Plus one-ing now counts as an audition?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

Plus one-ing now counts as an audition?

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:11 pm

I haven't posted a link to WWTBAM-related articles in a while, but this one caught my eye. The reason why is left as an exercise for the reader. :|

https://www.whec.com/news/rochester-wom ... -/5309704/
“My friend, Julia, auditioned and got on. They don’t do phone-a-friend anymore so I came as her plus one because we’re super into trivia,” explained Tagliaferro, referring to the lifeline where a contestant is able to have a friend’s help in answering a question.

After her appearance, a producer approached Lauren and asked her to be on the show.

Suddenly, she found herself in a role-reversal; appearing as the contestant while Julia served as her plus one.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Plus one-ing now counts as an audition?

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:14 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:I haven't posted a link to WWTBAM-related articles in a while, but this one caught my eye. The reason why is left as an exercise for the reader. :|

https://www.whec.com/news/rochester-wom ... -/5309704/
“My friend, Julia, auditioned and got on. They don’t do phone-a-friend anymore so I came as her plus one because we’re super into trivia,” explained Tagliaferro, referring to the lifeline where a contestant is able to have a friend’s help in answering a question.

After her appearance, a producer approached Lauren and asked her to be on the show.

Suddenly, she found herself in a role-reversal; appearing as the contestant while Julia served as her plus one.
Yes, but they still make you take the written test. When I was a Plus One, I was told that the producers had seen me on camera so a video interview would not be necessary. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:29 am

Lauren and Julia have a podcast called Miss Information. If the material’s as clever as the title, it could be fun.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

ulysses1950

#4 Post by ulysses1950 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:00 pm

jarnon wrote:Lauren and Julia have a podcast called Miss Information. If the material’s as clever as the title, it could be fun.
I was in the green room with them. And I heard of another couple that did the same thing. And yes, any plus 1 can take the test while waiting.