Bridge report

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Bridge report

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:12 pm

My district held its annual competition this weekend to determine our representatives to the national Grand National Teams competition at Las Vegas in July. I won the district competition in Flight B a few years back, but we didn't advance very far at the national level, losing in an early knockout round to the eventual national runners-up.

It's been a few years since I was eligible in Flight B, but I've been playing Flight A and/or the Championship Flight (which is higher than Flight A) the last few years. This year I played Flight A, and we ended up winning the competition convincingly. Our opponents in the finals withdrew after the third quarter because they were so far behind they had no hope of catching up.

So for the first time I've earned the right to represent my District in Flight A of the Grand National Teams competition. I'm looking forward to it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson