The Big Bang Series Finale

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

The Big Bang Series Finale

#1 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 17, 2019 6:40 am

Who watched it? We did, even though we haven't really watch the current seasons for several years. We do like to watch older reruns.

We did not know about Howard's and Bernadette's kids. I knew everyone was married, but hadn't watch any of the shows with them married.

I will say I'm impressed with the way they wrapped up the series. I'm not going to lie, Sheldon's speech made my eyes water a little.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

tlynn78

Re: The Big Bang Series Finale

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:39 am

BackInTex wrote:Who watched it? We did, even though we haven't really watch the current seasons for several years. We do like to watch older reruns.

We did not know about Howard's and Bernadette's kids. I knew everyone was married, but hadn't watch any of the shows with them married.

I will say I'm impressed with the way they wrapped up the series. I'm not going to lie, Sheldon's speech made my eyes water a little.

I thought it was really well done - I haven't been a faithful watcher, but catch it more often than not, so I was surprised to see Howard and Bernadette's kids - that is the first time I've seen them 'in person.' I'll also mention, perhaps Game of Thrones should have used BBT's writers.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

a1mamacat

#3 Post by a1mamacat » Fri May 17, 2019 8:58 am

tlynn78 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Who watched it? We did, even though we haven't really watch the current seasons for several years. We do like to watch older reruns.

I thought it was really well done - I haven't been a faithful watcher, but catch it more often than not, so I was surprised to see Howard and Bernadette's kids - that is the first time I've seen them 'in person.' I'll also mention, perhaps Game of Thrones should have used BBT's writers.
The season finale of Young Sheldon piggybacked, showing Sheldon listening to the Nobel ceremony on a short wave radio. He has invited all sorts of people to come listen with him, but no one did. They segued into short videos of all his future friends as kids as he contemplated that someday he would find them.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:09 am

I watched it, and I have watched the show faithfully since before its premiere. (TiVo had its first episode available before it was broadcast.) It was very well done. That is the first time we have seen Howard and Bernadette's kids on screen. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:27 pm

BackInTex wrote:I'm not going to lie, Sheldon's speech made my eyes water a little.
Me too, big fella. Me too. What an inopportune time for my seasonal allergies to pop up :roll: :oops:
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Ritterskoop

#6 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun May 19, 2019 7:16 pm

My favorite comments so far:

Would have been fun to see Leslie Winkle watching the speech on TV, shaking her head, and saying, "You're still a dumbass."

Also, Mary Cooper would not have been in attendance because there is no way she would go to a place where everyone is a foreigner!
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

christie1111
11:11

#7 Post by christie1111 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:07 pm

I loved the ending and the tie in to Young Sheldon.

I am going to miss the show. We did not see the week before which apparently had to do with someone's Mom. But we haven't tried to find it on any of the streaming sites yet. Maybe next Thursday so I will gradually go through withdrawal.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Ritterskoop

#8 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon May 20, 2019 1:49 pm

The week before episode was DARK, with Leonard and his mom. My mom says she will never watch that episode again, it was so painful.

There was some closure for some other characters, and I appreciated the conclusion to that storyline, so I didn't hate it, and actually misted up a little over that and one other scene.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:The week before episode was DARK, with Leonard and his mom. My mom says she will never watch that episode again, it was so painful.

There was some closure for some other characters, and I appreciated the conclusion to that storyline, so I didn't hate it, and actually misted up a little over that and one other scene.
I must have missed that one..
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire