Local Trifecta for Daughter1111

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Local Trifecta for Daughter1111

#1 Post by christie1111 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:29 am

As of last night, she has won 3 awards for sportsmanship from our local community center for soccer.

As a player, a referee and now a coach.

And Grandson1111 had a really fun time at our Take your Kid to Work Day yesterday. I posted a few pictures on Evil FB. There were 6 stations that involved science in some way. pHun with chemistry (acid base interaction and pH testing), egg drop (put on by the packaging team) where they had to 'buy' materials to protect an egg when it was dropped from a ladder, slime they could use in the shower, a trip to our hair salon where colored hair gel or spray was applied as well as colorful extensions for the girls, paper coffee filter chromatography that was then made into flowers, and lastly making ice cream in a plastic bag by lowering the temp of ice with salt.

When I asked him afterwards if he had fun and he said 'yeah'. But when his Mom came home and he was telling her all about the event he really sounded excited. :-)
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Ritterskoop

Re: Local Trifecta for Daughter1111

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:30 pm

I love all that messy science!
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Local Trifecta for Daughter1111

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:59 pm

:D
Well, then