WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:58 pm 

Mick Jagger: Heart Surgery Postponed Rolling Stones Tour
Singer to undergo procedure this week; full recovery expected

The 75-year-old rock legend struts up to 12 miles per performance. He works out with a personal trainer to keep in shape while touring.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:13 pm 
Queen of Wack

I will be happy to just be alive then let alone bouncing around a stage!?! Really, you go dude.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:46 pm 

It's a good thing he is a British citizen and has access to the NHS, the best care, and so quickly (in days), regardless of his wealth....oh wait, he's having the procedure done in New York City, NY, USA. That's confusing.

I do wish him well and hope for a full and speedy recovery.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:01 pm 
Dumbass

BackInTex wrote:
It's a good thing he is a British citizen and has access to the NHS, the best care, and so quickly (in days), regardless of his wealth....oh wait, he's having the procedure done in New York City, NY, USA. That's confusing.

God fucking damn..... REALLY?

Some people would like to avoid the bullshit in threads it has no business in....

lb13

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:33 pm 

BackInTex wrote:

Seriously, dude? Don't be so disingenuous....

Do you just have to be a citizen to be covered under the NHS or have to be a legal resident (serious question, I don't know) because while I think he's a dual citizen now I don't believe the UK has been his legal residence for years. Note I said legal, not actual as I'm sure he has piles of ancient castles and keeps lying all about the place....

But, either way, he's a bazillionaire and already in NYC. Why would he travel across the ocean for a heart procedure if he didn't have to do so? Not to mention that the probably has insurance of all different sorts as far as for the tours, business interests, etc.

Finally, who says that the NHS care is the best? Not the UKers. It's not the best care, it's the best free care. There's a big difference as to the import between the depending on one's financial sitch. I would think that most people who can afford it have supplemental or catastrophic insurance.

Plus I don't think that British based Lloyd's of London ain't going out of business any time soon.....

But you knew all that....and it almost worked. I got close to, if not flinging any PMF, at least considering picking up a little chunk just because I wanted to see what was up with ol' Mick. Dammit!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:30 pm 

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Seriously, dude? Don't be so disingenuous....

Do you just have to be a citizen to be covered under the NHS or have to be a legal resident (serious question, I don't know) because while I think he's a dual citizen now I don't believe the UK has been his legal residence for years. Note I said legal, not actual as I'm sure he has piles of ancient castles and keeps lying all about the place....

But, either way, he's a bazillionaire and already in NYC. Why would he travel across the ocean for a heart procedure if he didn't have to do so? Not to mention that the probably has insurance of all different sorts as far as for the tours, business interests, etc.

Finally, who says that the NHS care is the best? Not the UKers. It's not the best care, it's the best free care. There's a big difference as to the import between the depending on one's financial sitch. I would think that most people who can afford it have supplemental or catastrophic insurance.

Plus I don't think that British based Lloyd's of London ain't going out of business any time soon.....

But you knew all that....and it almost worked. I got close to, if not flinging any PMF, at least considering picking up a little chunk just because I wanted to see what was up with ol' Mick. Dammit!

NHS care is the best free care in the U.K. The Scandinavian countries have the best free care.

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:32 pm 
Director of Promos

Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Looking for publisher love:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:25 pm 

Beebs52 wrote:
I will be happy to just be alive then let alone bouncing around a stage!?! Really, you go dude.

Hmm, I always thought you were older than Mick Jagger. You must look older than your age or someth.....

Spock trails off and realizes that he needs to duck and run=LOL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:58 am 
Director of Promos

Spock wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Hmm, I always thought you were older than Mick Jagger. You must look older than your age or someth.....

Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Looking for publisher love:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:17 am 
Queen of Wack

Vandal wrote:
Spock wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Thank you, thank you! You'll be here all night! Unless you join the Vienna Boys Choir...

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:23 pm 

He's on the mend.