Regardless of what you think

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Regardless of what you think

#101 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:25 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Sorry BiT, your opinions and perspectives can be totally disregarded and made fun of, because you, like me, are a racist. Just by my typing that last sentence, I have fairly obviously displayed an unconscious bias, and so did you with your post! Everything I do displays a bit of racial predjudice! We despicable people are just too blind with our hatred of brown skinned people to even see it!
For most people, there isn't a "blind hatred" of brown-skinned people. There are actions and attitudes that are harmful and detrimental that we're more aware of now than we used to be. Back in the 1950s, Amos and Andy was a very popular TV show. It played into people's preconceptions of lazy, shiftless, crooked black men and bossy domineering black women and exaggerated them to the point where white audiences would laugh at them. That doesn't mean that blacks enjoyed those stereotypes; they put up with them because they didn't have much of a choice, just like they put up with colored outhouses passing for restrooms in the south.

Most people, when confronted with the actual evidence of what they've said or done, either individually or collectively, try to solve the problem. It's the same as if someone shows a company that some of their products have a design flaw. You, on the other hand, like to feel as if you're the one being discriminated against because you're white and you say you don't have any prejudices or preconceptions so therefore you don't and the only reason we point them out is because you're a right winger.

As far as Trump is concerned, he didn't just make a statement at Charlottesville that might have been poorly chosen or taken out of context. It's that he does so over and over and over and over again, and when confronted about it denies it and then says something along the same lines that's even more outrageous. It's interesting to compare Trump's comments to Joe Biden. When Biden says something that doesn't come out well and someone points it out to him, he apologizes and takes the blame. When Trump does, he denies it, says it's a witch hunt, and then repeats it several more times in more offensive ways.

The American people are getting sick of it, and it's not just liberals and the left wing media. Ask George Will or George Conway or Jeff Flake or Rick Wilson or Justin Amash or any of the other prominent Republicans and conservatives who have gotten fed up with Trump and his antics. There's a reason that the Republicans lost 40 seats in the election including mine and BiT's and it has nothing to do with the liberal media or people getting upset about Democrats calling out Trump on his racism.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#102 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:29 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: It is all bullshit, and it's only fanning the flames of REAL racism, which was well on it's way to being a thing of the past, which is what it should be.
Real racism has never been a thing of the past. Ask any black person if he has ever felt really comfortable walking alone at night and have a police car drive by. The incidents that get caught on cellphones and go viral didn't just start because of left-wingers looking for trouble. They've always gone on; the difference was that there were no cell phones and Twitter to record them and distribute them. There is no slavery anymore but there's a lot of things that still haven't improved the way they should have.

BackInTex

#103 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:22 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: It is all bullshit, and it's only fanning the flames of REAL racism, which was well on it's way to being a thing of the past, which is what it should be.
Real racism has never been a thing of the past. Ask any black person if he has ever felt really comfortable walking alone at night and have a police car drive by.
Having an irrational fear of something because folks like you, the media, and Al Sharpton play it up so much is not racism.

If you want an example of real racism then see the state of California's suit against Trump's new "public charge" rule. Essentially California is saying non-white people cannot (or maybe will not, they don't specify why) support themselves as well as white people. Now that's pretty racist. I don't think the color of one's skin has much to do with one's ability to provide for one's self and family. But apparently California doesn't thing people of color can do it as well as white folks.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

#104 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:32 pm

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Real racism has never been a thing of the past. Ask any black person if he has ever felt really comfortable walking alone at night and have a police car drive by.
Having an irrational fear of something because folks like you, the media, and Al Sharpton play it up so much is not racism.

If you want an example of real racism then see the state of California's suit against Trump's new "public charge" rule. Essentially California is saying non-white people cannot (or maybe will not, they don't specify why) support themselves as well as white people. Now that's pretty racist. I don't think the color of one's skin has much to do with one's ability to provide for one's self and family. But apparently California doesn't thing people of color can do it as well as white folks.
I wonder. I don't feel comfortable walking alone at night sometimes. And I get nervous sometimes when a police car drives by. Does that make me a sometimes black person? Probably not. Black people these days are probably scared of all the lynchings going on every day, and especially afraid of people they hired and gave MAGA hats to that will beat them up and put a rope they gave them around their neck. I don't much have to worry about that kind of stuff.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#105 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 pm

I must be a racist. All the trustworthy, never lie to us media says this guy is a white supremicist, nazi and worse. And I agree with every word he says here.

https://www.libertyheadlines.com/video- ... ity-calls/
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#106 Post by jarnon » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:53 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I must be a racist. All the trustworthy, never lie to us media says this guy is a white supremicist, nazi and worse. And I agree with every word he says here.

As you can imagine, I disagree with Sellers on this and almost everything else. But it's true that journalists of all stripes shade the facts to make their stories juicier and their headlines catchier.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#107 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:39 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:And I agree with every word he says here.
And Trump will make one carefully scripted call for unity one day and go back to talking about invasions and infestations the next day and the next and the next.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#108 Post by Estonut » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:05 am

jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:I must be a racist. All the trustworthy, never lie to us media says this guy is a white supremicist, nazi and worse. And I agree with every word he says here.

As you can imagine, I disagree with Sellers on this and almost everything else. But it's true that journalists of all stripes shade the facts to make their stories juicier and their headlines catchier.
Did you watch the video, jarnon? How many of those quotes have you seen covered in the news?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

jarnon

#109 Post by jarnon » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:45 am

Estonut wrote:
jarnon wrote:

Did you watch the video, jarnon? How many of those quotes have you seen covered in the news?
I’ve heard Trump call for unity and commended him here on occasion. But many of his campaign speeches and tweets are divisive, and lately have crossed the line into racism. I don’t know what he really thinks. He says what his audience wants to hear and doesn’t care if he contradicts himself. Nobody should be surprised. That’s how he was as a candidate.

I read Sellers’s article and another one he wrote on an executive order by Gov. Wolf to fight gun violence, since I know something about that issue. He quotes extensively from a Philadelphia Inquirer article. The Inquirer adds “facts” to make the story more interesting. It says the state police will monitor white supremacists and mentions the recent violent standoff where police were shot. Actually neither of those things are in the executive order. Then Sellers twists the Inquirer story to make Wolf look bad, saying he’s pursuing white supremacists in response to violence by a black drug dealer.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#110 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:46 am

Estonut wrote:Did you watch the video, jarnon? How many of those quotes have you seen covered in the news?
Just about all of them were covered. Again, Trump gives a scripted speech saying something nice and then he sends out a tweetstorm walking it all back. Plus, his scripted denunciations tend to occur after he has been called out for saying something egregious in the first place.

So, in 2 1/2 years of his presidency, someone found two minutes worth of sound bites of Trump saying nice things. You could probably have gotten a longer montage from any 2 1/2 weeks of the Clinton or Obama presidencies.