Hellboy, Really???Hellboy-Oh and Child's Play????

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Hellboy, Really???Hellboy-Oh and Child's Play????

#1 Post by Spock » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Went to the new pro-life move "Unplanned" yesterday, with Church Youth Group. I have absolutely no interest in discussing abortion, or any related topics in this thread and will not go in that direction.

However, the obvious market for the film is obviously church youth groups and so forth.

Considering the movie and the market there were 3 horrible, cringe-inducing, previews prior to the movie that just kept getting worse.

1) Raunchy Rebel Wilson comedy

2) Hellboy-Really???

3) Child's Play with Chuckie in some new iteration.

Bob Juch

Re: Hellboy, Really???Hellboy-Oh and Child's Play????

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Spock wrote:Went to the new pro-life move "Unplanned" yesterday, with Church Youth Group. I have absolutely no interest in discussing abortion, or any related topics in this thread and will not go in that direction.

However, the obvious market for the film is obviously church youth groups and so forth.

Considering the movie and the market there were 3 horrible, cringe-inducing, previews prior to the movie that just kept getting worse.

1) Raunchy Rebel Wilson comedy

2) Hellboy-Really???

3) Child's Play with Chuckie in some new iteration.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: Hellboy, Really???Hellboy-Oh and Child's Play????

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:35 pm

The problem is that Unplanned is R-rated for some "disturbing/bloody images." They do try to match trailers up according to the type of movie that's playing but one of their primary criteria is the rating of the movie. With a rating/description like that, the assumption would be that pretty much anything goes as far as trailers are concerned.
Here's an article that describes the selection system in a bit more depth:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... -show.html

An R-rated movie whose target demographic audience is people under 25 would tend to attract the type of trailers you described.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com