Donny says he'd accept foreign help to win in 2020

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Donny says he'd accept foreign help to win in 2020

#26 Post by Estonut » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:54 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
jarnon wrote:And despite what Lindsey Graham, BackInTex and Beebs52 would have us believe, there's a big difference legally between hiring a foreigner to do opposition research and accepting information for free from a foreign government.
Does your BS detector not work on Democrats? You don't find anything suspect about this "statement?" Why would she have released this without her signature at the bottom? Why does it NOT appear on the FEC website under either "News and announcements" nor Home › About the FEC › Leadership and Structure › All Commissioners › Ellen L. Weintraub? The first page is the "news and announcements" link, right off their homepage. The second one is her FEC biography page, which has links to TONS of articles, but not this one.
Are you claiming that Commissioner Weintraub didn't actually make this statement?
You have some severe comprehension problem causing you to reshape the simplest statements to fit your twisted expectations. I try not to make claims without factual backing. You should try that. I said the statement, as presented, raised some doubts in my mind. I then listed them.

I claimed that I had suspicions. I did not claim that it was a hoax or a forgery. Is that "nitpicking?"
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#27 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:31 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Opposition research in the form of "dirt" on your opponents is a thing of value, and therefore is a contribution.

Why are you okay with any American politician accepting help of any form from a hostile foreign government? Has partisanship made you that blind to patriotism? I know it's done so for Congressional Republicans because they've had years to do something about it but they've decided to sit on their hands, but you're not in Congress. --Bob
W
Why are you okay with it? Trump's statement was hypothetical. And if you think politcians haven't gotten info since at least Jfk days...risible much?
There was nothing hypothetical about his conduct. Mueller found that the campaign knew that Russia was actively supporting it and was more than happy to accept the support. Now he says he’d do it again. But that’s only a crime if you conspire to get that support, and that’s what Mueller didn’t think he could prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

So you’re absolutely okay with a candidate for President knowingly accepting help from a hostile foreign government as long as he’s on your team. That’s pretty close to the definition of “party over country,” and that’s why I will remain a yellow dog Democrat until and unless the Republican Party regains its sanity. Instead, it looks like the Party is prepared to purge anyone who, like Justin Amash, shows an ounce of patriotism. —Bob
https://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/ted-k ... inson.html
Was this not okay to you?
Well, then

Bob Juch

#28 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:57 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: W
Why are you okay with it? Trump's statement was hypothetical. And if you think politcians haven't gotten info since at least Jfk days...risible much?
There was nothing hypothetical about his conduct. Mueller found that the campaign knew that Russia was actively supporting it and was more than happy to accept the support. Now he says he’d do it again. But that’s only a crime if you conspire to get that support, and that’s what Mueller didn’t think he could prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

So you’re absolutely okay with a candidate for President knowingly accepting help from a hostile foreign government as long as he’s on your team. That’s pretty close to the definition of “party over country,” and that’s why I will remain a yellow dog Democrat until and unless the Republican Party regains its sanity. Instead, it looks like the Party is prepared to purge anyone who, like Justin Amash, shows an ounce of patriotism. —Bob
You're running for the Queen of Whataboutistan again?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#29 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:06 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:There was nothing hypothetical about his conduct. Mueller found that the campaign knew that Russia was actively supporting it and was more than happy to accept the support. Now he says he’d do it again. But that’s only a crime if you conspire to get that support, and that’s what Mueller didn’t think he could prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

You're running for the Queen of Whataboutistan again?
Bob. No. 5his is simply a shining example of what I said earlier. A paragon of yellow dog dem or whatever. My party okay. Yours not. Blah blah. Risible. Look it up. I personally think 99.9 percent of politicians/government are corrupt, and/or incompetent and/or stupid. One must deal. Get a new schtick and fucking mirror-look into.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#30 Post by Vandal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:31 am

Beebs52 wrote:Get a new schtick and fucking mirror-look into.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

tlynn78

#31 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:55 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:Does your BS detector not work on Democrats? You don't find anything suspect about this "statement?" Why would she have released this without her signature at the bottom? Why does it NOT appear on the FEC website under either "News and announcements" nor Home › About the FEC › Leadership and Structure › All Commissioners › Ellen L. Weintraub? The first page is the "news and announcements" link, right off their homepage. The second one is her FEC biography page, which has links to TONS of articles, but not this one.
Are you claiming that Commissioner Weintraub didn't actually make this statement?
You have some severe comprehension problem causing you to reshape the simplest statements to fit your twisted expectations. I try not to make claims without factual backing. You should try that. I said the statement, as presented, raised some doubts in my mind. I then listed them.

I claimed that I had suspicions. I did not claim that it was a hoax or a forgery. Is that "nitpicking?"
His comprehension issues stem, I believe at least in part, from clutching his pearls too tightly.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#32 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:04 am

Vandal wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Get a new schtick and fucking mirror-look into.
Yoda best knows.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#33 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:27 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:Does your BS detector not work on Democrats? You don't find anything suspect about this "statement?" Why would she have released this without her signature at the bottom? Why does it NOT appear on the FEC website under either "News and announcements" nor Home › About the FEC › Leadership and Structure › All Commissioners › Ellen L. Weintraub? The first page is the "news and announcements" link, right off their homepage. The second one is her FEC biography page, which has links to TONS of articles, but not this one.

Speaking of reading comprehension problems, you didn't claim a damn thing. You asked a sarcastic question that implied (with no basis in fact) that jarnon was being misled by partisan bias.

I didn't interpret a damn thing. I asked you to put your post in plain words and suggested a possible interpretation. Now you have done so. You were not "claiming" that she didn't make that statement. You were merely raising suspicions (which have proven unjustified) about its provenance. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#34 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:03 am

Interesting results. Vote to see them.

https://www.pollking.com/?is-it-wrong-f ... government
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#35 Post by jarnon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:59 pm

In the face of bipartisan criticism, Trump changed his tune.
But of course, you give it to the FBI or report it to the attorney general or somebody like that. You couldn’t have that happen with our country, and everybody understands that.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי