Six hours of video

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Six hours of video

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:53 pm

The Vice Chancellor of Austria has been caught on six hours of video promising overpriced public contracts to the niece of a Russian oligarch in exchange for her help getting elected. Just one problem. She wasn't actually the niece of a Russian oligarch. She was a decoy. And the room in which the meeting occurred was heavily seeded with hidden cameras and microphones that captured the entire meeting. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

Re: Six hours of video

#2 Post by jarnon » Fri May 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Austria elected an actual Nazi as president in 1986. For 50 years, they called themselves "the first victims of the Third Reich" and (unlike West Germany) refused to acknowledge their war crimes or pay reparations. So it's hard for Austria to sully its reputation any further.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Fri May 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Let's all be thankful this is not a Robert Kraft thread.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri May 17, 2019 6:12 pm

Vandal wrote:Let's all be thankful this is not a Robert Kraft thread.
Indeed. I keep seeing stories about court hearings about that, and thinking, No, I do not want to see any video.

I was horrified today when a horse died ON THE TRACK at Pimlico, and AP was there prepping for the bigger race at the end of the day, and they sent PHOTOS. Of a horse dying. They weren't gross but just sad. I nearly threw up.

We just don't need to see everything.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:20 am

He's out. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson