Donny says he'd accept foreign help to win in 2020

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Donny says he'd accept foreign help to win in 2020

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:23 am

Out of Donny's own mouth: If foreign governments offered his campaign dirt on political rivals, he'd listen. And he wouldn't necessarily report it to the FBI. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

Re: Donny says he'd accept foreign help to win in 2020

#2 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:39 am

Would that be not as bad or would it be worse than say, paying foreign agents to create false opposition research.

Asking for a friend.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:02 am

Bob78164 wrote:Out of Donny's own mouth: If foreign governments offered his campaign dirt on political rivals, he'd listen. And he wouldn't necessarily report it to the FBI. --Bob
I'm sitting by the Batphone waiting for my instructions about how to spin this ...
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:18 am

BackInTex wrote:Would that be not as bad or would it be worse than say, paying foreign agents to create false opposition research.

Asking for a friend.
Doesn't really matter because that never happened. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Would that be not as bad or would it be worse than say, paying foreign agents to create false opposition research.

Asking for a friend.
Guess we may find out.
Well, then

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Asking for a friend.
Just like there is no crisis at the southern border. Got it.

Your alternate realities will be the death of your party.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm

BackInTex wrote: Your alternate realities will be the death of your party.
Tell that to your new Congressperson.

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:38 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Asking for a friend.
Just like there is no crisis at the southern border. Got it.

Your alternate realities will be the death of your party.

Maybe that's the cancer Gropin' Joe is going to cure: the Dem Party!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:06 pm

tlynn78 wrote: Maybe that's the cancer Gropin' Joe is going to cure: the Dem Party!
For someone from the party of Donald Trump and Greg Gianforte to refer to "Gropin' Joe" is rather humorous.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
tlynn78 wrote: Maybe that's the cancer Gropin' Joe is going to cure: the Dem Party!
For someone from the party of Donald Trump and Greg Gianforte to refer to "Gropin' Joe" is rather humorous.
Yes. It is. Back atcha.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:47 pm

And Senator Blackburn doesn't want a law that would require him to report such a contact to the FBI. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:10 pm

From twitter
Brian Fallon
@brianefallon
I regret I didnt know about Christopher Steele's hiring pre-election. If I had, I would have volunteered to go to Europe and try to help him
Well, then

jarnon

#13 Post by jarnon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:15 pm

Ellen L Weintraub wrote:I would not have thought that I needed to say this.

And despite what Lindsey Graham, BackInTex and Beebs52 would have us believe, there's a big difference legally between hiring a foreigner to do opposition research and accepting information for free from a foreign government.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:21 pm

jarnon wrote:

And despite what Lindsey Graham, BackInTex and Beebs52 would have us believe, there's a big difference legally between hiring a foreigner to do opposition research and accepting information for free from a foreign government.
It's even more attenuated than that. Secretary Clinton's campaign hired an American company to perform opposition research against Donny (the same company that some Republicans had hired for the same purpose). That company, not the campaign, hired a foreign private citizen to perform some of the work. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#15 Post by Estonut » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:32 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Out of Donny's own mouth: If foreign governments offered his campaign dirt on political rivals, he'd listen. And he wouldn't necessarily report it to the FBI.
Way to pick and choose from your own article to support your views. The article has additional context which refutes your assertions here, too. Perhaps you weren't mistaken about "fine people on both sides." Maybe that's just how you operate.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#16 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:

It's even more attenuated than that. Secretary Clinton's campaign hired an American company to perform opposition research against Donny (the same company that some Republicans had hired for the same purpose). That company, not the campaign, hired a foreign private citizen to perform some of the work. --Bob
No one is talking about contributions. Read your source material.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#17 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:48 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote: And despite what Lindsey Graham, BackInTex and Beebs52 would have us believe, there's a big difference legally between hiring a foreigner to do opposition research and accepting information for free from a foreign government.
Opposition research in the form of "dirt" on your opponents is a thing of value, and therefore is a contribution.

Why are you okay with any American politician accepting help of any form from a hostile foreign government? Has partisanship made you that blind to patriotism? I know it's done so for Congressional Republicans because they've had years to do something about it but they've decided to sit on their hands, but you're not in Congress. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#18 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:It's even more attenuated than that. Secretary Clinton's campaign hired an American company to perform opposition research against Donny (the same company that some Republicans had hired for the same purpose). That company, not the campaign, hired a foreign private citizen to perform some of the work. --Bob
Opposition research in the form of "dirt" on your opponents is a thing of value, and therefore is a contribution.

Why are you okay with any American politician accepting help of any form from a hostile foreign government? Has partisanship made you that blind to patriotism? I know it's done so for Congressional Republicans because they've had years to do something about it but they've decided to sit on their hands, but you're not in Congress. --Bob
W
Why are you okay with it? Trump's statement was hypothetical. And if you think politcians haven't gotten info since at least Jfk days...risible much?
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Asking for a friend.
Well darn. Lets have 2 years of investigation on it by a bunch of republican partisans and still claim it happened after the investigation finds no proof that it did happen. That'll be fun!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#20 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#21 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: No one is talking about contributions. Read your source material.

W
Why are you okay with it? Trump's statement was hypothetical. And if you think politcians haven't gotten info since at least Jfk days...risible much?
There was nothing hypothetical about his conduct. Mueller found that the campaign knew that Russia was actively supporting it and was more than happy to accept the support. Now he says he’d do it again. But that’s only a crime if you conspire to get that support, and that’s what Mueller didn’t think he could prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

So you’re absolutely okay with a candidate for President knowingly accepting help from a hostile foreign government as long as he’s on your team. That’s pretty close to the definition of “party over country,” and that’s why I will remain a yellow dog Democrat until and unless the Republican Party regains its sanity. Instead, it looks like the Party is prepared to purge anyone who, like Justin Amash, shows an ounce of patriotism. —Bob

Bob Juch

#22 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:28 pm

"There was no collusion but I'd do it again." :evil:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#23 Post by Estonut » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 pm

jarnon wrote:
Does your BS detector not work on Democrats? You don't find anything suspect about this "statement?" Why would she have released this without her signature at the bottom? Why does it NOT appear on the FEC website under either "News and announcements" nor Home › About the FEC › Leadership and Structure › All Commissioners › Ellen L. Weintraub? The first page is the "news and announcements" link, right off their homepage. The second one is her FEC biography page, which has links to TONS of articles, but not this one.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#24 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:14 pm

Estonut wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Does your BS detector not work on Democrats? You don't find anything suspect about this "statement?" Why would she have released this without her signature at the bottom? Why does it NOT appear on the FEC website under either "News and announcements" nor Home › About the FEC › Leadership and Structure › All Commissioners › Ellen L. Weintraub? The first page is the "news and announcements" link, right off their homepage. The second one is her FEC biography page, which has links to TONS of articles, but not this one.
Are you claiming that Commissioner Weintraub didn't actually make this statement? --Bob

jarnon

#25 Post by jarnon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:19 pm

Estonut wrote:Does your BS detector not work on Democrats? You don't find anything suspect about this "statement?" Why would she have released this without her signature at the bottom? Why does it NOT appear on the FEC website under either "News and announcements" nor Home › About the FEC › Leadership and Structure › All Commissioners › Ellen L. Weintraub? The first page is the "news and announcements" link, right off their homepage. The second one is her FEC biography page, which has links to TONS of articles, but not this one.
This is from her verified Twitter account. I'm sure the FEC website will catch up.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי