How to Make a Threat

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

How to Make a Threat

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Daniel Day Lewis 2007 wrote:One night I'm going to come to you inside of your house or wherever you’re sleeping and I’m going to cut your throat.
Christopher Walken 1993 wrote: I know you know where they are. So tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from.
Republican Congressman Michael Gaetz 2019 wrote:Hey @MichaelCohen212 - Do your wife & father-in-law know about your girlfriends? Maybe tonight would be a good time for that chat. I wonder if she’ll remain faithful when you’re in prison. She’s about to learn a lot...
Guess which of these lines were in a movie and which one was in an actual Twitter post today?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: How to Make a Threat

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:49 pm

Last time I checked, witness tampering was still a crime. And since this was a tweet, and not a statement from the floor of the House, I don't think he's protected by the Speech and Debate Clause. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:00 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Daniel Day Lewis 2007 wrote:One night I'm going to come to you inside of your house or wherever you’re sleeping and I’m going to cut your throat.
Christopher Walken 1993 wrote: I know you know where they are. So tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from.
Republican Congressman Michael Gaetz 2019 wrote:Hey @MichaelCohen212 - Do your wife & father-in-law know about your girlfriends? Maybe tonight would be a good time for that chat. I wonder if she’ll remain faithful when you’re in prison. She’s about to learn a lot...
Guess which of these lines were in a movie and which one was in an actual Twitter post today?
Which ones are violent?
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:31 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Which ones are violent?
Which one actually happened and which were in a movie?

You think "Testify the way I want you to or I'll cause you grief in your personal life" is legal? Is acceptable? There's a reason there are laws against witness tampering and those laws don't require the threat to be physical. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:36 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Which ones are violent?
Which one actually happened and which were in a movie?

You think "Testify the way I want you to or I'll cause you grief in your personal life" is legal? Is acceptable? There's a reason there are laws against witness tampering and those laws don't require the threat to be physical. --Bob
But, who made a threat?
Well, then

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:09 pm

It's just advice for the man to consider. There is no "if you do this, I'll do that".
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote: You think "Testify the way I want you to or I'll cause you grief in your personal life" is legal? Is acceptable? There's a reason there are laws against witness tampering and those laws don't require the threat to be physical. --Bob

Who said what you quoted? That is a threat, sure. But no one said that, or tweeted it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:47 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: You think "Testify the way I want you to or I'll cause you grief in your personal life" is legal? Is acceptable? There's a reason there are laws against witness tampering and those laws don't require the threat to be physical. --Bob

Who said what you quoted? That is a threat, sure. But no one said that, or tweeted it.
Apparently a whole bunch of law professors think this constitutes witness tampering:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... sting.html

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:50 pm

BackInTex wrote:It's just advice for the man to consider. There is no "if you do this, I'll do that".
I'm really worried about you, BiT. You're bending over so far backwards to defend Donny and his enablers that you can't help but pull a muscle. Please be careful. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:51 pm

BackInTex wrote:

Apparently a whole bunch of law professors think this constitutes witness tampering:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... sting.html
Dude. It's Slate. Please.
Well, then

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:It's just advice for the man to consider. There is no "if you do this, I'll do that".
I'm really worried about you, BiT. You're bending over so far backwards to defend Donny and his enablers that you can't help but pull a muscle. Please be careful. --Bob
I only need to be careful if I wear a red cap.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:56 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Those law professors aren't on the Slate payroll.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#13 Post by Vandal » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:36 am

Nancy Pelosi on Twitter:

Gaetz responds:
Speaker, I want to get the truth too. While it is important 2 create context around the testimony of liars like Michael Cohen, it was NOT my intent to threaten, as some believe I did. I’m deleting the tweet & I should have chosen words that better showed my intent. I’m sorry.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:50 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Those law professors aren't on the Slate payroll.
No they are not, but then Slate only provided responses from their selection of professors. I'm sure there are professors would provide dissenting opinions.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 am

They don't care about the truth. What the heck did we spend two years and millions of dollars on the Mueller investigation for if they are not going to rely on it?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:02 am

BackInTex wrote:They don't care about the truth. What the heck did we spend two years and millions of dollars on the Mueller investigation for if they are not going to rely on it?
Ask Roger Stone and Paul Manafort whether we're relying on the Mueller investigation.

BackInTex

#17 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:30 am

BackInTex wrote:They don't care about the truth. What the heck did we spend two years and millions of dollars on the Mueller investigation for if they are not going to rely on it?
Ask Roger Stone and Paul Manafort whether we're relying on the Mueller investigation.
What do they have to do with Cohen and what they will be quizzing him about? You know, though you may not admit it, that Mueller's investigation was about Trump and so far after two exhaustive years there is nothing, yet today's proceedings are about Trump because the hired gun did not give the Dems the answer they wanted and there are two more years (really 6) to feet drag on actually doing their jobs.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:30 am

The Mueller investigation is limited in scope, and it's not clear that Donny's Justice Department will allow the public access to it. That's completely unacceptable.

And I don't remember you complaining that Congressional investigations of, among other things, Benghazi were duplicative of work that the Inspector General performed. Nor do I remember you taking the position that Congress should simply accept the FBI's findings that Secretary Clinton's handling of e-mails was not criminal conduct. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:42 am

The Mueller investigation is limited in scope
Really? What scope is that? They seem to be investigating everything except anything that has to do with the dem party. And they've taken a damn long time with it.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:44 am

Bob78164 wrote:
The Mueller investigation is limited in scope, and it's not clear that Donny's Justice Department will allow the public access to it. That's completely unacceptable.

And I don't remember you complaining that Congressional investigations of, among other things, Benghazi were duplicative of work that the Inspector General performed. Nor do I remember you taking the position that Congress should simply accept the FBI's findings that Secretary Clinton's handling of e-mails was not criminal conduct. --Bob
Did we have a special counsel investigation of two years for Clinton? Nope. We didn't even have an independent investigation. I'm not even sure we had an investigation given all the knowledge we have of the "investigators".

And actually, the FBI did find the handling of Clinton's email were criminal conduct, just not intentionally criminal (wink wink).
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#21 Post by jarnon » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:19 am

BackInTex wrote:You know, though you may not admit it, that Mueller's investigation was about Trump and so far after two exhaustive years there is nothing, yet today's proceedings are about Trump because the hired gun did not give the Dems the answer they wanted and there are two more years (really 6) to feet drag on actually doing their jobs.
Mueller was tasked to expose Russian election interference and conspiracy with the Trump campaign, and it’s already caught some big fish. Even if Trump and his family aren’t implicated, the investigation has been a success in my mind.

So far, Trump is accused of offenses like the ones that got Clinton impeached. While many Democrats, including some in Congress, hate Trump so much they’re longing for impeachment, the Democratic leaders realize the political risks, and will support impeachment only if there’s clear evidence of serious crimes as in Nixon’s case.

In the meantime, they’re not dragging their feet. They’ve been passing legislation, including bills (like the DHS compromise and gun background checks) that have bipartisan and public support.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:11 pm

So far, Trump is accused of offenses like the ones that got Clinton impeached.
So far, trump has been accused of everything, so that's not a reach. Where's the blue dress?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#23 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:55 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
So far, Trump is accused of offenses like the ones that got Clinton impeached.
So far, trump has been accused of everything, so that's not a reach. Where's the blue dress?
You mean eyewitness testimony and signed checks demonstrating criminal conduct? Aren't you watching Cohen's testimony? --Bob

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote: You mean eyewitness testimony and signed checks demonstrating criminal conduct? Aren't you watching Cohen's testimony? --Bob
Of course not. Flock's already been told what to think.

flockofseagulls104

#25 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:32 pm

Bob78164 wrote: You mean eyewitness testimony and signed checks demonstrating criminal conduct? Aren't you watching Cohen's testimony? --Bob
Of course not. Flock's already been told what to think.
Darn. Feb 2nd again. I got you babe...