A Very Disturbing Ilhan Omar Quote

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: A Very Disturbing Ilhan Omar Quote

#26 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:28 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: The only one playing games here is you, polly. You keep right on hating your straw man. Your straw man exists only in your warped mind.
Well, my question was when you had criticized any right winger for being anti-semitic. That remains unanswered.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#27 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: The only one playing games here is you, polly. You keep right on hating your straw man. Your straw man exists only in your warped mind.
Well, my question was when you had criticized any right winger for being anti-semitic. That remains unanswered.
Well, you want to play childish games? Ok. Neener neener. Give me the name of one of your 'right wingers' who is anti semetic, and explain why you think so. I can't think of any off hand. I'm sure there's one or two on your bat answering machine. I'll gladly condemn any truly bigotted person, for whatever it's worth to you. You are a truly biggoted person and I've pointed out to you how much I abhor that.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Well, you want to play childish games? Ok. Neener neener. Give me the name of one of your 'right wingers' who is anti semetic, and explain why you think so. I can't think of any off hand. I'm sure there's one or two on your bat answering machine. I'll gladly condemn any truly bigotted person, for whatever it's worth to you. You are a truly biggoted person and I've pointed out to you how much I abhor that.
Oh, this hypothetical right-wing anti-Semite should also be in Congress, just to keep the playing field even.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#29 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:58 pm

Taping my watch while polly tells us how everyone in the world lies except leftists.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#30 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:05 pm

tlynn78 wrote: Oh, this hypothetical right-wing anti-Semite should also be in Congress, just to keep the playing field even.
Okay, here are six of them. I'm sure there were more but that last election reduced the field somewhat.

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/15/ilh ... -semitism/

flockofseagulls104

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:18 pm

tlynn78 wrote: Oh, this hypothetical right-wing anti-Semite should also be in Congress, just to keep the playing field even.
Okay, here are six of them. I'm sure there were more but that last election reduced the field somewhat.

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/15/ilh ... -semitism/
I condemn ANYBODY who believes or communicates hatred of the Jewish people and support for annihilating the State of Israel or those that do. This author's main point is that he seems to believe that criticizing the actions of George Soros is somehow Anti-Semitic. I assume that is your 'explanation' of why they are anti-semitic? I don't subscribe to that definition. Using that as your main point would render any other point rather questionable.

However, this would qualify:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ida-tlaib/

If one of these people you mentioned invited the iconic David Duke to attend their swearing-in ceremony and dinner afterward, I would say they support his views.

jarnon

#32 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:30 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:This author's main point is that he seems to believe that criticizing the actions of George Soros is somehow Anti-Semitic. I assume that is your 'explanation' of why they are anti-semitic? I don't subscribe to that definition. Using that as your main point would render any other point rather questionable.
Big difference between criticizing Soros (or even saying he finances migrant caravans and leftist protests) and calling him a Nazi collaborator. And one of those Congressmen invited a white supremacist to the State of the Union.
Last edited by jarnon on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#33 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:02 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I don't subscribe to that definition.
It must be so mentally tiring for you have to find so many different ways to convince yourself that the bigots you support aren't really bigots but simply misunderstood.

silverscreenselect

#34 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:42 am

For the record, here is the entire context of Omar's comments about "some people" that ignited the recent controversy (the highlighted section is the only part that gets any right wing air time). By the way, Trump is still going on about Omar and she is still getting death threats. I doubt we'll ever get the complete context for Spock's YouTube video:
Ilhan Omar wrote:Muslims for a really long time in this country have been told that there is a privilege, that there is a privilege that we are given, and it might be taken away. We are told that we should be appropriate, we should go to school, get an eduction, raise our children and not bother anyone, not make any kind of noise. Don’t make anyone uncomfortable — be a good Muslim. But no matter how much we have tried to be the best neighbor, people have always worked on finding a way to not allow for every single civil liberty to be extended to us.

So the truth is you can go to school and be a good student. You can listen to your dad and mom and become a doctor. You can have that beautiful wedding that makes mom and dad happy. You can buy that beautiful house. But none of that stuff matters if you one day show up to the hospital and your wife, or maybe yourself, is having a baby, and you can’t have the access that you need because someone doesn’t recognize you as fully human.

It doesn’t matter how good you were if you can’t have your prayer mat and take your 15-minute break to go pray in a country that was founded on religious liberty. It doesn’t matter how good you are if you one day find yourself in a school where other religions are talked about, but when Islam is mentioned, we are only talking about terrorists. And if you say something, you are sent to the principal’s office. So to me, I say, raise hell; make people uncomfortable.

Because here’s the truth — here’s the truth: Far too long, we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it. CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange, that I am going to try to make myself look pleasant. You have to say, “This person is looking at me strange. I am not comfortable with it. I am going to go talk to them and ask them why.” Because that is a right you have.

BackInTex

#35 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:29 am

silverscreenselect wrote:For the record, here is the entire context of Omar's comments about "some people" that ignited the recent controversy (the highlighted section is the only part that gets any right wing air time). By the way, Trump is still going on about Omar and she is still getting death threats. I doubt we'll ever get the complete context for Spock's YouTube video:
Ilhan Omar wrote:Muslims for a really long time in this country have been told that there is a privilege, that there is a privilege that we are given, and it might be taken away. We are told that we should be appropriate, we should go to school, get an eduction, raise our children and not bother anyone, not make any kind of noise. Don’t make anyone uncomfortable — be a good Muslim. But no matter how much we have tried to be the best neighbor, people have always worked on finding a way to not allow for every single civil liberty to be extended to us.

So the truth is you can go to school and be a good student. You can listen to your dad and mom and become a doctor. You can have that beautiful wedding that makes mom and dad happy. You can buy that beautiful house. But none of that stuff matters if you one day show up to the hospital and your wife, or maybe yourself, is having a baby, and you can’t have the access that you need because someone doesn’t recognize you as fully human.

It doesn’t matter how good you were if you can’t have your prayer mat and take your 15-minute break to go pray in a country that was founded on religious liberty. It doesn’t matter how good you are if you one day find yourself in a school where other religions are talked about, but when Islam is mentioned, we are only talking about terrorists. And if you say something, you are sent to the principal’s office. So to me, I say, raise hell; make people uncomfortable.

Because here’s the truth — here’s the truth: Far too long, we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it. CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange, that I am going to try to make myself look pleasant. You have to say, “This person is looking at me strange. I am not comfortable with it. I am going to go talk to them and ask them why.” Because that is a right you have.
And? How does this change anything. First, her comment about the founding of CAIR is completely wrong. Founded in 1994, not after 9/11[/1991]. So her reason given for the founding of CAIR, "because they recognized" is false, and the rest of the reason is hers, "some people did something". It is her trivializing the 9/11.

And because you are defending her rhetoric as "a nothing burger", I now view you as one who also trivializes 9/11.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#36 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 am

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:For the record, here is the entire context of Omar's comments about "some people" that ignited the recent controversy (the highlighted section is the only part that gets any right wing air time). By the way, Trump is still going on about Omar and she is still getting death threats. I doubt we'll ever get the complete context for Spock's YouTube video:

And? How does this change anything. First, her comment about the founding of CAIR is completely wrong. Founded in 1994, not after 9/11[/1991]. So her reason given for the founding of CAIR, "because they recognized" is false, and the rest of the reason is hers, "some people did something". It is her trivializing the 9/11.

And because you are defending her rhetoric as "a nothing burger", I now view you as one who also trivializes 9/11.
So you're ignoring the portion of her speech, about a minute earlier, where she expressly describes the 9/11 hijackers as "terrorists"?

Tell me, when talking about people who kill abortion providers, do you describe them as "Christian terrorists" every single time you refer to them? How about Tim McVeigh. Do you describe him as a "right-wing terrorist" every single time you refer to him?

Here's another excerpt from her speech: "'It doesn’t matter if that country is being run by my father, my brother, my sister,' Omar declared in the last section of her speech. 'I will criticize that country' if it is 'violating basic human rights.'”

This is her entire speech so you can see what she was saying in context. The speech begins at around the 2:17 mark.

Rep. Omar didn't trivialize a damn thing. You're just looking for an excuse to demonize her. And I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the two freshman Representatives who have received full-bore demonization treatment from the right-wing echo chamber just happen to be young women of color. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#37 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 am

were starting to lose access to our civil liberties
Oh, please.
The only one trying to take away her civil liberties is the white nationalist under polly's bed.

silverscreenselect

#38 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Oh, please.
The only one trying to take away her civil liberties is the white nationalist under polly's bed.
No, it's the tweeter-in-chief. Hopefully, he won't inspire any more wackos to take him more seriously and take away her civil liberties more permanently.

BackInTex

#39 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Bob78164 wrote: Tell me, when talking about people who kill abortion providers, do you describe them as "Christian terrorists" every single time you refer to them? How about Tim McVeigh. Do you describe him as a "right-wing terrorist" every single time you refer to him?
--Bob
If I were speaking to a group of fellow Christians about how we are profiled and judged because of such people, I'd be sure to call them what they were. Every. Single. Time.

I've never minimized the OKC bombing as "something". Never will.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

jarnon

#40 Post by jarnon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Another Gentile Democrat has put his foot in his mouth. Pete Buttigieg is an Indianan and a devout Christian, just like Mike Pence, though politically they're polar opposites. Buttigieg called some journalists Pharisees, using a Christian term for hypocrites that echoes Jesus's criticism of the Pharisees of his day. Problem is, the Pharisees are the forerunners of modern rabbinic Judaism, and their dispute with Jesus was the start of 2,000 years of Jewish-Christian rivalry. Not surprisingly, Jews don't like a name for our sages used as an insult. The Buttigieg campaign says he's been educated and won't use that word again. I hope he keeps his promise better than Omar has.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#41 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:14 pm

Oh, please.
No, it's the tweeter-in-chief. Hopefully, he won't inspire any more wackos to take him more seriously and take away her civil liberties more permanently.
Only the one under your bed. He takes every criticism trump makes as an order to shoot someone. Don't you think there are thousands of leftist whackos who would take a shot at trump if they had a chance based on the OVERWHELMING criticism and hate he receives on a daily basis from people like you?