It IS a crisis

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

It IS a crisis

#1 Post by BackInTex » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:06 am

This is a USA Today article.

As Trump threatens to close border

And I say "Just Do It'.
Seven hundred miles east, busload after busload of weary, bedraggled migrants crowd into the Catholic Charities Humanitarian Respite Center in McAllen, Texas. Organizers there are used to handling 200 to 300 migrants a day. Lately, the migrants have been arriving at a clip of around 800 a day, overflowing the respite center and straining city resources.
“It’s staggering,” McAllen City Manager Roy Rodriguez said. “Really, we’ve never seen anything like this before.”
“The surge numbers are just overwhelming the entire system," McAleenan said.
Along the Texas border with Mexico – from El Paso to Eagle Pass to the Rio Grande Valley – masses of migrants have been crossing the border in unprecedented numbers, overwhelming federal holding facilities and sending local leaders and volunteers scrambling to deal with the relentless waves of people.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: It IS a crisis

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:50 am

BackInTex wrote:This is a USA Today article.

And I say "Just Do It'.
Seven hundred miles east, busload after busload of weary, bedraggled migrants crowd into the Catholic Charities Humanitarian Respite Center in McAllen, Texas. Organizers there are used to handling 200 to 300 migrants a day. Lately, the migrants have been arriving at a clip of around 800 a day, overflowing the respite center and straining city resources.
“It’s staggering,” McAllen City Manager Roy Rodriguez said. “Really, we’ve never seen anything like this before.”
Along the Texas border with Mexico – from El Paso to Eagle Pass to the Rio Grande Valley – masses of migrants have been crossing the border in unprecedented numbers, overwhelming federal holding facilities and sending local leaders and volunteers scrambling to deal with the relentless waves of people.
Do you have a clue how many businesses rely on supplies or components imported from Mexico? How many U.S. businesses rely on Mexican customers? I knew that Donny was a raving idiot who’s willing to say or do anything to pander to the racist elements of his base. I thought you were smarter than that. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:15 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Do you have a clue how many businesses rely on supplies or components imported from Mexico? How many U.S. businesses rely on Mexican customers? I knew that Donny was a raving idiot who’s willing to say or do anything to pander to the racist elements of his base. I thought you were smarter than that. —Bob
If you want to call me a racist at least have the balls to say it directly.

Both I and your president understand the economic ramifications of closing the border for a day, a week, or a year. He, and those you voted for, also understand the damage being done to this country by the uncontrolled influx of illegals. But unlike those you voted for, he wants to make things better rather than ensure future votes for continued power. In other words, he loves the country, those you voted for love their power.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:22 pm

Oh, and Bob, you're personal attacks won't sway or deter me. Your tactics of calling folks names because they don't agree with your philosophy won't work with me. Call me racists (I'm not), call me homophobic (I'm not), call me a misogynist (I'm not). That tactic won't work on me.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:38 pm

Another "racist" who agrees it's a crisis.
Former Department of Homeland Security secretary under President Barack Obama, Jeh Johnson, says that America is “truly in a crisis.”

~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:21 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:This is a USA Today article.

And I say "Just Do It'.
Do you have a clue how many businesses rely on supplies or components imported from Mexico? How many U.S. businesses rely on Mexican customers? I knew that Donny was a raving idiot who’s willing to say or do anything to pander to the racist elements of his base. I thought you were smarter than that. —Bob
If the congress would just do something to fix the 'broken immigration system' they are always campaigning on, trump would not be doing or saying this. But they won't. They want to keep fishing for some crime or allegation of a crime to pin on the duly elected president instead of doing their jobs. The president has made it abundantly clear what he thinks will fix the crisis we have at the border, but you and yours are only interested in power. You have no answers to anything except schemes and lies to get people to vote for dem candidates and to hell with the health and safety of the country and it's citizens.
You have no fucking right to call anyone a racist, bob-tel. And neither does polly. I am sick of it.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#7 Post by jarnon » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:14 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:If the congress would just do something to fix the 'broken immigration system' they are always campaigning on, trump would not be doing or saying this.
Yes, there’s a crisis at the border, and only Congress can solve it. Actually, Congress has floated several bipartisan immigration proposals, and they’ve all been knocked down. The last one failed when the Administration insisted on restrictions on the right to apply for asylum. As long as racist (and I don’t throw that word around lightly) Stephen Miller has the President’s ear, the immigration mess will go on.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:21 pm

jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:If the congress would just do something to fix the 'broken immigration system' they are always campaigning on, trump would not be doing or saying this.
Yes, there’s a crisis at the border, and only Congress can solve it. Actually, Congress has floated several bipartisan immigration proposals, and they’ve all been knocked down. The last one failed when the Administration insisted on restrictions on the right to apply for asylum. As long as racist (and I don’t throw that word around lightly) Stephen Miller has the President’s ear, the immigration mess will go on.
All previous administrations were racist, too, right? All?
Well, then

jarnon

#9 Post by jarnon » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:42 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
jarnon wrote:As long as racist (and I don’t throw that word around lightly) Stephen Miller has the President’s ear, the immigration mess will go on.
I searched my posts and this is the first time I’ve called somebody in any administration a racist.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:50 pm

jarnon wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
jarnon wrote:As long as racist (and I don’t throw that word around lightly) Stephen Miller has the President’s ear, the immigration mess will go on.
I searched my posts and this is the first time I’ve called somebody in any administration a racist.
What does that have anything to do with the discussion? You can confirm ...never mind. I thought you weren't a bob. Silly me.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:56 pm

And Jarnon, you know the current scenario is NOT the same as Miller's forbears.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#12 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:35 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Do you have a clue how many businesses rely on supplies or components imported from Mexico? How many U.S. businesses rely on Mexican customers? I knew that Donny was a raving idiot who’s willing to say or do anything to pander to the racist elements of his base. I thought you were smarter than that. —Bob

Both I and your president understand the economic ramifications of closing the border for a day, a week, or a year. He, and those you voted for, also understand the damage being done to this country by the uncontrolled influx of illegals. But unlike those you voted for, he wants to make things better rather than ensure future votes for continued power. In other words, he loves the country, those you voted for love their power.
You want to inflict billions of dollars of damage (if we’re lucky) in order to keep Mexicans out of the country. I won’t pretend to know what’s in your heart. But the decision you want to support certainly isn’t rational. Nor will I allow you to deflect attention from the sheer irrationality of your position by pretending I called you a racist when I quite clearly did not do so.

And I think you can count on the hundreds of thousands of employees whose jobs would be at risk to make their displeasure known, at the ballot box and quite possibly on the streets. Just ask Congressman Culberson. Excuse me. I meant, just ask former Congressman Culberson. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:39 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

You want to inflict billions of dollars of damage (if we’re lucky) in order to keep Mexicans out of the country. I won’t pretend to know what’s in your heart. But the decision you want to support certainly isn’t rational. Nor will I allow you to deflect attention from the sheer irrationality of your position by pretending I called you a racist when I quite clearly did not do so.

And I think you can count on the hundreds of thousands of employees whose jobs would be at risk to make their displeasure known, at the ballot box and quite possibly on the streets. Just ask Congressman Culberson. Excuse me. I meant, just ask former Congressman Culberson. —Bob
Get your beloved dem congresspeople to do their frickin' jobs, bob-tel and do something to fix the situation. And you DID and you owe ANOTHER apology.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:12 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Get your beloved dem congresspeople to do their frickin' jobs, bob-tel and do something to fix the situation. And you DID and you owe ANOTHER apology.
I doubt the situation is fixable until next November, but a lot of us are working really hard on it so please be patient. —Bob

flockofseagulls104

#15 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:31 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You want to inflict billions of dollars of damage (if we’re lucky) in order to keep Mexicans out of the country. I won’t pretend to know what’s in your heart. But the decision you want to support certainly isn’t rational. Nor will I allow you to deflect attention from the sheer irrationality of your position by pretending I called you a racist when I quite clearly did not do so.

I doubt the situation is fixable until next November, but a lot of us are working really hard on it so please be patient. —Bob
What's your fix? Open borders? Giving Illegal Aliens the right to vote? No thanks. Pathetic.

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:54 am

Well, if Trump wants to manufacture a crisis, he may get it if he closes the border:

US Auto Plants Could Shut Down Within a Week if Border Closes

That's Donald Trump, protector of the American auto industry.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:04 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Well, if Trump wants to manufacture a crisis, he may get it if he closes the border:

'manufacture a crisis' is batphone stuff. There is a real problem on the southern border that you resist-ants have created, refuse to address and are doing everything in your power to exacerbate. I'd ask when you are going to grow up, but your reaction to the Mueller the Magnificent findings are proof that you never will. You will never work with anyone you've branded as unworthy, so the only thing is just to defeat you. trump is the guy to do it. He is of your making.

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:16 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: You will never work with anyone you've branded as unworthy, so the only thing is just to defeat you. trump is the guy to do it.
He did that quite well in the last election. Just ask Congressman John Culberson or Congresswoman Karen Handel or 40 others.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:28 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Well, if Trump wants to manufacture a crisis, he may get it if he closes the border:

'manufacture a crisis' is batphone stuff. There is a real problem on the southern border that you resist-ants have created, refuse to address and are doing everything in your power to exacerbate. I'd ask when you are going to grow up, but your reaction to the Mueller the Magnificent findings are proof that you never will. You will never work with anyone you've branded as unworthy, so the only thing is just to defeat you. trump is the guy to do it. He is of your making.
No one (except Attorney General Barr) has reacted to Mueller's findings because no one (except Attorney General Barr) has seen Mueller's findings. Not even you. All we know right now is that someone who was bending over backward to put the report in as good a light as possible for Donny still was forced to concede there was substantial evidence that Donny engaged in obstruction of justice. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:16 am

Bob78164 wrote:

No one (except Attorney General Barr) has reacted to Mueller's findings because no one (except Attorney General Barr) has seen Mueller's findings. Not even you. All we know right now is that someone who was bending over backward to put the report in as good a light as possible for Donny still was forced to concede there was substantial evidence that Donny engaged in obstruction of justice. --Bob
More batphone stuff. You're pathetic.

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:52 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: More batphone stuff. You're pathetic.
The "batphone" response is now Flock's standard fallback whenever he has no response to someone pointing out one the many flaws in his thinking process.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#22 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:27 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
The "batphone" response is now Flock's standard fallback whenever he has no response to someone pointing out one the many flaws in his thinking process.
He obviously hasn't noticed that a number of my points are made here before they're published in the mainstream press. All these years on the Bored and he still hasn't figured out just who tells the Batphone what to say. He doesn't appear to be very observant. --Bob

BackInTex

#23 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
He obviously hasn't noticed that a number of my points are made here before they're published in the mainstream press. All these years on the Bored and he still hasn't figured out just who tells the Batphone what to say. He doesn't appear to be very observant. --Bob

Wow, it all makes sense now, why what comes out of the Batphone is such rubbish. :wink:
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#24 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Yes, you're using the approved term 'manufactured crisis' which has been bandied about by all the leftist 'pundits' who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. That's the batphone. It IS a real crisis, and you and they all know it. But you can get away with it among the uninformed and ignorant leftist base. It doesn't play with those of us who actually think.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#25 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:59 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Yes, you're using the approved term 'manufactured crisis' which has been bandied about by all the leftist 'pundits' who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. That's the batphone. It IS a real crisis, and you and they all know it. But you can get away with it among the DEPLORABLE leftist base. It doesn't play with those of us who actually think.
Fixed that for you. --Bob