Since Bob#'s Will Soon Be Informing Us About Every Poll

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Since Bob#'s Will Soon Be Informing Us About Every Poll

#1 Post by Spock » Tue May 21, 2019 7:48 am

Since Bob#'s will soon be breathlessly informing us about every presidential poll, keep in mind the massive failure of polling in the recent Australian election.

https://www.city-journal.org/lnp-morrison-victory

>>>"The Liberal/National Party’s election victory in Australia on May 18 was the latest electoral result to shock the punditry."<<<

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Since Bob#'s Will Soon Be Informing Us About Every Poll

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:34 am

In Nate I trust. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Tue May 21, 2019 9:47 am

A poll you can trust:

Twitter asked its users to name (geotag) the most hated NFL team in each of the 50 states. The Patriots, unsurprisingly, are the most hated team. They are enemy No. 1 in 13 states, by far the most of any franchise.

Here's a map of the entire nation, followed by a list of the states that hate the Patriots the most.

1. Alaska
2. Hawaii
3. Utah
4. Colorado
5. Wyoming
6. Nebraska
7. Iowa
8. Missouri
9. Kansas
10. Indiana
11. Kentucky
12. Florida
13. New York
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Tue May 21, 2019 10:05 am

In non-Pats-hating states, big NFC rivalries dominate (Rams-Seahawks-Niners, Packers-Bears, Saints-Falcons, Eagles-sucky-Cowboys). So other teams like the Vikings, Giants, Panthers, Jaguars, Broncos and Chiefs are beloved everywhere.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:56 pm

We hate the Pats, all right, but I think we hate the Raiders more. Or maybe it really is the Pats in Denver/I-25 Corridor, which is probably the only area they felt the need to survey. And they're probably right.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 21, 2019 4:09 pm

I've always found it to be the Dallas Cowboys, no matter where you are. It's like Notre Dame, the New York Yankees, and Duke basketball. Everywhere you go, no matter how good the team is in a particular year, lots of people love them and equal numbers hate them. The Pats are getting there, but they'll have to stay on top after Brady and Bellicek leave in order to really become the all-time #1 heel. With the Cowboys, people morphed from hating Tom Landry to hating Jerry Jones very easily.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:41 pm

New Mexico is mostly Dallas fans, and quite a few people in the southern third of Colorado caught that particular malady before the Broncos came into existence, then passed it on to their kids and grandkids. So I think it does matter where you are.

I was relieved to see a Stillers logo on top of Ohio instead of Broncos. The first thing any of SteelersFan's Ohio nephews asked me, knowing I'm from Colorado, was, "Aunt Sprots, are you a Broncos fan?" This was a few years after Drive, and I answered with a calm, "Yes, I am," instead of the five minutes of trash talk somebody like BDM woulda got.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Spock wrote:Since Bob#'s will soon be breathlessly informing us about every presidential poll, keep in mind the massive failure of polling in the recent Australian election.

https://www.city-journal.org/lnp-morrison-victory

>>>"The Liberal/National Party’s election victory in Australia on May 18 was the latest electoral result to shock the punditry."<<<
Here's what Nate had to say about the Australian election. In baseball terms, Labor was leading by 1 run heading into the ninth inning. No one should be shocked, or even surprised, by a Conservative victory. The reporting that characterized this result as a shock revealed the reporters' innumeracy. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson