At least 11 dead in Virginia Beach mass shooting

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

At least 11 dead in Virginia Beach mass shooting

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 31, 2019 6:08 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: At least 11 dead in Virginia Beach mass shooting

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:27 pm

It was just this morning I was saying on Facebook: "I'd really like it if, when I have grandchildren some day, they have no idea what an 'active shooter drill' is."

So of course the world just had to remind me that the danger zone extends beyond schools. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:39 pm

That's where SteelersFanSis and her family live. We'll call her as soon as SteelersFan comes in. I'm sure no one from the family is involved, or we would have heard from one of the other siblings.

:cry:
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:It was just this morning I was saying on Facebook: "I'd really like it if, when I have grandchildren some day, they have no idea what an 'active shooter drill' is."

So of course the world just had to remind me that the danger zone extends beyond schools. --Bob
What?
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:16 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:It was just this morning I was saying on Facebook: "I'd really like it if, when I have grandchildren some day, they have no idea what an 'active shooter drill' is."

What?
I'm getting very, very tired of mass shootings. (With 11 fatalities, this was the largest mass shooting in the United States since November. It's not even the largest mass shooting in the last 12 months.) And I'm getting even more tired of politicians who can't do anything to prevent them, or even slow them down. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:14 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

What?
I'm getting very, very tired of mass shootings. (With 11 fatalities, this was the largest mass shooting in the United States since November. It's not even the largest mass shooting in the last 12 months.) And I'm getting even more tired of politicians who can't do anything to prevent them, or even slow them down. --Bob
I honestly don't understand your statement about extending beyond schools. I mean...
Well, then

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:36 pm

All is well with StelersFanSis and family. Except the whole town is miserable . . .

It's a lovely city. This is heartbreaking.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:02 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: What?
I honestly don't understand your statement about extending beyond schools. I mean...
My original statement had schools in mind -- that's where my hypothetical grandkids will presumably learn about (and experience) active shooter drills. Today's murders didn't occur in a school. --Bob

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 31, 2019 10:20 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'm getting very, very tired of mass shootings. (With 11 fatalities, this was the largest mass shooting in the United States since November. It's not even the largest mass shooting in the last 12 months.) And I'm getting even more tired of politicians who can't do anything to prevent them, or even slow them down. --Bob
My original statement had schools in mind -- that's where my hypothetical grandkids will presumably learn about (and experience) active shooter drills. Today's murders didn't occur in a school. --Bob
Bob78164 wrote:So of course the world just had to remind me that the danger zone extends beyond schools. --Bob
You had to be "reminded"? You go around routinely thinking the only dangerous places are schools? That's pretty sad. And dangerous.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

What?
And pray tell what the hell are politicians gonna do about it? I mean really? You think Nancy and Chuck have the answers?
I feel another self righteous rant coming on....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:32 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: What?
And pray tell what the hell are politicians gonna do about it? I mean really? You think Nancy and Chuck have the answers?
New Zealand was able to respond quickly and effectively. And this shit doesn't happen in most of the world with anywhere near the frequency it happens here. Maybe we should do what they do. And if our current politicians won't, we should replace them with politicians who will. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:51 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: And pray tell what the hell are politicians gonna do about it? I mean really? You think Nancy and Chuck have the answers?
As opposed to the usual right wing response of claiming we can't do anything about it so we might as well not try.

Flock, you've already used your self-righteous rant on this subject for the day.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com