WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22533
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
BackInTex wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
BTW the foreign minister of Mexico confirmed there was no secret agreement reached this weekend, so Trump needing a face-saving way to back down from his tariff threat is seeming more and more likely.


Why? No deal, a tariff. It's a good move. Mexico is a huge part of the problem and can fix a lot of it, easily.

If Mexico is part of the problem, how is deploying their National Guard to their southern border going to help?

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10731
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
BTW the foreign minister of Mexico confirmed there was no secret agreement reached this weekend, so Trump needing a face-saving way to back down from his tariff threat is seeming more and more likely.


Why? No deal, a tariff. It's a good move. Mexico is a huge part of the problem and can fix a lot of it, easily.

If Mexico is part of the problem, how is deploying their National Guard to their southern border going to help?


I didn't expect it, but thank you for confirming my first post in this thread.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:35 pm
Posts: 7292
Location: City of Champions Once More (Well, in spirit)!!!!
BackInTex wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
BTW the foreign minister of Mexico confirmed there was no secret agreement reached this weekend, so Trump needing a face-saving way to back down from his tariff threat is seeming more and more likely.


Why? No deal, a tariff. It's a good move. Mexico is a huge part of the problem and can fix a lot of it, easily.


At the same time Trump is touting a signed deal and a slip of paper in his pocket, like Neville Chamberlain.

There's no tarrif. There was never going to be a tariff. Trump acted in a fit od pique, and needed a way off the ledge he crawled out onto.

_________________
1979 City of Champions 2009


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10731
Location: In Texas of course!
Jeemie wrote:
There's no tarrif. There was never going to be a tariff. Trump acted in a fit od pique, and needed a way off the ledge he crawled out onto.


And you "know" this how?

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:45 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18564
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
There's no tarrif. There was never going to be a tariff. Trump acted in a fit od pique, and needed a way off the ledge he crawled out onto.


And you "know" this how?
Donny's lips were moving. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlynn78 and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.