A unique view of the law

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: A unique view of the law

#76 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Like it or not, my state is in fact complying with the law -- in particular the Constitution you claim to revere. In particular, under the Constitution, the federal government has no right at all to require states to use their own resources to enforce federal laws or policies. My state has made the political decision to withhold our resources from Donny's efforts, and I can assure you that it's a decision that has majority support within California. If you don't like California's decision, you can either convince us to change our minds or you can convince people to change the Constitution. I won't hold my breath waiting.

And you seem to be utterly unable to resist caricaturing my actual position, presumably because you can't substantively respond to it. So I expect that ultimately my side will win the battle to get the law changed. In the meantime, you can count on me to continue to defend my friends and neighbors any way that's available to me. --Bob
State your actual position without pontificating or emotionalizing and I will respond in kind.
I'm entirely comfortable with how I'm expressing myself. It's not going to change. Whether you change how you express your views is on you. --Bob
I don't know what your 'Actual Position' is on illegal immigration, bob-tel. I'm asking you to express it without framing it in emotional or holier than thou arguments. Is that too much to ask?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#77 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: State your actual position without pontificating or emotionalizing and I will respond in kind.
I'm entirely comfortable with how I'm expressing myself. It's not going to change. Whether you change how you express your views is on you. --Bob
I don't know what your 'Actual Position' is on illegal immigration, bob-tel. I'm asking you to express it without framing it in emotional or holier than thou arguments. Is that too much to ask?
I have expressed my position. Repeatedly. And I'll continue to express it in words of my own choice. Just as you have done. And that's why I'm satisfied that you don't have a response based on anything other than emotion. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#78 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'm entirely comfortable with how I'm expressing myself. It's not going to change. Whether you change how you express your views is on you. --Bob
I have expressed my position. Repeatedly. And I'll continue to express it in words of my own choice. Just as you have done. And that's why I'm satisfied that you don't have a response based on anything other than emotion. --Bob
Apparently, your position on illegal immigration is purely based on emotion and political motives and political correctness. You always seem to declare you've won the argument by ignoring answers you don't like and saying you've won the argument because no one has answered your questions. I'm giving you the chance to state your position, clearly and with no room for misinterpretation, right here and now, on people crossing the border of our country against current law, and you won't do it. I guess by your definition, I have won the argument. You can't.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#79 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:01 am

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I don't know what your 'Actual Position' is on illegal immigration, bob-tel. I'm asking you to express it without framing it in emotional or holier than thou arguments. Is that too much to ask?
Apparently, your position on illegal immigration is purely based on emotion and political motives and political correctness. You always seem to declare you've won the argument by ignoring answers you don't like and saying you've won the argument because no one has answered your questions. I'm giving you the chance to state your position, clearly and with no room for misinterpretation, right here and now, on people crossing the border of our country against current law, and you won't do it. I guess by your definition, I have won the argument. You can't.
Here it is again: Your premise is that our current immigration rate is a problem because too many people are entering the country. I don't accept your premise. In my view, not enough people are entering the country for me to feel comfortable that we'll have enough workers to pay social security benefits when it becomes time for me to collect the benefits I've earned. There certainly aren't enough people being born here to fill out the workforce.

So defend your premise that the United States has a problem in that too many people are entering the country. Bear in mind when you do so that the rate of violent crimes and crimes against property committed by undocumented workers is substantially lower (per capita) than the rate of those same crimes committed by citizens.

And as of yet you've made no effort at all to defend your premise. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

lilclyde54

#80 Post by lilclyde54 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:09 pm

The politics on this board continue to amaze me. The way some of the people interpret and twist things to suit their narrative is beyond me. Oh for the days when BAM was the driving force of this board.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

flockofseagulls104

#81 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I have expressed my position. Repeatedly. And I'll continue to express it in words of my own choice. Just as you have done. And that's why I'm satisfied that you don't have a response based on anything other than emotion. --Bob
Here it is again: Your premise is that our current immigration rate is a problem because too many people are entering the country. I don't accept your premise. In my view, not enough people are entering the country for me to feel comfortable that we'll have enough workers to pay social security benefits when it becomes time for me to collect the benefits I've earned. There certainly aren't enough people being born here to fill out the workforce.

So defend your premise that the United States has a problem in that too many people are entering the country. Bear in mind when you do so that the rate of violent crimes and crimes against property committed by undocumented workers is substantially lower (per capita) than the rate of those same crimes committed by citizens.

And as of yet you've made no effort at all to defend your premise. --Bob
I happen to be busy. Wait for it.