Stevie Wonder to have kidney transplant

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)

BackInTex

Re: Stevie Wonder to have kidney transplant

#2 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:46 pm

Best of luck to him. I have an uncle (by marriage) who, at 81, got a kidney transplant. It's been 1 year. We saw him on the 4th. He said some transplants are good for 30 years. He'll be happy with 10. He looks pretty good.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:48 am

Stevie Wonder is one of my favorites. For a long time.

I still have his early albums I bought in grade school - singing Great American Songbook standards.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#4 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 am

One of this country's musical treasures. Back in 1981 or so, we went to a Stevie concert on the spur of the moment. I liked some of his music (hard not to like SOMETHING by someone who has been around for close to 20 years), but at the end of that show, I was a full fledged fan. One of the best I've ever seen, every note and beat was perfection.

His 70's output was astonishing...Talking Book, Innervisions, and Songs in the Key of Life are masterpieces, and Music of My Mind, Fulfillingness' First Finale, and 1980's Hotter Than July don't exactly suck, either.

May this procedure give us many more years of Wonder-ment.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck