Program your VCR

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

Program your VCR

#1 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:01 am

The Democratic National Committee has announced (by text message) the lineup for the first presidential debate.

NIGHT 1
Cory Booker
Bill de Blasio
Julián Castro
John Delaney
Tulsi Gabbard
Jay Inslee
Amy Klobuchar
Beto O’Rourke
Tim Ryan
Elizabeth Warren

NIGHT 2
Michael Bennet
Joe Biden
Pete Buttigieg
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris
John Hickenlooper
Bernie Sanders
Eric Swalwell
Marianne Williamson
Andrew Yang
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

Re: Program your VCR

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:21 am

How can we program our VCRs with this information? No date, time, or network provided. I’m sure it will be on either The Cartoon Network or Comedy Cental but don’t want to waste space recording both networks.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Most of the frontrunners are in the second debate, but in an event like this, it's doubtful anyone is going to get a whole lot of air time. For most of these candidates, the best they can hope for is to say or do something that strikes a responsive chord and allows them to separate themselves from others at the bottom.

Sorry, T-girl, but your governor didn't make the cut for this debate (neither did 89-year-old former Senator Mike Gravel who has now officially passed Harold Stassen for why-is-he-still-here award).
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

lilclyde54

#4 Post by lilclyde54 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Boy, talk about "Must See" TV. Looks like a ratings nightmare.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:31 pm

Both my peoples are on Night 2!

NIGHT 2
Michael Bennet (Colorado Senator)
Joe Biden
Pete Buttigieg
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris
John Hickenlooper (Former Colorado Governor)
Bernie Sanders
Eric Swalwell
Marianne Williamson
Andrew Yang

I predict that Bennet will do a great job and Hickenlooper will be terrible.

I predict that after a terrible performance, Hickenlooper will drop out of the Presidential race and jump into the Colorado Senate race.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:09 am

VCR? Is this a personal appeal to ghost?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:04 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:Both my peoples are on Night 2!

NIGHT 2
Michael Bennet (Colorado Senator)
Joe Biden
Pete Buttigieg
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris
John Hickenlooper (Former Colorado Governor)
Bernie Sanders
Eric Swalwell
Marianne Williamson
Andrew Yang

I predict that Bennet will do a great job and Hickenlooper will be terrible.

I predict that after a terrible performance, Hickenlooper will drop out of the Presidential race and jump into the Colorado Senate race.
I agree. Hick has lost whatever he once had.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:23 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:I predict that after a terrible performance, Hickenlooper will drop out of the Presidential race and jump into the Colorado Senate race.
No one wants to be the first to drop out, but I have a feeling that once the first person does drop out, you'll get several others in short order.

Steve Bullock, governor of Montana, made the cut for the second debate in July after missing this first one. I'm wondering if he'll do the same thing after that debate and announce for the Montana Senate.

We'll need to start a Bob### political drop-out thread soon.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#9 Post by Vandal » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:52 pm

Estonut wrote:VCR? Is this a personal appeal to ghost?

The Betamax is in the shop.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

ghostjmf

#10 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 am

Y'know, anyone who wants to buy me a digital color TV with color & picture as great as that on my Sony Trinitron (none exists), along with a DVR that lets you record to a flash drive or disc so I can keep select programs, please feel free to donate.

You can probably find me.

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:03 am

ghostjmf wrote:Y'know, anyone who wants to buy me a digital color TV with color & picture as great as that on my Sony Trinitron (none exists), along with a DVR that lets you record to a flash drive or disc so I can keep select programs, please feel free to donate.

My Sony HDTVs are far superior to my old Trinitrons. My TiVo can hold 75 hours of HD programs; I don't need more but can copy them to my PC if I did. There are also versions with up to 3TB capacity.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#12 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:25 pm

I don't have a PC or Mac. Would appreciate a Chromebook or equiv so feel free to buy me that too. But at present I would need a DVR that copied things you want to save, & maybe loan, to drive or disc.

BJ, how do your HDTVs do when looked at on the edge.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
ghostjmf wrote:Y'know, anyone who wants to buy me a digital color TV with color & picture as great as that on my Sony Trinitron (none exists), along with a DVR that lets you record to a flash drive or disc so I can keep select programs, please feel free to donate.

My Sony HDTVs are far superior to my old Trinitrons. My TiVo can hold 75 hours of HD programs; I don't need more but can copy them to my PC if I did. There are also versions with up to 3TB capacity.
I just had a scare with my TiVo but it worked out well. It started making noises and having trouble with playback. Then it simply refused to boot. I assumed I had a hard disk problem.

I found Weaknees. It turns out they're local, although they're set up to service TiVos anywhere in the country. I dropped it off Friday and picked it up again Monday. They could have sold me a hard drive for north of $100 and I'd never have known I didn't need it. Turns out, though, that the problem was the power adapter and they also replaced the fan, which was the source of the noise. They replaced both and the device is working just fine now. (It took me a couple of more days before I had cable channels back, but it turns out that was because the cable company also needed to replace my tuning adapter.)

So if anyone ever needs TiVo service, I can comfortably recommend Weaknees. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:56 pm

ghostjmf wrote:I don't have a PC or Mac. Would appreciate a Chromebook or equiv so feel free to buy me that too. But at present I would need a DVR that copied things you want to save, & maybe loan, to drive or disc.

BJ, how do your HDTVs do when looked at on the edge.
Well from the edge they look about half an inch thick. :lol: Their viewing angle is about 170°.

The lowest-priced Chromebook on Amazon is only $105.

ghostjmf

#15 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:40 am

My sister, a visual-artist, refused to believe she couldn't tune in the colors on her digital TV without buying some $100.00 cable with a special name; that is, until she tried.

Sorry, I don't want candy-cane day-glo colors which hark back to the psychedelic era.

And her TV is hooked up to cable, so who knows if there's a diff fix for over-the-air picture.

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:52 am

ghostjmf wrote:My sister, a visual-artist, refused to believe she couldn't tune in the colors on her digital TV without buying some $100.00 cable with a special name; that is, until she tried.

Sorry, I don't want candy-cane day-glo colors which hark back to the psychedelic era.

And her TV is hooked up to cable, so who knows if there's a diff fix for over-the-air picture.
Sonys have several pre-set color palates as well as individual adjustments. I use what they call theater mode for everything which is as natural as possible.