I Just Landed a Big BLog Tour

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

I Just Landed a Big BLog Tour

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:11 am

As you may know, I've been taking part in several blog tours to help publicize books by various authors. To be frank, none of them are household names … yet, although John Marrs is getting closer. But I just got accepted for a very high profile tour. This one is for Michael Connelly's new Harry Bosch book which is coming out next month. Bosch is teamed up with a newer Connelly character, LA Det. Renee Ballard, in this one, which is calledThe Night Fire.

My date is May 22.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: I Just Landed a Big BLog Tour

#2 Post by Vandal » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:29 am

silverscreenselect wrote:As you may know, I've been taking part in several blog tours to help publicize books by various authors. To be frank, none of them are household names … yet, although John Marrs is getting closer. But I just got accepted for a very high profile tour. This one is for Michael Connelly's new Harry Bosch book which is coming out next month. Bosch is teamed up with a newer Connelly character, LA Det. Renee Ballard, in this one, which is calledThe Night Fire.

My date is May 22.

Congratulations. Connelly is definitely in the deep end of the publishing pool.

Vandal (waving from the very shallow end)
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:56 am

Very cool!
Well, then

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:31 am

Cool. What does that constitute? How do we see you, or whatever?

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:52 am

Spock wrote:Cool. What does that constitute? How do we see you, or whatever?
A blog tour is a virtual publicity tour arranged by an author or publisher. Over the course of anywhere from a week to a month, on a different day, various book review blogs publicize the book, either through reviews, articles, interviews with the author, guest posts by the author, or some combination. Then, on each blog's selected day (in my case May 22), the blogger posts its article or review, and the publicist, publisher, author, and blogger all promote it on social media. In addition to being good publicity for the author, the blogger gets increased visibility as well. Again, usually these are relatively unknown authors who generally go the blog tour route, which surprised me a bit that Connelly is doing this as well.

In this case, I'll have Michael Connelly (hopefully) and his publisher pointing people to my site and my review of his new book. Of course, if I generate any sales of his book out of this, I get a commission as well, but the primary goal is to get increased visibility for my site.

I'll post a link to the article when it comes out, and, of course, anyone who's my Facebook or Twitter follower will get notified through those channels as well.

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:31 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Spock wrote:Cool. What does that constitute? How do we see you, or whatever?
A blog tour is a virtual publicity tour arranged by an author or publisher. Over the course of anywhere from a week to a month, on a different day, various book review blogs publicize the book, either through reviews, articles, interviews with the author, guest posts by the author, or some combination. Then, on each blog's selected day (in my case May 22), the blogger posts its article or review, and the publicist, publisher, author, and blogger all promote it on social media. In addition to being good publicity for the author, the blogger gets increased visibility as well. Again, usually these are relatively unknown authors who generally go the blog tour route, which surprised me a bit that Connelly is doing this as well.

In this case, I'll have Michael Connelly (hopefully) and his publisher pointing people to my site and my review of his new book. Of course, if I generate any sales of his book out of this, I get a commission as well, but the primary goal is to get increased visibility for my site.

I'll post a link to the article when it comes out, and, of course, anyone who's my Facebook or Twitter follower will get notified through those channels as well.
What is your blog, BTW?

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:56 am

It's www.silverscreenvideos.com (it's a website, not a blog).

There is a blog, but I haven't updated it in a couple of years, It's www.silverscreenvideos.com/central or you can click on the Silver Screen Central link on the website and get taken there. One of these days, I'm going to catch up and start posting blog entries again.

Earl the Squirrel

#8 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:35 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:As you may know, I've been taking part in several blog tours to help publicize books by various authors. To be frank, none of them are household names … yet, although John Marrs is getting closer. But I just got accepted for a very high profile tour. This one is for Michael Connelly's new Harry Bosch book which is coming out next month. Bosch is teamed up with a newer Connelly character, LA Det. Renee Ballard, in this one, which is calledThe Night Fire.

My date is May 22.
Funny how perception differs on household names and high profiles. When you mentioned John Marrs, I knew who he was immediately. Michael Connelly.... uhh, isn't he a movie critic?

Although I do think I've heard of Harry Bosch. Didn't Titus Welliver play him in something?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:17 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:

My date is May 22.
Funny how perception differs on household names and high profiles. When you mentioned John Marrs, I knew who he was immediately. Michael Connelly.... uhh, isn't he a movie critic?

Although I do think I've heard of Harry Bosch. Didn't Titus Welliver play him in something?
On the series on Amazon Prime. I think a new season is dropping this month. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:27 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:

My date is May 22.

His books are good. I read a bunch awhile back.
Well, then