How time flies......

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Im_Ace

How time flies......

#1 Post by Im_Ace » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Way back when..... I'm pretty sure even before ABC got rid of the original board, my oldest had her Bat Mitzvah. The Board was a big part of my life and my spare (ahem) time. A number of my fellow BoardBuddies, many of whom are probably long past this Board, got together and actually sent her (through me) a Bat Mitzvah card.

:::: Fast forward, as I wasn't watching time flying :::::

My daughter grew up. She graduated from college. While her college sweetheart graduated and went to law school far, far away, they remained committed to one another. A little more than 3 years ago, they got married. Mind you, not only have I been able to watch my daughter grow up, but we've actually been able to watch him grow up as well. We met him for the first time when he was 19 years old. Tomorrow is his 30th birthday. Wow. But that's another story.

A week ago yesterday. my daughter made me a grandpa for the very first time! A grandson.

People have been asking me for a long time, "when are you going to be a grandfather?" To wit, I would respond, "I've got 4 kids. I'm going to be a grandfather. I'm not concerned about when." And I really wasn't concerned.

But now I am a grandfather. "Papa Ace" is what my grandchildren will call me. No shit. ACE is my initials and they will forever be remembered. Maybe I will be also.

It's all great. It's all fantastic.

I can't believe how time flies.........
:::: taping my watch ::::

tlynn78

Re: How time flies......

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:33 pm

Im_Ace wrote:Way back when..... I'm pretty sure even before ABC got rid of the original board, my oldest had her Bat Mitzvah. The Board was a big part of my life and my spare (ahem) time. A number of my fellow BoardBuddies, many of whom are probably long past this Board, got together and actually sent her (through me) a Bat Mitzvah card.

:::: Fast forward, as I wasn't watching time flying :::::

My daughter grew up. She graduated from college. While her college sweetheart graduated and went to law school far, far away, they remained committed to one another. A little more than 3 years ago, they got married. Mind you, not only have I been able to watch my daughter grow up, but we've actually been able to watch him grow up as well. We met him for the first time when he was 19 years old. Tomorrow is his 30th birthday. Wow. But that's another story.

A week ago yesterday. my daughter made me a grandpa for the very first time! A grandson.

People have been asking me for a long time, "when are you going to be a grandfather?" To wit, I would respond, "I've got 4 kids. I'm going to be a grandfather. I'm not concerned about when." And I really wasn't concerned.

But now I am a grandfather. "Papa Ace" is what my grandchildren will call me. No shit. ACE is my initials and they will forever be remembered. Maybe I will be also.

It's all great. It's all fantastic.

I can't believe how time flies.........

There is very little on this earth that beats grandparenting.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

jaybee

#3 Post by jaybee » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:49 pm

And some of us are still here.

Congratulations Ace on Grandpa-hood!
Jaybee

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:52 pm

Congrats!!!! You'll be a great grandfather. Wait. You know what I mean.
Well, then

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:02 pm

L'il Ace is gonna have a heck of a vocabulary by the time he gets to preschool....

Congrats! And....
People have been asking me for a long time, "when are you going to be a grandfather?" To wit, I would respond, "I've got 4 kids. I'm going to be a grandfather. I'm not concerned about when."
You never know. My oldest sister is the only one of us five kids who gave my folks any grandkids. But you are the master of watch taping, so....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:47 pm

Congrats Ace!

My oldest, of four, made me a grandfather 10 months ago. While they live 1200 miles away we've managed to see her (granddaughter) about every two months, or more. I'm actually in town on business and got to spend time with her yesterday.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

mellytu74

#7 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:21 pm

Terrific news, Ace!!

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Congrats and enjoy, Ace!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#9 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 am

That's awesome, Ace. I bet you'll be a wonderful grandfather.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

danielh41

#10 Post by danielh41 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 pm

Congrats! I became a grandfather myself in October 2017, even though I am not old enough to be one. My son was only 18 when his daughter was born. But my granddaughter is the light of my life.

eyégor
???????

#11 Post by eyégor » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:18 pm

Im_Ace wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:31 pm

:::: Fast forward, as I wasn't watching time flying :::
Then why were you taping your watch??

& Don't think 4 kids guaranteed you grandkids. My 1 g'child is going to be 16 this year. And Tiny Troll© is 24 ( God I feel old)

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:48 pm

eyégor wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:18 pm
Im_Ace wrote:

& Don't think 4 kids guaranteed you grandkids. My 1 g'child is going to be 16 this year. And Tiny Troll© is 24 ( God I feel old)
I'll raise you four great-grandchildren. :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

#13 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:14 pm

Congratulation, Papa Ace!

Welcome to the world, Lil' Grand Ace.

Oh, geez! I didn't notice this was an old, resurrected thread. Well, I missed it the first time, so...Happy 1 3/4 birthday, Lil' Grand Ace.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#14 Post by Vandal » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:22 pm

Y'all realize the original post is a nearly two years old, right?
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

MarleysGh0st

#15 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:39 pm

Vandal wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:22 pm
As I said, I noticed that just a bit late.

So the real question is, why is eyegor rooting around in the archives, looking for something to reply to? :?

tlynn78

#16 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:44 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:39 pm
Vandal wrote:

So the real question is, why is eyegor rooting around in the archives, looking for something to reply to? :?
Probably because, as he alluded to, the old stuff is more interesting and for the most part, less ridiculous.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#17 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:41 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:39 pm
Vandal wrote:

I was going to reply to Eyegor's grandkid comment, but then I scrolled up and saw I already addressed that issue two years ago....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Im_Ace

#18 Post by Im_Ace » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:30 am

eyégor wrote:
Im_Ace wrote:

EYEGOR !!!!

MY MAN !!!!

Just seeing you (I don't really troll the Board much anymore) makes me remember the good old days. And I mean the really good old days. You know, when there was NEVER any politics. Only fun, frivolity, flirting, and Peahen.

Oh yeah, there were about 200 others that hung here as well.

I miss those days.

:::: knocking myself in the head :::::

And there was the phone game, too.

Fuck me.
:::: taping my watch ::::

tlynn78

#19 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:02 pm

Im_Ace wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:30 am
eyégor wrote:
Im_Ace wrote:

EYEGOR !!!!

MY MAN !!!!

Just seeing you (I don't really troll the Board much anymore) makes me remember the good old days. And I mean the really good old days. You know, when there was NEVER any politics. Only fun, frivolity, flirting, and Peahen.

I miss those days.

Fuck me.
lol - and mooning.

Snow Globe Ass
Merry Man

#20 Post by Snow Globe Ass » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:28 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:02 pm
Im_Ace wrote:
eyégor wrote:

EYEGOR !!!!

MY MAN !!!!

I miss those days.

Fuck me.
lol - and mooning.

( ......................... | ..............................)
You like big butts and you cannot lie!!!!

tlynn78

#21 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Snow Globe Ass wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:28 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:02 pm
Im_Ace wrote:

EYEGOR !!!!

MY MAN !!!!

I miss those days.

Fuck me.
lol - and mooning.

( ......................... | ..............................)
:lol: :lol: :lol: