Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?

#76 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:22 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Jeemie wrote:BTW the foreign minister of Mexico confirmed there was no secret agreement reached this weekend, so Trump needing a face-saving way to back down from his tariff threat is seeming more and more likely.
Why? No deal, a tariff. It's a good move. Mexico is a huge part of the problem and can fix a lot of it, easily.
If Mexico is part of the problem, how is deploying their National Guard to their southern border going to help?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#77 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Jeemie wrote:BTW the foreign minister of Mexico confirmed there was no secret agreement reached this weekend, so Trump needing a face-saving way to back down from his tariff threat is seeming more and more likely.
Why? No deal, a tariff. It's a good move. Mexico is a huge part of the problem and can fix a lot of it, easily.
If Mexico is part of the problem, how is deploying their National Guard to their southern border going to help?
I didn't expect it, but thank you for confirming my first post in this thread.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Jeemie

#78 Post by Jeemie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:01 pm

BackInTex wrote:
At the same time Trump is touting a signed deal and a slip of paper in his pocket, like Neville Chamberlain.

There's no tarrif. There was never going to be a tariff. Trump acted in a fit od pique, and needed a way off the ledge he crawled out onto.
1979 City of Champions 2009

BackInTex

#79 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Jeemie wrote: There's no tarrif. There was never going to be a tariff. Trump acted in a fit od pique, and needed a way off the ledge he crawled out onto.
And you "know" this how?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#80 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:45 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Jeemie wrote: There's no tarrif. There was never going to be a tariff. Trump acted in a fit od pique, and needed a way off the ledge he crawled out onto.
And you "know" this how?
Donny's lips were moving. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson