Astros and Angels (Round 2)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Astros and Angels (Round 2)

#1 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 am

Decided to make this it's own post.

And the story continues.....and Marisnick shows nothing but class, as usual.

Jake Marisnick showed us how to live and love on a baseball field last night
Today, ESPN will not show endless replays of a stupid, bench clearing melee’ that happened on a baseball field last night.....They [baseball fans] will not see it because one man stopped it.
In apparent retaliation for the collision between Jake Marisnick and Jonathon Lucroy last week that resulted in injury to Lucroy, Angels reliever Noe Ramirez threw this pitch straight at the head of Marisnick.
Marisnick got up, headed straight to first base, and did not even glance at the pitcher, who was clearly trying to inflict grave injury upon him.
And although Marisnick did not retaliate in any way, not even with a small dirty look, the Angels dugout cleared, and the bullpen cleared, and as the Astros began to come out in defense of their old comrade, this was Jake’s reaction.

With forceful leadership, not mere passivity, Jake implored his own teammates to de-escalate the anger, to quiet their angry words, to sit down humbly and avoid retaliation, to not engage in the silly drama that everyone claims they deplore, but so many secretly crave.
But after a night of cruel taunts and hateful jeers by fans, and even after a fastball aimed at his head struck him smack in his upper back, by his reaction, so completely devoid of guile or anger, Jake deserved a better award. [Astros Heart & Sole Award]
It takes an even greater heart and courage to turn the other cheek like Jake did last night. I have never seen anything like that on a baseball field ever before.

Have you? Where one entire team, dugout and pitchers, all came onto the field ready for a fight, and the other didn’t, because one man implored them not to? Has any baseball player ever done that before?
We all know that Jake did not intend to hurt Jonathon Lucroy. He knows he did not intend to hurt Jonathon Lucroy. And yet it is clear many people hate him because they choose to believe he intended to do just that. The opposing pitcher even tried to inflict physical harm to Jake because he believed that. Yet, Jake’s heart and courage were willing last night to absorb that hate, to end the vicious, seemingly unending cycle of revenge and retaliation. It’s as though he was telling his teammates, “the hate stops here, it stops now. With us. We will not retaliate.”

What a lesson for the whole world. For the feuding nations, for the feuding tribes, for the feuding parties.
To the bored Squads....shake hands and PLAY BALL!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: Astros and Angels (Round 2)

#2 Post by Vandal » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:15 am

Based on the selected sections, I'd swear Shirley Povich returned from beyond to write this article.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:24 am

Vandal wrote:Based on the selected sections, I'd swear Shirley Povich returned from beyond to write this article.
.... you jest!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:15 am

Just saw. Watching rec since it's fucking Ca time...
Marisnick was cool. Announcer said well they had to bean him...I dint know that was a thing.
Well, then

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Just saw. Watching rec since it's fucking Ca time...
Marisnick was cool. Announcer said well they had to bean him...I dint know that was a thing.
Was this your first baseball game? :)
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Estonut wrote:
I know. I know. It's just...
Well, then

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:34 am

Estonut wrote:

Wow... Beebs goes back even before announcers were a thing! I wonder if she remembers Ray Chapman?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Estonut wrote:

Wow... Beebs goes back even before announcers were a thing! I wonder if she remembers Ray Chapman?

lb13
I'm an innocent. I think everyone is good and intentional beaning as a practice is so...
crap, sorry, I can't even finish the sentence. Heh.
Well, then

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:58 am

Beebs52 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Estonut wrote:Was this your first baseball game? :)

lb13
I'm an innocent. I think everyone is good and intentional beaning as a practice is so...
crap, sorry, I can't even finish the sentence. Heh.
It's assault. The problem is, the intent can't be proven. So it's accepted as a "boys will be boys" thing. I don't like it. There should be no place in the game for it. I'm proud of how Jake handled it.
~~ Thomas Jefferson