile foreign governments. --Bob
One diff is that she HAD security clearance and DIDN'T exercise reasonable or non negligent care. Check some Comey blathering.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
One diff is that she HAD security clearance and DIDN'T exercise reasonable or non negligent care. Check some Comey blathering.
Whereas Donny or his Administration are giving security clearances to people who they know shouldn't have them at all because they are at risk of deliberately spilling the secrets in their care to hostile foreign governments. You think careless handling of e-mails is worse than that? Fine. I doubt many people agree with you about that. Particularly in light of Donny's willingness to use unshielded phones at Mar-a-Lago and other insecure locations. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:36 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:So tell me, what was it you didn't like about the way Secretary Clinton handled her e-mails? Because I thought all the foofooraw was about the possibility that classified information would be exposed to hostile foreign governments. --Bob
Whereas Donny or his Administration are giving security clearances to people who they know shouldn't have them at all because they are at risk of deliberately spilling the secrets in their care to hostile foreign governments. You think careless handling of e-mails is worse than that? Fine. I doubt many people agree with you about that. Particularly in light of Donny's willingness to use unshielded phones at Mar-a-Lago and other insecure locations. --Bob
But, but Mueller? Deliberately spilling? Bill Clinton-deliberate spiller. Ba da bing ba da boom. Thank you. Not here all night.
Well, then

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:No I didn't notice. Could you provide a link?
Somehow I'm not surprised this didn't make it onto your radar. Or you could just Google "whistleblower security clearance." --Bob

I wonder if their concerns about security were based on a false pretext such as the dossier that the DNC paid a Russian national to make up. Or simply TDS. If so, then President Trump was correct in using his constitutional powers as the duly elected President of the United States (including California).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)