Game #189: All-Star Cast

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mellytu74

Re: Game #189: All-Star Cast

#76 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:13 pm

mellytu74 wrote:This match may be the "accidental" one Frank was talking about. He said he was talking about something other than Sweet Bird of Youth.

A-1 JOHN WAYNE starred in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance with B-70 Vera MILES and B-19 Carleton YOUNG

BECAUSE A-28. MARGARET O’BRIEN's first movie was Journey for Margaret with B-19 Robert YOUNG and B-37. Laraine DAY (Bad Day at Black rock was used for Lewis Black, so two different uses)

I think Vera Miles is here for The Searchers with Jeffrey Hunter and Hunter doesn't go with Longest Day but with 1the Searchers and someone in the large Longest Day cast goes with Tommy Sands
OK ... here's how I think it works.

A-1 JOHN WAYNE starred in The Searchers with B-70 Vera MILES and B-64 Natalie WOOD

A-28. MARGARET O’BRIEN's first movie was Journey for Margaret with B-19 Robert YOUNG and B-37. Laraine DAY

A-1 JOHN WAYNE starred in The Longest Day with B-4 Tommy SANDS and B-9 Jeffrey HUNTER stays the same

mellytu74

#77 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:19 pm

B-49. “You hate me. You hate me, don't you? Answer me! You hate me don't you!”
“Yes, I hate you. Always have.”
“Well, I’ve always loved you.”

MONSTER'S BALL

A-6 is BRUCE CABOT starred in Fancy Pants with B-29. Bob HOPE and B-49. Lucille BALL

mellytu74

#78 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:31 pm

Of course, we have a match that could only come from the brain of John Waters. :D

A-27. JOHNNY DEPP in Cry-Baby with B-60. Tracy LORDS and B-50. Iggy POP

mellytu74

#79 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:40 pm

DUH!!!

A-29. CHER starred in Moonstruck with B-2. Nicolas CAGE and B-24. Vincent GARDENIA (second use)

franktangredi

#80 Post by franktangredi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:20 pm

mellytu74 wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:This match may be the "accidental" one Frank was talking about. He said he was talking about something other than Sweet Bird of Youth.

A-1 JOHN WAYNE starred in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance with B-70 Vera MILES and B-19 Carleton YOUNG

BECAUSE A-28. MARGARET O’BRIEN's first movie was Journey for Margaret with B-19 Robert YOUNG and B-37. Laraine DAY (Bad Day at Black rock was used for Lewis Black, so two different uses)

I think Vera Miles is here for The Searchers with Jeffrey Hunter and Hunter doesn't go with Longest Day but with 1the Searchers and someone in the large Longest Day cast goes with Tommy Sands

A-1 JOHN WAYNE starred in The Searchers with B-70 Vera MILES and B-64 Natalie WOOD

A-28. MARGARET O’BRIEN's first movie was Journey for Margaret with B-19 Robert YOUNG and B-37. Laraine DAY

A-1 JOHN WAYNE starred in The Longest Day with B-4 Tommy SANDS and B-9 Jeffrey HUNTER stays the same
I might as well just say that I didn't intend to use The Longest Day, since there were way too many actors in it.

mellytu74

#81 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:29 pm

A-18. Many people – including Hitchcock himself – thought this actor was far more appealing as a Hitchcock villain than he was three years later as a Hitchcock hero.

How about FARLEY GRANGER?

That gets us

A-18. FARLEY GRANGER starred in Strangers on a Train with B-45. Ruth ROMAN and B-16. Robert WALKER

mellytu74

#82 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:34 pm

franktangredi wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:

I might as well just say that I didn't intend to use The Longest Day, since there were way too many actors in it.
OK.

Then, we've got

A-1 JOHN WAYNE starred in The Searchers with B-70 Vera MILES and B-64 Natalie WOOD and B-9 Jeffrey HUNTER

AND

A-5. MAGGIE SMITH starred in A Room with a View with B-4 Julian SANDS and B-58. Rupert GRAVES

mellytu74

#83 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:46 pm

franktangredi wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:A-15. PETER LORRE starred in Casablanca with B-63. Joy PAGE and B-42 Claude RAINS

Does that screw up the number of times a movie is used?
Well, it's digging pretty deep into the cast list. Remember, if a movie is used more than once, it has to be used a different way each time. And you might ... just might ... be able to find another place for Claude Rains.

A-10 GALE SONDERGAARD starred in Anthony Adverse with B-13 Donald WOODS and B-28 Frederic MARCH …

… and B-42 Claude RAINS

mellytu74

#84 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:58 pm

A-22. JOHN LITHGOW starred in Footloose with B-33. Lori SINGER and B-71. Kevin BACON"

Don Ameche is driving me crazy - I would have bet money that POWER was there for a match with Ameche and Tyrone Power but … :/

jarnon

#85 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Now’s my chance to consolidate before mrkelley23 and mellytu74 finish this…

Tangredi: Actor from List A starred in a movie with actors whose last names appear in the titles in List B

A-12 HOWARD KEEL starred in Show Boat with B-12 Joe E BROWN and B-65 Marge and Gower CHAMPION

A-3 BRAD PITT starred in Money Ball with B-77 Jonah HILL, B-32 Stanley BISHOP, and B-11 Reed DIAMOND

A-11 CARY ELWES starred in The Princess Bride with B-41 Billy CRYSTAL, B-52 Fred SAVAGE, B-20 Christopher GUEST and B-67 Peter COOK

A-23 STEVE MARTIN starred in Three Amigos with B-7 Martin SHORT and B-47 Chevy CHASE

A-4 ZERO MOSTEL starred in The Producers with B-72 Gene WILDER and B-35 Kenneth MARS

A-17 WALTER MATTHAU starred in A New Leaf with B-59 Elaine MAY and B-73 George ROSE

A-33 PAUL NEWMAN starred in Sweet Bird of Youth with B-63 Geraldine PAGE, B-21 Shirley KNIGHT and B-38 Rip TORN

A-10 GALE SONDERGAARD starred in Anthony Adverse with B-13 Donald WOODS, B-28 Frederic MARCH and B-42 Claude RAINS

A-8 LIZA MINNELLI starred in Cabaret with B-48 Michael YORK and B-56 Joel GREY

A-25 TOM HANKS starred in Big with B-76 David MOSCOW and B-18 John HEARD

A-27 JOHNNY DEPP starred in Edward Scissorhands with B-61 Vincent PRICE and B-17 Anthony Michael HALL

A-9 KEVIN KLINE starred in The Big Chill with B-3 William HURT, B-69 Glenn CLOSE and B-46 Mary Kay PLACE

A-16 CARL REINER starred in The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming! with B-48 Eva Marie SAINT, B-78 John Phillip LAW and B-24 Ben BLUE

A-7. AMY POEHLER starred in Inside Out with B-37. Lewis BLACK and B-51. Diane LANE

A-21 JOEL MCCREA starred in Sullivan's Travels with B-31. Veronica LAKE and B-17. Porter HALL

A-26 MARGARET HAMILTON starred in My Little Chickadee with B-8 Mae WEST and B-55 W. C. FIELDS

A-31 RENEE ZELLWEGER starred in Jerry Maguire with B-57 Tom CRUISE and B-75 Bonnie HUNT

A-13 JIM CARREY starred in Dumb and Dumber with B-26 Charles ROCKET and B-66 Lauren HOLLY

A-24 JULIE HARRIS starred in Member of the Wedding with B-36 Ethel WATERS and B-6 Nancy GATES

A-30 ZACHARY QUINTO starred in Stark Trek with B-23 Karl URBAN and B-68 Ben CROSS

A-28 MARGARET O’BRIEN starred in Journey for Margaret with B-19 Robert YOUNG and B-37 Laraine DAY

A-1 JOHN WAYNE starred in The Searchers with B-70 Vera MILES, B-64 Natalie WOOD and B-9 Jeffrey HUNTER

A-6 BRUCE CABOT starred in Fancy Pants with B-29 Bob HOPE and B-49 Lucille BALL

A-27. JOHNNY DEPP starred in Cry-Baby with B-60 Tracy LORDS and B-50 Iggy POP

A-29 CHER starred in Moonstruck with B-2 Nicolas CAGE and B-24 Vincent GARDENIA

A-18 FARLEY GRANGER starred in Strangers on a Train with B-45 Ruth ROMAN and B-16 Robert WALKER

A-5. MAGGIE SMITH starred in A Room with a View with B-4 Julian SANDS and B-58 Rupert GRAVES

A-22 JOHN LITHGOW starred in Footloose with B-33 Lori SINGER and B-71 Kevin BACON

LIST A: ACTORS

*A-1. JOHN WAYNE
A-2. BETTE MIDLER
*A-3. BRAD PITT
*A-4. ZERO MOSTEL
*A-5. MAGGIE SMITH
*A-6. BRUCE CABOT
*A-7. AMY POEHLER
*A-8. LIZA MINNELLI
*A-9. KEVIN KLINE
*A-10. GALE SONDERGAARD
*A-11. CARY ELWES
*A-12. HOWARD KEEL
*A-13. JIM CARREY

A-14. This legendary performer played himself in movies starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, and James Stewart.
LOUIS ARMSTRONG?

A-15. PETER LORRE
*A-16. CARL REINER
*A-17. WALTER MATTHAU
*A-18. FARLEY GRANGER
A-19. DON AMECHE

A-20. Her real-life film roles included the sister of a great 20th century novelist and the wife of a great 20th century poet and playwright.

*A-21. JOEL MCCREA
*A-22. JOHN LITHGOW
*A-23. STEVE MARTIN
*A-24. JULIE HARRIS
*A-25. TOM HANKS
*A-26. MARGARET HAMILTON
**A-27. JOHNNY DEPP
*A-28. MARGARET O’BRIEN
*A-29. CHER
*A-30. ZACHARY QUINTO
*A-31. RENEE ZELLWEGER

A-32. In 2007, he became the first person born in the 1980s to be nominated for a Best Actor Oscar.
RYAN GOSLING

*A-33. PAUL NEWMAN

LIST B: MOVIES

B-1. THE WIZARD OF OZ
*B-2. LA CAGE AUX FOLLES
*B-3. THE HURT LOCKER
*B-4. THE SANDS OF IWO JIMA

B-5. “I'm so Chinese I'm an econ professor with lactose intolerance.”
CRAZY RICH ASIANS

*B-6. GATES OF HEAVEN
*B-7. THE BIG SHORT
*B-8. ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
*B-9. NIGHT OF THE HUNTER
B-10. THREE SMART GIRLS
*B-11. BLOOD DIAMOND
*B-12. BROWN BUNNY
*B-13. CABIN IN THE WOODS
B-14. THE BUTLER
B-15. THE POWER OF ONE
*B-16. THE NIGHT WALKER
**B-17. HALL PASS
*B-18. I’VE HEARD THE MERMAIDS SINGING
*B-19. YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
*B-20. A GUEST IN THE HOUSE
*B-21. THE DARK KNIGHT
B-22. THE FOX AND THE HOUND
*B-23. URBAN LEGEND
**B-24. THE BLUE GARDENIA
B-25. ROMANCING THE STONE
*B-26. BOTTLE ROCKET
B-27. BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY
*B-28. THE WEDDING MARCH
*B-29. HOPE AND GLORY
B-30. SHALL WE DANCE
*B-31. LAKE PLACID
*B-32. THE BISHOP MISBEHAVES
*B-33. THE WEDDING SINGER
B-34. A CONNECTICUT YANKEE IN KING ARTHUR'S COURT
*B-35. MARS ATTACKS
*B-36. DARK WATERS
**B-37. BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK
*B-38. TORN CURTAIN

B-39. “Running was always a big thing in our family, specially running away from the police. It's hard to understand. All I know is that you've got to run, running without knowing why, through fields and woods. And the winning post's no end, even though the barmy crowds might be cheering themselves daft.”

B-40. THE SHOP ON MAIN STREET
*B-41. THE DARK CRYSTAL
*B-42. THE RAINS CAME
B-43. COYOTE UGLY

B-44. Like another film released the same year, this movie deals with lovers whose happiness is threatened by a family feud – but set in Appalachia rather than Verona.

*B-45. ROMAN HOLIDAY
*B-46. A QUIET PLACE
*B-47. THE PAPER CHASE
**B-48. THE SAINT IN NEW YORK
*B-49. MONSTER'S BALL
*B-50. MONTERREY POP
*B-51. 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE
*B-52. SAVAGE SAM
B-53. TAXI DRIVER

B-54. Despite its title, this 1935 comedy starred, not Jack Benny, but one of his closest friends.
LOVE IN BLOOM

*B-55. AT PLAY IN THE FIELDS OF THE LORD
*B-56. GREY GARDENS
*B-57. SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL
*B-58. FIVE GRAVES TO CAIRO
*B-59. SEVEN DAYS IN MAY
*B-60. THE LORDS OF FLATBUSH
*B-61. WHAT PRICE GLORY

B-62. This comedy about a hayseed who becomes a Hollywood star marked the screen debut of a veteran vaudevillian who was best known for his stage role as one of the main characters in the movie referenced in Clue B-1. Got that?

*B-63. THE FRONT PAGE
*B-64. KNOCK ON WOOD
*B-65. CHAMPION
*B-66. THE HOLLY AND THE IVY
*B-67. THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE AND HER LOVER
*B-68. THE SIGN OF THE CROSS
*B-69. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND
*B-70. 3000 MILES TO GRACELAND
*B-71. CANADIAN BACON
*B-72. THESE WILDER YEARS
*B-73. PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO
B-74. SMALL FRY
*B-75. THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER
*B-76.MISSION TO MOSCOW
*B-77. NOTTING HILL
*B-78. DOWN BY LAW
B-79. FIELD OF DREAMS
B-80. THE GOLD RUSH
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

mellytu74

#86 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:15 am

A-27. JOHNNY DEPP was in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies with B-54. Orlando BLOOM and B-80. Geoffrey RUSH.

I don't know which one though

mellytu74

#87 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:27 am

OK. This is weird. I was looking up Fred Stone, who played Hepburn's father in Alice Adams. HE was famous for playing the Scarecrow in the stage versions of the Oz books in the early 1900s. I thought he might fit this clue.

B-62. This comedy about a hayseed who becomes a Hollywood star marked the screen debut of a veteran vaudevillian who was best known for his stage role as one of the main characters in the movie referenced in Clue B-1. Got that?

BUT it didn't work.

HOWEVER, I found a movie I'd never heard of called TRAIL OF THE LONESOME PINE. With Fred Stone, Fred MacMurray, Sylvia Sidney, Henry Fonda, Spanky McFarland, Nigel Bruce and Beulah Bondi playing the mother of somebody besides Jimmy Stewart.

Came out in 1936. Same year as the MGM Romeo and Juliet. It's about feuding Appalachian families. SO ….

B-44. Like another film released the same year, this movie deals with lovers whose happiness is threatened by a family feud – but set in Appalachia rather than Verona.

TRAIL OF THE LONESOME PINE

It would give us Chris Pine for the Zachary Quinto match

mellytu74

#88 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:35 am

I thought I added this one earlier but realized I didn't

A-14. LOUIS ARMSTRONG in New Orleans with B-5. Irene RICH and B-55. Marjorie LORD

mellytu74

#89 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:37 am

B-39. “Running was always a big thing in our family, specially running away from the police. It's hard to understand. All I know is that you've got to run, running without knowing why, through fields and woods. And the winning post's no end, even though the barmy crowds might be cheering themselves daft.”

THE LONLINESS OF THE LONG DISTANCE RUNNER

We could have Richard Long and Marjorie Main for a Ma and Pa Kettle movie …

mrkelley23

#90 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 am

A-20 MIRANDA RICHARDSON played Virginia Woolf's sister in The Hours and T. S. Eliot's first wife in Tom and Viv.

She starred in the 2004 version of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA with B-53 Minnie DRIVER and B-14 Gerard BUTLER
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

mrkelley23

#91 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:46 am

mellytu74 wrote:OK. This is weird. I was looking up Fred Stone, who played Hepburn's father in Alice Adams. HE was famous for playing the Scarecrow in the stage versions of the Oz books in the early 1900s. I thought he might fit this clue.

BUT it didn't work.

HOWEVER, I found a movie I'd never heard of called TRAIL OF THE LONESOME PINE. With Fred Stone, Fred MacMurray, Sylvia Sidney, Henry Fonda, Spanky McFarland, Nigel Bruce and Beulah Bondi playing the mother of somebody besides Jimmy Stewart.

Came out in 1936. Same year as the MGM Romeo and Juliet. It's about feuding Appalachian families. SO ….

You mean you couldn't find an actor named Goat, either? :)
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

mrkelley23

#92 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:57 am

Here's another possible, although John Legend may be too far down the cast list:

A-32 Ryan Gosling starred in LA LA LAND with B-25 Emma STONE and B-23 John LEGEND

mellytu74

#93 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:17 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:OK. This is weird. I was looking up Fred Stone, who played Hepburn's father in Alice Adams. HE was famous for playing the Scarecrow in the stage versions of the Oz books in the early 1900s. I thought he might fit this clue.

BUT it didn't work.

You mean you couldn't find an actor named Goat, either? :)
Great minds think alike, Mr K. :D

mellytu74

#94 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:17 am

mrkelley23 wrote:Here's another possible, although John Legend may be too far down the cast list:

A-32 Ryan Gosling starred in LA LA LAND with B-25 Emma STONE and B-23 John LEGEND
I think Legend's role is substantial enough to make the cut.

jarnon

#95 Post by jarnon » Wed May 01, 2019 12:00 pm

Almost there…

Tangredi: Actor from List A starred in a movie with actors whose last names appear in the titles in List B

A-12 HOWARD KEEL starred in Show Boat with B-12 Joe E BROWN and B-65 Marge and Gower CHAMPION

A-3 BRAD PITT starred in Money Ball with B-77 Jonah HILL, B-32 Stanley BISHOP, and B-11 Reed DIAMOND

A-11 CARY ELWES starred in The Princess Bride with B-41 Billy CRYSTAL, B-52 Fred SAVAGE, B-20 Christopher GUEST and B-67 Peter COOK

A-23 STEVE MARTIN starred in Three Amigos with B-7 Martin SHORT and B-47 Chevy CHASE

A-4 ZERO MOSTEL starred in The Producers with B-72 Gene WILDER and B-35 Kenneth MARS

A-17 WALTER MATTHAU starred in A New Leaf with B-59 Elaine MAY and B-73 George ROSE

A-33 PAUL NEWMAN starred in Sweet Bird of Youth with B-63 Geraldine PAGE, B-21 Shirley KNIGHT and B-38 Rip TORN

A-10 GALE SONDERGAARD starred in Anthony Adverse with B-13 Donald WOODS, B-28 Frederic MARCH and B-42 Claude RAINS

A-27 JOHNNY DEPP starred in Edward Scissorhands with B-61 Vincent PRICE and B-17 Anthony Michael HALL

A-9 KEVIN KLINE starred in The Big Chill with B-3 William HURT, B-69 Glenn CLOSE and B-46 Mary Kay PLACE

A-16 CARL REINER starred in The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming! with B-48 Eva Marie SAINT, B-78 John Phillip LAW and B-24 Ben BLUE

A-7. AMY POEHLER starred in Inside Out with B-37. Lewis BLACK and B-51. Diane LANE

A-21 JOEL MCCREA starred in Sullivan's Travels with B-31. Veronica LAKE and B-17. Porter HALL

A-26 MARGARET HAMILTON starred in My Little Chickadee with B-8 Mae WEST and B-55 W. C. FIELDS

A-31 RENEE ZELLWEGER starred in Jerry Maguire with B-57 Tom CRUISE and B-75 Bonnie HUNT

A-13 JIM CARREY starred in Dumb and Dumber with B-26 Charles ROCKET and B-66 Lauren HOLLY

A-24 JULIE HARRIS starred in Member of the Wedding with B-36 Ethel WATERS and B-6 Nancy GATES

A-30 ZACHARY QUINTO starred in Stark Trek with B-23 Karl URBAN, B-68 Ben CROSS and B-44 Chris PINE

A-28 MARGARET O’BRIEN starred in Journey for Margaret with B-19 Robert YOUNG and B-37 Laraine DAY

A-1 JOHN WAYNE starred in The Searchers with B-70 Vera MILES, B-64 Natalie WOOD and B-9 Jeffrey HUNTER

A-18 FARLEY GRANGER starred in Strangers on a Train with B-45 Ruth ROMAN and B-16 Robert WALKER

A-5. MAGGIE SMITH starred in A Room with a View with B-4 Julian SANDS and B-58 Rupert GRAVES

A-22 JOHN LITHGOW starred in Footloose with B-33 Lori SINGER and B-71 Kevin BACON

A-27 JOHNNY DEPP starred in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl with B-54 Orlando BLOOM and B-80 Geoffrey RUSH

A-14 LOUIS ARMSTRONG starred in New Orleans with B-5 Irene RICH and B-55 Marjorie LORD

A-20 MIRANDA RICHARDSON starred in The Phantom of the Opera with B-53 Minnie DRIVER and B-14 Gerard BUTLER

A-32 RYAN GOSLING starred in La La Land with B-25 Emma STONE and B-23 John LEGEND

*A-1. JOHN WAYNE
A-2. BETTE MIDLER
*A-3. BRAD PITT
*A-4. ZERO MOSTEL
*A-5. MAGGIE SMITH
*A-6. BRUCE CABOT
*A-7. AMY POEHLER
*A-8. LIZA MINNELLI
*A-9. KEVIN KLINE
*A-10. GALE SONDERGAARD
*A-11. CARY ELWES
*A-12. HOWARD KEEL
*A-13. JIM CARREY
*A-14. LOUIS ARMSTRONG
A-15. PETER LORRE
*A-16. CARL REINER
*A-17. WALTER MATTHAU
*A-18. FARLEY GRANGER
A-19. DON AMECHE
*A-20. MIRANDA RICHARDSON
*A-21. JOEL MCCREA
*A-22. JOHN LITHGOW
*A-23. STEVE MARTIN
*A-24. JULIE HARRIS
*A-25. TOM HANKS
*A-26. MARGARET HAMILTON
***A-27. JOHNNY DEPP
*A-28. MARGARET O’BRIEN
*A-29. CHER
*A-30. ZACHARY QUINTO
*A-31. RENEE ZELLWEGER
*A-32. RYAN GOSLING
*A-33. PAUL NEWMAN

B-1. THE WIZARD OF OZ
*B-2. LA CAGE AUX FOLLES
*B-3. THE HURT LOCKER
*B-5. CRAZY RICH ASIANS
*B-6. GATES OF HEAVEN
*B-7. THE BIG SHORT
B-10. THREE SMART GIRLS
*B-11. BLOOD DIAMOND
*B-12. BROWN BUNNY
*B-14. THE BUTLER
B-15. THE POWER OF ONE
*B-16. THE NIGHT WALKER
**B-17. HALL PASS
*B-21. THE DARK KNIGHT
**B-23. URBAN LEGEND
*B-25. ROMANCING THE STONE
*B-26. BOTTLE ROCKET
*B-28. THE WEDDING MARCH
*B-29. HOPE AND GLORY
B-30. SHALL WE DANCE
*B-31. LAKE PLACID
B-34. A CONNECTICUT YANKEE IN KING ARTHUR'S COURT
*B-35. MARS ATTACKS
*B-36. DARK WATERS
*B-38. TORN CURTAIN

THE LONLINESS OF THE LONG DISTANCE RUNNER

*B-41. THE DARK CRYSTAL
*B-42. THE RAINS CAME
B-43. COYOTE UGLY
*B-44. TRAIL OF THE LONESOME PINE
*B-45. ROMAN HOLIDAY
*B-46. A QUIET PLACE
*B-47. THE PAPER CHASE
*B-49. MONSTER'S BALL
*B-50. MONTERREY POP
*B-52. SAVAGE SAM
*B-53. TAXI DRIVER
*B-54. LOVE IN BLOOM
**B-55. AT PLAY IN THE FIELDS OF THE LORD
*B-56. GREY GARDENS
*B-59. SEVEN DAYS IN MAY
*B-61. WHAT PRICE GLORY

*B-63. THE FRONT PAGE
*B-64. KNOCK ON WOOD
*B-65. CHAMPION
*B-71. CANADIAN BACON
B-74. SMALL FRY
*B-75. THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER
*B-76.MISSION TO MOSCOW
*B-77. NOTTING HILL
*B-78. DOWN BY LAW
B-79. FIELD OF DREAMS
*B-80. THE GOLD RUSH
Last edited by jarnon on Wed May 01, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

mellytu74

#96 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:00 pm

A-2. BETTE MIDLER starred in Outrageous Fortune with B-39. Shelly LONG and B-43. Peter COYOTE

Possible match ideas (lacking a second and/or third match)

*A-25. TOM HANKS with B-79. FIELD OF DREAMS = Sally Field on Forrest Gump

A-15. PETER LORRE with B-34. A CONNECTICUT YANKEE IN KING ARTHUR'S COURT = Andrea King in Hotel Berlin and a couple others

A-19. DON AMECHE with B-15. THE POWER OF ONE = Tyrone in In Old Chicago, Alexander's Ragtime Band

mellytu74

#97 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:20 pm

A-5. MAGGIE SMITH starred in Gosford Park with B-30. Charles DANCE and B-74. Stephen FRY

mellytu74

#98 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:48 pm

We need to add B-45. Billie HOLIDAY to

A-14 LOUIS ARMSTRONG starred in New Orleans with B-5 Irene RICH and B-55 Marjorie LORD

Second use of B-45 Roman Holiday

mellytu74

#99 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:09 pm

We've got a problem ….

A-21 JOEL MCCREA starred in Sullivan's Travels with Veronica LAKE and B-17. Porter HALL

We can't have both of these because "Hall" from B-17 HALL PASS is used the same way.

Now, because we have other Johnny Depp matches, we could get rid of Edward Scissorhands, put Hall with Sullivan's Travels and come up with …

A-15. PETER LORRE starred in The Raven with B-61 Vincent PRICE and B-34. Hazel COURT

And I can stop looking at Peter Lorre/Andrea King movies for an additional match.

OR OR OR

We can throw Veronica Lake back in the pile and go with

A-21 JOEL MCCREA starred in Dead End with B-17. Huntz HALL and B-40. Marjorie MAIN

somebody please stop me
Last edited by mellytu74 on Wed May 01, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jarnon

#100 Post by jarnon » Wed May 01, 2019 3:22 pm

Fixed the problem in the consolidation…

A-21 JOEL MCCREA starred in Sullivan's Travels with B-31 Veronica LAKE and B-17 Porter HALL

A-30 ZACHARY QUINTO starred in Stark Trek with B-23 Karl URBAN, B-68 Ben CROSS and B-44 Chris PINE

A-27 JOHNNY DEPP starred in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl with B-54 Orlando BLOOM and B-80 Geoffrey RUSH

A-14 LOUIS ARMSTRONG starred in New Orleans with B-5 Irene RICH, B-55 Marjorie LORD and B-45 Billie HOLIDAY

A-20 MIRANDA RICHARDSON starred in The Phantom of the Opera with B-53 Minnie DRIVER and B-14 Gerard BUTLER

A-32 RYAN GOSLING starred in La La Land with B-25 Emma STONE and B-23 John LEGEND

A-2 BETTE MIDLER starred in Outrageous Fortune with B-39 Shelly LONG and B-43 Peter COYOTE

A-5 MAGGIE SMITH starred in Gosford Park with B-30 Charles DANCE and B-74 Stephen FRY

A-15 PETER LORRE starred in The Raven with B-61 Vincent PRICE and B-34 Hazel COURT

*A-1. JOHN WAYNE
*A-2. BETTE MIDLER
*A-3. BRAD PITT
*A-4. ZERO MOSTEL
**A-5. MAGGIE SMITH
*A-6. BRUCE CABOT
*A-7. AMY POEHLER
*A-8. LIZA MINNELLI
*A-9. KEVIN KLINE
*A-10. GALE SONDERGAARD
*A-11. CARY ELWES
*A-12. HOWARD KEEL
*A-13. JIM CARREY
*A-14. LOUIS ARMSTRONG
*A-15. PETER LORRE
*A-16. CARL REINER
*A-17. WALTER MATTHAU
*A-18. FARLEY GRANGER
A-19. DON AMECHE
*A-20. MIRANDA RICHARDSON
*A-21. JOEL MCCREA
*A-22. JOHN LITHGOW
*A-23. STEVE MARTIN
*A-24. JULIE HARRIS
*A-25. TOM HANKS
*A-26. MARGARET HAMILTON
**A-27. JOHNNY DEPP
*A-28. MARGARET O’BRIEN
*A-29. CHER
*A-30. ZACHARY QUINTO
*A-31. RENEE ZELLWEGER
*A-32. RYAN GOSLING
*A-33. PAUL NEWMAN

B-1. THE WIZARD OF OZ
*B-2. LA CAGE AUX FOLLES
*B-3. THE HURT LOCKER
*B-5. CRAZY RICH ASIANS
*B-6. GATES OF HEAVEN
*B-7. THE BIG SHORT
B-10. THREE SMART GIRLS
*B-11. BLOOD DIAMOND
*B-12. BROWN BUNNY
*B-14. THE BUTLER
B-15. THE POWER OF ONE
*B-16. THE NIGHT WALKER
*B-17. HALL PASS
*B-21. THE DARK KNIGHT
**B-23. URBAN LEGEND
*B-25. ROMANCING THE STONE
*B-26. BOTTLE ROCKET
*B-28. THE WEDDING MARCH
*B-29. HOPE AND GLORY
*B-30. SHALL WE DANCE
*B-31. LAKE PLACID
*B-34. A CONNECTICUT YANKEE IN KING ARTHUR'S COURT
*B-35. MARS ATTACKS
*B-36. DARK WATERS
*B-38. TORN CURTAIN
*B-39. THE LONELINESS OF THE LONG DISTANCE RUNNER
*B-41. THE DARK CRYSTAL
*B-42. THE RAINS CAME
*B-43. COYOTE UGLY
*B-44. TRAIL OF THE LONESOME PINE
**B-45. ROMAN HOLIDAY
*B-46. A QUIET PLACE
*B-47. THE PAPER CHASE
*B-49. MONSTER'S BALL
*B-50. MONTERREY POP
*B-52. SAVAGE SAM
*B-53. TAXI DRIVER
*B-54. LOVE IN BLOOM
**B-55. AT PLAY IN THE FIELDS OF THE LORD
*B-56. GREY GARDENS
*B-59. SEVEN DAYS IN MAY
*B-61. WHAT PRICE GLORY

*B-63. THE FRONT PAGE
*B-64. KNOCK ON WOOD
*B-65. CHAMPION
*B-71. CANADIAN BACON
*B-74. SMALL FRY