Kyler Murray

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Kyler Murray

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Whoo hoo!
Well, then

BackInTex

Re: Kyler Murray

#2 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:57 pm

I still think he's too small to play QB. But hopefully he'll prove me wrong. He's a good kid.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Whoop, whoop, whoop!

He may be small, but he's got one really important thing going for him. He does not want to lose. He really, really, really will find super powers and the strength of four Roman legions if that's what it takes to win.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:21 pm

silvercamaro wrote:Whoop, whoop, whoop!

He may be small, but he's got one really important thing going for him. He does not want to lose. He really, really, really will find super powers and the strength of four Roman legions if that's what it takes to win.
Well, he's also smart and dedicated. He will show up early, leave late, and study plays and opponents the rest of the time, unlike the Johnny guy that he followed at A&M.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:42 pm

In the meantime, the Giants, instead of picking one of several available solid pass rushers, decide they want the next Eli Manning to be the quarterback who looks the most like Eli Manning.

I guess they're hoping for some more high draft choices next year to shore up the defense.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#6 Post by Vandal » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:50 am

silverscreenselect wrote:In the meantime, the Giants, instead of picking one of several available solid pass rushers, decide they want the next Eli Manning to be the quarterback who looks the most like Eli Manning.

I guess they're hoping for some more high draft choices next year to shore up the defense.

If they were smart, Jones would be the new starting QB and 38-yr-old Eli would be kicked to the curb.

But they aren't smart and he's a Manning.

Smells like 4-12 (but it won't be Eli's fault).
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SpacemanSpiff

Sometimes it's who you know

#7 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:21 am

Meanwhile, the Redskins picked Dwayne Haskins (QB - Ohio State) with their first round pick.

Granted, he's a good player, but I am surprised he was picked as high as he was (others, who are more attuned to the game than I, are surprised he was still around, so what do I know?).

In a move that surprises no one, the meddling owner Daniel Snyder overruled the people he's hired to run the team. Besides never meeting a draftable QB he didn't like, let's throw this into the mix:
Washington Post:

It would be a mild surprise if Haskins remained on the board for the Redskins at No. 15. And if he’s there, it would be an even bigger surprise if the franchise passed on a prototypical NFL passer who went to high school with owner Daniel Snyder’s son.
Sometimes it's who you know.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

Vandal
Director of Promos

#8 Post by Vandal » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:17 am

Murray is the first athlete to be selected in the first round of the MLB and NFL draft.

NBA draft is coming soon, so there's hope for a trifecta.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:30 am

silvercamaro wrote:Whoop, whoop, whoop!

Is he related to our own Wintergreen? :D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:41 am

Vandal wrote: If they were smart, Jones would be the new starting QB and 38-yr-old Eli would be kicked to the curb.
When they drafted Manning in 2004, they already had Kurt Warner at quarterback. The thinking then was that they would bring Eli around slowly. Eli played a little mopup early in the year, and then, 10 games into the season he became starter, and the Giants were actually over .500 at the time Warner was benched. Manning only won one of the seven games he started that year (the season ender against Dallas), but by the next season Warner was gone and Manning was locked into place. In 2005, the Giants with Manning finished 11-5 and won their division.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#11 Post by Vandal » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:37 am

The Giants GM sounds pretty sure:

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man