Geezer ruminations

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Geezer ruminations

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:00 pm

As I watched Ranger Jeff on the ladder messing with gutter stuff thinking nonono ladder for me...
and as I see the weather roaming thru Kansas where I lived from 74-78...
as a claim adjuster for Travelers, yes I know I have talked about this...and we handled prop/cas/auto/pers injury/product liabilit...

Anyway, during tornado time it was all hands on deck. And even with catastrophe guys showing up, I was the only gal person climbing roofs for awhile. This was when we had sectional wooden ladders that you had to pull up to the second story. Unless the golfball size gashes were obvious for a total roof loss.
So, one storm period I was the #2 in numbers of roofs done in a day. 11!

At the end of my 4 year stay I got the "heights, not so much" creeping me out.

It was lovely cardio, come to think about it.
But, how the fuckety fuck did I DO that?
Well, then

tlynn78

Re: Geezer ruminations

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:20 pm

Beebs52 wrote:As I watched Ranger Jeff on the ladder messing with gutter stuff thinking nonono ladder for me...
as a claim adjuster for Travelers, yes I know I have talked about this...and we handled prop/cas/auto/pers injury/product liabilit...

Anyway, during tornado time it was all hands on deck. And even with catastrophe guys showing up, I was the only gal person climbing roofs for awhile. This was when we had sectional wooden ladders that you had to pull up to the second story. Unless the golfball size gashes were obvious for a total roof loss.

We are too stupid when we're young to know what we 'can't' do. Those were my high school years right there ^^. From 8th through most of 11th grade, i worked in a family-owned restaurant from 4 pm to midnight M-F, then 6am to 2 pm on Saturday/Sunday. On the weekends, I'd grab a shower after shift and spend the day at Six Flags (if I wasn't pulling a double) until it closed, get up at 5 on Sunday and do it again. I apparently did not need sleep. Still pulled good grades and missed very little school. That said, I've never been a fan of heights; I don't think anyone would ever have caught me up on a roof (except this one, where I liked to sunbathe).
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:20 pm

Beebs52 wrote:As I watched Ranger Jeff on the ladder messing with gutter stuff thinking nonono ladder for me...

So let me get this straight. You used to get high for a living? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

So let me get this straight. You used to get high for a living? --Bob
Damn straight. Eeee still makes me cringe
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:28 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

We are too stupid when we're young to know what we 'can't' do. Those were my high school years right there ^^. From 8th through most of 11th grade, i worked in a family-owned restaurant from 4 pm to midnight M-F, then 6am to 2 pm on Saturday/Sunday. On the weekends, I'd grab a shower after shift and spend the day at Six Flags (if I wasn't pulling a double) until it closed, get up at 5 on Sunday and do it again. I apparently did not need sleep. Still pulled good grades and missed very little school. That said, I've never been a fan of heights; I don't think anyone would ever have caught me up on a roof (except this one, where I liked to sunbathe).
Good point on the can't do thing. I may still write a book.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon May 20, 2019 4:47 pm

If you want to unretire: https://www.simplyhired.com/search?q=ce ... yZqZRjkABQ
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Bob Juch wrote:

If you want to unretire: https://www.simplyhired.com/search?q=ce ... yZqZRjkABQ
Noooooooooooooooooo
Well, then