Pelosi

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Pelosi

#26 Post by Estonut » Fri May 24, 2019 4:21 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Are you referring to the faked video of Speaker Pelosi that was altered to make it seem as though she was slurring her words?
It was NOT faked. The video is real unaltered clips in a montage. Yes it is a montage to show the Speaker is slurring her words, confused, unable to complete a full sentence, and who's hands are functioning 1 finger less than her mouth.

It is no worse than what has been done to Bob's and my president Donald J Trump.

And no, I don't approve of either.
I'm not talking about the Fox News fakery, which was edited to make Speaker Pelosi falsely appear incoherent. (This, incidentally, is excellent evidence that Fox News is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Republican Party, which is exactly what it was designed to be.) There was another one circulated where the sound was actually altered.
The video must not be convincing since you failed to provide a link, as you would demand from anyone else.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#27 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:34 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:It was NOT faked. The video is real unaltered clips in a montage. Yes it is a montage to show the Speaker is slurring her words, confused, unable to complete a full sentence, and who's hands are functioning 1 finger less than her mouth.

It is no worse than what has been done to Bob's and my president Donald J Trump.

I'm not talking about the Fox News fakery, which was edited to make Speaker Pelosi falsely appear incoherent. (This, incidentally, is excellent evidence that Fox News is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Republican Party, which is exactly what it was designed to be.) There was another one circulated where the sound was actually altered.
The video must not be convincing since you failed to provide a link, as you would demand from anyone else.
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Heart, bless it. Meds, adjust.
Are you referring to the faked video of Speaker Pelosi that was altered to make it seem as though she was slurring her words? --Bob

No. I was referring to her intervention comment. Care to engage?
Nah. She just wanted to get under Donny's skin. As usual, it worked. She's good
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#28 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:It was NOT faked. The video is real unaltered clips in a montage. Yes it is a montage to show the Speaker is slurring her words, confused, unable to complete a full sentence, and who's hands are functioning 1 finger less than her mouth.

Not hard to find descriptions. The Washington Post covered the story. I can't get at it from this computer -- it's behind a paywall and I've used this computer to read too many stories there this month already.

And as a matter of policy I decline to give further exposure to deliberately faked videos. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#29 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'm not talking about the Fox News fakery, which was edited to make Speaker Pelosi falsely appear incoherent. (This, incidentally, is excellent evidence that Fox News is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Republican Party, which is exactly what it was designed to be.) There was another one circulated where the sound was actually altered.
Not hard to find descriptions. The Washington Post covered the story. I can't get at it from this computer -- it's behind a paywall and I've used this computer to read too many stories there this month already.

And as a matter of policy I decline to give further exposure to deliberately faked videos. --Bob
The whole point of this thread WASN'T a video. Bob.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:The video must not be convincing since you failed to provide a link, as you would demand from anyone else.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that a thread on this Bored might get hijacked. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#31 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Not hard to find descriptions. The Washington Post covered the story. I can't get at it from this computer -- it's behind a paywall and I've used this computer to read too many stories there this month already.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that a thread on this Bored might get hijacked. --Bob
Be unique.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#32 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Here's more on the Fox News fakery, including a link to the entire 21-minute video from which it was created. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#33 Post by Estonut » Sat May 25, 2019 12:24 am

Bob78164 wrote:And as a matter of policy I decline to give further exposure to deliberately faked videos.
You brought it up, you provide the link. "Your audience" does not blindly believe everything (anything?) you post. Some people actually like to watch the source and decide for themselves, not just claim to do so.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#34 Post by Bob78164 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:02 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:And as a matter of policy I decline to give further exposure to deliberately faked videos.
You brought it up, you provide the link. "Your audience" does not blindly believe everything (anything?) you post. Some people actually like to watch the source and decide for themselves, not just claim to do so.
Here's Rudy Guiliani incoherently apologizing for retweeting it. If you choose to disbelieve that it existed, you're welcome to do so. I won't propagate it. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#35 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:01 am

As far as i can tell, fox news had nothing to do with the production of said video, and it is even in dispute whether they even aired the altered version. But if the batphone says so, it must be your truth.
I like this new meme, "my truth". Convenient way to spread lies.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#36 Post by Bob Juch » Sat May 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Estonut wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/doctored- ... ACJABphpbI
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#37 Post by Vandal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:52 am

Pelosi on Trump saying he would listen to information on political opponent:
Yesterday the president gave us once again evidence that he does not know right from wrong. It is a very sad thing.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster