WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22376
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
The following is by Florida writer Adam-Troy Castro:

An anguished question from a Trump supporter: "Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?"

The serious answer: Here’s what we really think about Trump supporters - the rich, the poor, the malignant and the innocently well-meaning, the ones who think and the ones who don't...

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought "Fine."

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, "Okay."

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, "No problem."

That when he made up stories about seeing Muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue."

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn't care, you chirped, "He sure knows me."

That when you heard him illustrate his own character by telling that cute story about the elderly guest bleeding on the floor at his country club, the story about how he turned his back and how it was all an imposition on him, you said, "That's cool!"

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said, "Well, who has time?"

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense."

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!"

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!"

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, "Thumbs up!"

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be."

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!"

That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!"

That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense."

That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!"

That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids. has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” - and you say, “well, ok then.”

That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise.

What you don't get, Trump supporters in 2019, is that succumbing to frustration and thinking of you as stupid may be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bob Juch wrote:
The following is by Florida writer Adam-Troy Castro:

An anguished question from a Trump supporter: "Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?"

The serious answer: Here’s what we really think about Trump supporters - the rich, the poor, the malignant and the innocently well-meaning, the ones who think and the ones who don't...

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought "Fine."

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, "Okay."

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, "No problem."

That when he made up stories about seeing Muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue."

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn't care, you chirped, "He sure knows me."

That when you heard him illustrate his own character by telling that cute story about the elderly guest bleeding on the floor at his country club, the story about how he turned his back and how it was all an imposition on him, you said, "That's cool!"

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said, "Well, who has time?"

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense."

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!"

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!"

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, "Thumbs up!"

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be."

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!"

That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!"

That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense."

That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!"

That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids. has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” - and you say, “well, ok then.”

That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise.

What you don't get, Trump supporters in 2019, is that succumbing to frustration and thinking of you as stupid may be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.

And when you realize the MSM is in the pocket of the Dem party and they were all in for Clinton and have totally disgraced the profession of journalism by their completely obvious bias, you realize that even if all they report about him is true, he is still the better of two evils.Got it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22376
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
The following is by Florida writer Adam-Troy Castro:

An anguished question from a Trump supporter: "Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?"

The serious answer: Here’s what we really think about Trump supporters - the rich, the poor, the malignant and the innocently well-meaning, the ones who think and the ones who don't...

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought "Fine."

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, "Okay."

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, "No problem."

That when he made up stories about seeing Muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue."

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn't care, you chirped, "He sure knows me."

That when you heard him illustrate his own character by telling that cute story about the elderly guest bleeding on the floor at his country club, the story about how he turned his back and how it was all an imposition on him, you said, "That's cool!"

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said, "Well, who has time?"

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense."

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!"

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!"

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, "Thumbs up!"

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be."

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!"

That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!"

That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense."

That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!"

That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids. has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” - and you say, “well, ok then.”

That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise.

What you don't get, Trump supporters in 2019, is that succumbing to frustration and thinking of you as stupid may be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.

And when you realize the MSM is in the pocket of the Dem party and they were all in for Clinton and have totally disgraced the profession of journalism by their completely obvious bias, you realize that even if all they report about him is true, he is still the better of two evils. Got it?

No. You would have voted for Hitler over Hindenburg.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4665
Location: Merion, Pa.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56696
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57138

I get that each edition has added outrages, but they won’t convince anyone who’s not on our side already.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:34 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 9601
Location: Garden Grove, CA
jarnon wrote:
http://wwtbambored.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56696
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57138

I get that each edition has added outrages, but they won’t convince anyone who’s not on our side already.
I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED, I TELL YOU to find that BJ has posted the same tripe 3 times and didn't realize it. About as shocked as I am to see that he posted another RIP years past the person's passing.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16464
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

And when you realize the MSM is in the pocket of the Dem party and they were all in for Clinton and have totally disgraced the profession of journalism by their completely obvious bias, you realize that even if all they report about him is true, he is still the better of two evils.Got it?


If anyone still wonders why liberals think Trump supporters are stupid, those last two lines of yours Flock should pretty much answer the question.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

And when you realize the MSM is in the pocket of the Dem party and they were all in for Clinton and have totally disgraced the profession of journalism by their completely obvious bias, you realize that even if all they report about him is true, he is still the better of two evils.Got it?


If anyone still wonders why liberals think Trump supporters are stupid, those last two lines of yours Flock should pretty much answer the question.


Why won't you ever admit the obvious fact that the MSM is totally biased? It should concern everyone when a supposedly objective journalist like Martha Radditz on ABC breaks down and makes a totally outrageous remark and cries on election night when she finally realizes her chosen candidate had lost. Then there's this:
[url] https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproject. ... ps-victory
[/url]

I suppose Laura Logan is to be disregarded. Tell us what the batphone says about her.
And then from there on 96% of their reporting on the President is negative.

But I have no basis for distrusting the news that comes out of NYC or Washington DC, right polly? They always give us the unbiased objective truth, just like you and bob-tel the annointed one.
So don't address it, just make up another fantasy swipe at me. Go ahead, that's all you ever do.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16464
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
And then from there on 96% of their reporting on the President is negative.


And I would guess that 99% of the reporting about Saddam Hussein, Kim Jong-Un, and Osama Bin Laden were negative. What's your point?

Did you ever stop to consider that the reason the reporting is so negative is that Trump has done things far worse than any other president in modern history? The thousands of documented lies he tells on a daily basis for example. Or that the vast majority of the stories about him by reputable news sources have eventually been verified? Instead, you point to a relatively small number of mistakes and bring them up over and over again. By the same token, you could compile a "highlights film" of every error Ozzie Smith made in his career as proof that he was a terrible fielder.

Most college educated people in this country are liberal as opposed to conservative, so it's not surprising that the media falls in this category as well. But it doesn't mean their reporting, either as a whole or in any particular story, should automatically be discounted. Instead, what you do is rely on the mantra of "fake news" to discount everything that you don't like while falling back on what makes you comfortable. The article you brought up quotes extensively from an "expert" at Media Research Center. That's a right-wing organization whose sole purpose is to try to debunk news stories it doesn't like. You probably didn't know or care about that little detail because the story made you feel good.

Walter Cronkite cried when JFK was assassinated. Does that mean people should have distrusted everything he said? But if you'll recall, the media brought up plenty of criticism about Hillary Clinton during the campaign as well.

If anything, the mainstream media does Trump a favor when it gives him a sounding board for some of his most outrageous statements simply because he's the President of the United States.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10523
Location: In Texas of course!
Estonut wrote:
jarnon wrote:
http://wwtbambored.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56696
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57138

I get that each edition has added outrages, but they won’t convince anyone who’s not on our side already.
I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED, I TELL YOU to find that BJ has posted the same tripe 3 times and didn't realize it. About as shocked as I am to see that he posted another RIP years past the person's passing.


Maybe we should rename this thread "Why do normal folks think Bob Juch is stupid?"

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10523
Location: In Texas of course!
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Why won't you ever admit the obvious fact that the MSM is totally biased?


Give it up Flock. He, BJ, and Bobbie are part of that team. The team's game plan is to continue to spout lies and falsehoods, even though the evidence says otherwise, enough that some will eventually breakdown and concede the game. Any hesitance or perceived or admitted doubt on their part breaks the trance. It is like the snake oil salesmen back in the day, if you say something long enough and with enough authority, eventually some people will believe you no matter how crazy the story is. Look at Jim Jones or David Koresh.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
And then from there on 96% of their reporting on the President is negative.


And I would guess that 99% of the reporting about Saddam Hussein, Kim Jong-Un, and Osama Bin Laden were negative. What's your point?

Did you ever stop to consider that the reason the reporting is so negative is that Trump has done things far worse than any other president in modern history? The thousands of documented lies he tells on a daily basis for example. Or that the vast majority of the stories about him by reputable news sources have eventually been verified? Instead, you point to a relatively small number of mistakes and bring them up over and over again. By the same token, you could compile a "highlights film" of every error Ozzie Smith made in his career as proof that he was a terrible fielder.

Most college educated people in this country are liberal as opposed to conservative, so it's not surprising that the media falls in this category as well. But it doesn't mean their reporting, either as a whole or in any particular story, should automatically be discounted. Instead, what you do is rely on the mantra of "fake news" to discount everything that you don't like while falling back on what makes you comfortable. The article you brought up quotes extensively from an "expert" at Media Research Center. That's a right-wing organization whose sole purpose is to try to debunk news stories it doesn't like. You probably didn't know or care about that little detail because the story made you feel good.

Walter Cronkite cried when JFK was assassinated. Does that mean people should have distrusted everything he said? But if you'll recall, the media brought up plenty of criticism about Hillary Clinton during the campaign as well.

If anything, the mainstream media does Trump a favor when it gives him a sounding board for some of his most outrageous statements simply because he's the President of the United States.

Since you like to bring up Hitler, how did he eventually end up controlling a modern nation and bring it under his rule? I think it was because he controlled the media and continuously fed the population with his expertly honed propaganda. I don't believe trump controls the media in this country, do you? Who runs Hollywood, polly? Who controls the education system that produces so many passionate liberals that hate our country,'s past and hate our system of limited government? What message do they go out of their way to feed us and guide us to?
I think the people who support trump are not stupid. They want someone who fights back against the tyranny of the left. If you want to try and understand read the current number one selling book on the NYT bestsellers list.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16464
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Since you like to bring up Hitler, how did he eventually end up controlling a modern nation and bring it under his rule?


Funny, you should mention Hitler, because he had his own version of "fake news" which he called "lying press."

Quote:
Ultimately, the most important political tool of any authoritarian regime is the control of information and public discourse. As such, freedom of speech and a free press are without a doubt the most dangerous foes of any totalitarian aspiration. Hitler, courtesy of the enabling act, was able to move swiftly to dispose of the free press by evoking the notion of a “Luegenpresse” or lying press. He accused the press of falsifying facts, distorting political realities and, once more, used the race baiting tactic by asserting that the free press had been undermined by Jews. In its place, he established the Ministry of Propaganda headed by the charismatic, ambitious, and fiercely loyal Joseph Goebbels. The ministry took control of all media outlets, particularly the new technologies of radio and film. It is surely telling that Trump, too, has had a contentious relationship with the free press and has accused the press of falsely portraying both him and his intentions. Trump is, similarly, a master of using new technologies — social media and Twitter in particular — to broadcast his message directly to the public. In the quest to control information Trump certainly faces greater obstacles both because the American press is firmly engrained in the American tradition and because the Internet is more pluralist and international than radio or film was. Still, it is cause for alarm when Trump openly muses about censorship, strengthening libel laws, or attends raucous rallies at which he is celebrated by his followers rather than facing the press at the White House Correspondent’s dinner the way every president, regardless of rating or popularity, has done in the past.


http://www.publicseminar.org/2018/10/19 ... tarianism/

Quote:
The Nazis controlled less than three percent of Germany’s newspapers in 1933. At that time, Hitler regularly spoke about the lugenpresse – a word which roughly translates to lying press. Over the next decade, the Nazis drove half the newspapers out of business and seized control of half of the remaining newspapers, with a circulation of 21 million. The remaining privately owned and independent newspapers only had a circulation of 5 million, operated in strict compliance with government press laws and published material only in accordance with directives issued by the Ministry of Propaganda.


https://voqal.org/defending-and-disrupt ... the-press/

The first article I cited listed 10 ways Hitler exploited the systems in effect to rise to power. The attack on the press was number 8. See how many of the others seem familiar.

If you actually exercised some independent thought and reasoning ability, Flock, you might actually be able to come up with some valid points in your arguments. But even by your standards, debunking your latest diatribe was ridiculously easy for anyone who actually knows something about history.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22376
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Image

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4665
Location: Merion, Pa.
Jake Tapper wrote:
“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

— Orwell, 1984
Strictly speaking this isn’t biased because he doesn’t say which party he means.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:32 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18290
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Why won't you ever admit the obvious fact that the MSM is totally biased?


Give it up Flock. He, BJ, and Bobbie are part of that team. The team's game plan is to continue to spout lies and falsehoods, even though the evidence says otherwise, enough that some will eventually breakdown and concede the game. Any hesitance or perceived or admitted doubt on their part breaks the trance. It is like the snake oil salesmen back in the day, if you say something long enough and with enough authority, eventually some people will believe you no matter how crazy the story is. Look at Jim Jones or David Koresh.
Your and flock's real problem isn't that the mainstream media is biased. It's that the facts are biased by being inconsistent with your narrative. Claiming that the messenger is biased is a convenient way to rationalize your consistent disregard of evidence (particularly when Faux News consistently puts on stories that are demonstrably false), but reality is stubborn and eventually finds a way to make itself known. That's why the mythology of Donny as a dealmaker had to yield to the reality of his multiple bankruptcies.

Reality will eventually break through. The process has already started, as the 2018 elections dramatically illustrated. I have hope that it will finish the job in time for the 2020 election, if not before. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
It's that the facts are biased by being inconsistent with your narrative.

Like the 'fact' that somehow trump's campaign colluded and coordinated with putin, and that Mueller would tell us how. How did that work out? And that no one in the democrat MSM points out that Mueller's 'exoneration' statement is completely out of bounds of what a prosecutor is supposed to do and goes totally against the 'presumption of innocence' concept that is at the heart of our justice system. Oh well, we'll try the next thing against trump.
You, bob-tel, ignore any facts that aren't spoon-fed to you by your approved sources, and by your use of the phrase 'Faux-News', you prove it.
But I'm not going to argue the point anymore. I've made it. You can keep bouncing around in your echo-chamber and refuse to hear anything outside of it. Your audience here loves you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16464
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
You can keep bouncing around in your echo-chamber and refuse to hear anything outside of it. Your audience here loves you.


Describing yourself again, aren't you Flock.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10523
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob78164 wrote:
It's that the facts are biased by being inconsistent with your narrative. Claiming that the messenger is biased is a convenient way to rationalize your consistent disregard of evidence



When you deny that a human being having a penis and possessing both an X and a Y chromosome is a male, when you chastise others calling such a human a man, well, then you are not one to talk about rationalizing and disregarding evidence. Your view of what facts are is "whatever one feels the facts are".

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:50 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18290
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
It's that the facts are biased by being inconsistent with your narrative. Claiming that the messenger is biased is a convenient way to rationalize your consistent disregard of evidence



When you deny that a human being having a penis and possessing both an X and a Y chromosome is a male, when you chastise others calling such a human a man, well, then you are not one to talk about rationalizing and disregarding evidence. Your view of what facts are is "whatever one feels the facts are".
When you insist on relying on your religion to disregard people's gender identity, I'll call you on it each and every time.

Let me know when you've gotten to know someone willing to acknowledge to you that they're transgender. Let me know when you've had a talk with them about the harm it does them when people refuse to acknowledge their identity. Until then, you're just using your religion to justify bigotry and I damn well won't stand silent. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
It's that the facts are biased by being inconsistent with your narrative. Claiming that the messenger is biased is a convenient way to rationalize your consistent disregard of evidence



When you deny that a human being having a penis and possessing both an X and a Y chromosome is a male, when you chastise others calling such a human a man, well, then you are not one to talk about rationalizing and disregarding evidence. Your view of what facts are is "whatever one feels the facts are".
When you insist on relying on your religion to disregard people's gender identity, I'll call you on it each and every time.

Let me know when you've gotten to know someone willing to acknowledge to you that they're transgender. Let me know when you've had a talk with them about the harm it does them when people refuse to acknowledge their identity. Until then, you're just using your religion to justify bigotry and I damn well won't stand silent. --Bob

What harm does it really do them? I really want to know. Every one of us has to deal with rude,ignorant people every day. I deal with the stereotypes and ignorant juvenile things you and polly and others try and paint me as here on this bored, and I don't agonize over it. And I give it right back to you in kind, because that is what people do. We're imperfect. I try not to be that way in real life, but this bored is a safe place. I do and say things here I wouldn't in real life. Does it affect your mental health when I call you bob-tel? If it does my inclination is to think the problem lies elsewhere.

I don't believe BiT said anything about religion in his statement, bob-tel. Is your prejudice showing?

When you say things like "I won't stand silent", it makes you seem very self righteous. Justsayin...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Atlanta, GA
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:


When you deny that a human being having a penis and possessing both an X and a Y chromosome is a male, when you chastise others calling such a human a man, well, then you are not one to talk about rationalizing and disregarding evidence. Your view of what facts are is "whatever one feels the facts are".
When you insist on relying on your religion to disregard people's gender identity, I'll call you on it each and every time.

Let me know when you've gotten to know someone willing to acknowledge to you that they're transgender. Let me know when you've had a talk with them about the harm it does them when people refuse to acknowledge their identity. Until then, you're just using your religion to justify bigotry and I damn well won't stand silent. --Bob

What harm does it really do them? I really want to know. Every one of us has to deal with rude,ignorant people every day. I deal with the stereotypes and ignorant juvenile things you and polly and others try and paint me as here on this bored, and I don't agonize over it. And I give it right back to you in kind, because that is what people do. We're imperfect. I try not to be that way in real life, but this bored is a safe place. I do and say things here I wouldn't in real life. Does it affect your mental health when I call you bob-tel? If it does my inclination is to think the problem lies elsewhere.

I don't believe BiT said anything about religion in his statement, bob-tel. Is your prejudice showing?

When you say things like "I won't stand silent", it makes you seem very self righteous. Justsayin...

I really want to know, bob-tel. People with deformities, scars, other things that make them "different". They also have to deal with the stupid, shitheaded people of the world. What makes transgenders so special that they so spark your passionate defense?
The best solution would be if there were no ignorant shitheads in the world. I'd ve with you if you had a solution for that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:57 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18290
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
When you insist on relying on your religion to disregard people's gender identity, I'll call you on it each and every time.

Let me know when you've gotten to know someone willing to acknowledge to you that they're transgender. Let me know when you've had a talk with them about the harm it does them when people refuse to acknowledge their identity. Until then, you're just using your religion to justify bigotry and I damn well won't stand silent. --Bob

What harm does it really do them? I really want to know. Every one of us has to deal with rude,ignorant people every day. I deal with the stereotypes and ignorant juvenile things you and polly and others try and paint me as here on this bored, and I don't agonize over it. And I give it right back to you in kind, because that is what people do. We're imperfect. I try not to be that way in real life, but this bored is a safe place. I do and say things here I wouldn't in real life. Does it affect your mental health when I call you bob-tel? If it does my inclination is to think the problem lies elsewhere.

I don't believe BiT said anything about religion in his statement, bob-tel. Is your prejudice showing?

When you say things like "I won't stand silent", it makes you seem very self righteous. Justsayin...

I really want to know, bob-tel. People with deformities, scars, other things that make them "different". They also have to deal with the stupid, shitheaded people of the world. What makes transgenders so special that they so spark your passionate defense?
The best solution would be if there were no ignorant shitheads in the world. I'd ve with you if you had a solution for that.
Why this issue is a particular passion of mine is none of your damn business. Given the behavior I've seen on this Bored in connection with this issue, there's no way in hell I'm sharing that.

It's true that lots of people have to deal with shitheads. But when we see unacceptable conduct in those other contexts, we don't criticize those who intervene. Most people (except for other shitheads) generally support people who intervene and generally don't rush to the defense of the shitheads.

I'm seeing conduct here that is unacceptable and I'm intervening. And if anyone doesn't like that it's too damn bad, because there's no chance in hell I'm going to stop. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16464
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
People with deformities, scars, other things that make them "different". They also have to deal with the stupid, shitheaded people of the world.


Spoken by someone who makes jokes about the names of people of Indian descent.

Bullying of people with deformities, scars, and other things that make them different is also wrong, and it's caused some of these people to commit suicide. One difference is that they are rarely killed, raped, or assaulted because of their deformities and scars.

By the way Flock, which are you, stupid or shitheaded?

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:37 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10219
Location: Location.Location.Location
You are crazed.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10523
Location: In Texas of course!
silverscreenselect wrote:
Spoken by someone who makes jokes about the names of people of Indian descent.


Are you talking about Joe Biden? Oh wait, that was Pakistani. Never mind.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.