Johnson, Bush, Trump

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
a1mamacat

Johnson, Bush, Trump

#1 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:56 pm

Tonkin

WMD

Iran

must be an election coming...
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

BackInTex

Re: Johnson, Bush, Trump

#2 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:21 pm

There's one every 4 years here.

Y'all got your own problems.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:59 pm

BackInTex wrote:There's one every 4 years here.

The problem with having a pathological liar in the Oval Office is that the American people have no idea whether he's telling the truth now, when it makes one helluva difference. But since Donny certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, I will be asking my Congressional representatives to oppose military action in the region until and unless we get reliable information. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:38 am

Bob78164 wrote:

The problem with having a pathological liar in the Oval Office is that the American people have no idea whether he's telling the truth now, when it makes one helluva difference. But since Donny certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, I will be asking my Congressional representatives to oppose military action in the region until and unless we get reliable information. --Bob
Gee, if only we had a treaty with Iran that might deter them from taking any hostile actions...
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:21 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Gee, if only we had a treaty with Iran that might deter them from taking any hostile actions...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:59 am

Bob78164 wrote:

The problem with having a pathological liar in the Oval Office is that we loonies on the left have no idea whether he's telling the truth now, when it makes one helluva difference. But since Donny certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, I will be asking my Congressional representatives to oppose military action in the region until and unless we get the go ahead from the bat phone. --Bob
I'm glad to see there are still politicians who don't see politics as a blood sport where you do everything and anything you can to make life difficult for your opponents. --Bob

Fixed it for you. You ought to tone down your hate speech. You may need some credibility someday.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:12 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

The problem with having a pathological liar in the Oval Office is that the American people and our allies cannot rely on him telling the truth now, when it makes one helluva difference. But since Donny certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, I will be asking my Congressional representatives to oppose military action in the region until and unless I see trustworthy evidence justifying military action. --Bob
I'm glad to see there are still politicians who don't see politics as a blood sport where you do everything and anything you can to make life difficult for your opponents. --Bob

Fixed it for you. You ought to tone down your hate speech. You may need some credibility someday.
Are you seriously contending that Donny isn't a pathological liar? Simple truth isn't hate speech.

We've already lived through one foreign war that was based on a lie. I'm in no mood to support another.

And I keep telling you. I don't listen to the Batphone. I write for it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

#8 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:53 am

"Tru dat"

however, when you share a continent it is concerning when your neighbour 'double dog dares' other countries. Guidance systems can go wrong.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 am

a1mamacat wrote:

"Tru dat"

however, when you share a continent it is concerning when your neighbour 'double dog dares' other countries. Guidance systems can go wrong.
And winds blow. :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:17 am

Bob Juch wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:

"Tru dat"

Kings and queens of...whataboutistan much?
Well, then

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:
"Tru dat"

Huh?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: And winds blow. :(
Huh?
Makes as much sense as when you use it.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:05 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: Kings and queens of...whataboutistan much?
Huh?
No, what did you think I meant by, "And winds blow?"

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: Huh?
No, what did you think I meant by, "And winds blow?"
Nada of import
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#15 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:The problem with having a pathological liar in the Oval Office is that the American people and our allies cannot rely on him telling the truth now, when it makes one helluva difference. But since Donny certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, I will be asking my Congressional representatives to oppose military action in the region until and unless I see trustworthy evidence justifying military action. --Bob

Are you seriously contending that Donny isn't a pathological liar? Simple truth isn't hate speech.

We've already lived through one foreign war that was based on a lie. I'm in no mood to support another.

Gee, is pathological lying like insisting over and over on national TV that someone is a racist because he correctly pointed out there were good people on both sides of the issue at a protest that ended in tragedy? Is pathological lying spending 2 years declaring you'll wait until the result of an investigation is revealed and you would trust no other conclusion, then when it is released and it doesn't meet your expectations you disclaim it and want to investigate further until you find a crime or make one up? Is pathological lying wanting to impeach a president when no crime or evidence of a crime has been committed? Is pathological lying ...?
I am obviously confused as to what pathological lying is. Please tell me what pathological lying is. Seems to me it is what is disseminated by the bat phone. Are you the source?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#16 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:04 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Gee, is pathological lying like insisting over and over on national TV that someone is a racist because he correctly pointed out there were good people on both sides of the issue at a protest that ended in tragedy? Is pathological lying spending 2 years declaring you'll wait until the result of an investigation is revealed and you would trust no other conclusion, then when it is released and it doesn't meet your expectations you disclaim it and want to investigate further until you find a crime or make one up? Is pathological lying wanting to impeach a president when no crime or evidence of a crime has been committed? Is pathological lying ...?
I am obviously confused as to what pathological lying is. Please tell me what pathological lying is. Seems to me it is what is disseminated by the bat phone. Are you the source?
Sure. He's over 10,000 lies in 869 days. From the size of his inauguration crowd to his lies about his internal polling, he appears to be incapable of telling the truth about anything.

And there are many, many reasons to believe that Donny is a racist. Very fine people in this day and age don't celebrate the Confederacy, a nation of traitors (and ultimately losers) that was created in order to further human bondage and subjugation.

As for the Mueller Report, as far as I'm concerned there's enough there right now to justify an impeachment inquiry for obstruction of justice. Don McGahn's testimony alone is probably enough, which is why Donny is fighting tooth and nail to keep McGahn from testifying. And although it may not have been a crime, I think that a candidate for office who knowingly accepts the help of a hostile foreign government also deserves to be impeached and removed. But that's because I'm more loyal to America than I am to Russia, or to any political party. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote: Very fine people in this day and age don't celebrate the Confederacy, a nation of traitors (and ultimately losers) that was created in order to further human bondage and subjugation.
It's funny how you don't see anyone in Germany wanting to "celebrate their heritage" by erecting statues of Hitler, Goebbels, or any of the military leaders, and they don't name streets or schools after them either.

The drive to "celebrate" the Confederacy came in the early 1900s as a means of asserting white racial superiority.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#18 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:33 pm

Bob78164 wrote: Very fine people in this day and age don't celebrate the Confederacy, a nation of traitors (and ultimately losers) that was created in order to further human bondage and subjugation.
It's funny how you don't see anyone in Germany wanting to "celebrate their heritage" by erecting statues of Hitler, Goebbels, or any of the military leaders, and they don't name streets or schools after them either.

The drive to "celebrate" the Confederacy came in the early 1900s as a means of asserting white racial superiority.
You are scarily, sadly repetitive.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Beebs52 wrote:

The truth is scary and sad.

flockofseagulls104

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Are you seriously contending that Donny isn't a pathological liar? Simple truth isn't hate speech.

Sure. He's over 10,000 lies in 869 days. From the size of his inauguration crowd to his lies about his internal polling, he appears to be incapable of telling the truth about anything.

And there are many, many reasons to believe that Donny is a racist. Very fine people in this day and age don't celebrate the Confederacy, a nation of traitors (and ultimately losers) that was created in order to further human bondage and subjugation.

As for the Mueller Report, as far as I'm concerned there's enough there right now to justify an impeachment inquiry for obstruction of justice. Don McGahn's testimony alone is probably enough, which is why Donny is fighting tooth and nail to keep McGahn from testifying. And although it may not have been a crime, I think that a candidate for office who knowingly accepts the help of a hostile foreign government also deserves to be impeached and removed. But that's because I'm more loyal to America than I am to Russia, or to any political party. --Bob
Of course you are. There's more hate and lies in the drivel that you have just written than anything the president has ever said or done. I really don't know what has happened in this country to make formerly reasonable ( I assume) people like you act like raving maniacs at the mention of the guy's name. I seriously would imagine people who bought Hitler's propaganda in Germany were that way about Jewish people.

Spock

#21 Post by Spock » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Beebs52 wrote:

I submit that whatever the Confederate soldiers were, they weren't traitors. Prior to the Civil War, people viewed themselves more as citizens of a state than of the country. Meaning their primary loyalty was to their state.

Remember, even in the North it was the states that raised the units. For example, First Pennsylvania etc etc

Prior to the war it was common to say "The United States Are."

After the war it was "The United States Is."

That is one thing the war settled.

But that would be too complex an argument for you and it doesn't fit your tactical political mindset.

silverscreenselect

#22 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Spock wrote: But that would be too complex an argument for you and it doesn't fit your tactical political mindset.
As usual, you have no idea what my mindset is. The question of whether the United States was an indivisible nation or a confederation like the European Union was definitely unsettled in 1861 (although the Civil War pretty much settled that issue). Definitely, the enlisted men and lower-ranking officers were doing what they believed was their duty. As for the senior officers, it was more of a gray area. But as far as the politicians like Jefferson Davis were concerned, they were definitely guilty of treason as it's defined in the Constitution (although the relative lack of prosecution was more a matter of political expediency than legal insufficiency). Further, their actions in seceding for the purpose of the perpetuation of slavery (and causing thousands of deaths and enormous destruction in the process) are morally reprehensible.

And that still begs the question of just when all these monuments were erected... not immediately after the Civil War but decades later. They coincided with the rise of the Ku Klux Klan and passage of various Jim Crow laws and were intended not as a monument to former soldiers but a symbol of white power, especially to the blacks in those cities who had to look at the statues every day. In addition, there was a secondary spike in erecting these statues and monuments in the 1950s and 60s, during the Civil Rights Era.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#23 Post by Estonut » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:34 am

silverscreenselect wrote:And that still begs the question of just when all these monuments were erected... not immediately after the Civil War but decades later. They coincided with the rise of the Ku Klux Klan and passage of various Jim Crow laws and were intended not as a monument to former soldiers but a symbol of white power, especially to the blacks in those cities who had to look at the statues every day. In addition, there was a secondary spike in erecting these statues and monuments in the 1950s and 60s, during the Civil Rights Era.
I found the following in the Wikipedia article, List of Confederate monuments and memorials:
Many more monuments were dedicated in the years after 1890, when Congress established the first National Military Park at Chickamauga and Chattanooga, and by the turn of the twentieth century, five battlefields from the Civil War had been preserved: Chickamauga-Chattanooga, Antietam, Gettysburg, Shiloh, and Vicksburg. At Vicksburg National Military Park, more than 95 percent of the park's monuments were erected in the first eighteen years after the park was established in 1899.
You failed to mention that the first wave of monuments also coincided with the creation of the National Military Parks where they were installed. Also, scanning the article for dates in the 1950s and 60s, it appears to be much less of a definitive secondary spike than you make it out to be.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:46 am

Estonut wrote: You failed to mention that the first wave of monuments also coincided with the creation of the National Military Parks where they were installed. Also, scanning the article for dates in the 1950s and 60s, it appears to be much less of a definitive secondary spike than you make it out to be.
Nice try, but if you'll look at the data compiled this year by the Southern Poverty Law Center, you'll see that the vast majority of monuments and other commemorations listed have nothing whatsoever to do with military parks. And, having been to Chickamauga and Kennesaw Mountain Parks here in Georgia, the monuments there are in the nature of tributes to both Union and Confederate forces that fought (and often died) during the battle and are typically located where the particular unit was stationed during the battle.
The study identified 1,747 publicly sponsored symbols honoring Confederate leaders, soldiers or the Confederate States of America in general. These include monuments and statues; flags; holidays and other observances; and the names of schools, highways, parks, bridges, counties, cities, lakes, dams, roads, military bases and other public works. Many of these are prominent displays in major cities and at state capitols.

--There are 103 public K-12 schools and three colleges named after prominent Confederates. At least 34 of these schools/colleges were built or dedicated from 1950 to 1970, broadly encompassing the era of the modern civil rights movement.

-- The study identified 780 monuments at county courthouses, town squares, state capitols and other public venues. The majority (604) were dedicated before 1950. Twenty eight were dedicated between 1950 and 1970. Thirty-four were dedicated after 2000. Many of these are memorials to Confederate soldiers, typically inscribed with colorful language extolling their heroism and valor, or, sometimes, the details of particular battles or local units. Some go further, however, to glorify the Confederacy’s cause. For example, in Abbeville, South Carolina, a monument erected in 1906 is inscribed with a poem that reads, in part: “The world shall yet decide, in truth’s clear, far-off light, that the soldiers who wore the gray, and died with Lee, were in the right.”

-- Excluded from this count in this survey were thousands of monuments, markers, names or other tributes located on or within battlefields, museums, cemeteries or other places that are largely historical in nature. Markers that appeared to be approved by historical commissions were also excluded.
https://www.splcenter.org/20190201/whos ... onfederacy

flockofseagulls104

#25 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:05 am

Estonut wrote: You failed to mention that the first wave of monuments also coincided with the creation of the National Military Parks where they were installed. Also, scanning the article for dates in the 1950s and 60s, it appears to be much less of a definitive secondary spike than you make it out to be.
Nice try, but if you'll look at the data compiled this year by the Southern Poverty Law Center, you'll see that the vast majority of monuments and other commemorations listed have nothing whatsoever to do with military parks. And, having been to Chickamauga and Kennesaw Mountain Parks here in Georgia, the monuments there are in the nature of tributes to both Union and Confederate forces that fought (and often died) during the battle and are typically located where the particular unit was stationed during the battle.
The study identified 1,747 publicly sponsored symbols honoring Confederate leaders, soldiers or the Confederate States of America in general. These include monuments and statues; flags; holidays and other observances; and the names of schools, highways, parks, bridges, counties, cities, lakes, dams, roads, military bases and other public works. Many of these are prominent displays in major cities and at state capitols.

--There are 103 public K-12 schools and three colleges named after prominent Confederates. At least 34 of these schools/colleges were built or dedicated from 1950 to 1970, broadly encompassing the era of the modern civil rights movement.

-- The study identified 780 monuments at county courthouses, town squares, state capitols and other public venues. The majority (604) were dedicated before 1950. Twenty eight were dedicated between 1950 and 1970. Thirty-four were dedicated after 2000. Many of these are memorials to Confederate soldiers, typically inscribed with colorful language extolling their heroism and valor, or, sometimes, the details of particular battles or local units. Some go further, however, to glorify the Confederacy’s cause. For example, in Abbeville, South Carolina, a monument erected in 1906 is inscribed with a poem that reads, in part: “The world shall yet decide, in truth’s clear, far-off light, that the soldiers who wore the gray, and died with Lee, were in the right.”

-- Excluded from this count in this survey were thousands of monuments, markers, names or other tributes located on or within battlefields, museums, cemeteries or other places that are largely historical in nature. Markers that appeared to be approved by historical commissions were also excluded.
https://www.splcenter.org/20190201/whos ... onfederacy
The splc is a hate group.