Good triumphs (eventually) over Evil

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Good triumphs (eventually) over Evil

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:25 pm

Almost twenty one years ago I was working as a deputy in my current office when a young lady, in a small nearby town, was brutally murdered during what was considered a robbery gone wrong. Today the vile animal responsible pled guilty to that act (among others). Now Miranda Fenner can RIP, and her family can have some measure of peace. Thank God, and tenacious law enforcement.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Good triumphs (eventually) over Evil

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:36 pm

Yay or some better version of yay.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:38 pm

tlynn78 wrote:Almost twenty one years ago I was working as a deputy in my current office when a young lady, in a small nearby town, was brutally murdered during what was considered a robbery gone wrong. Today the vile animal responsible pled guilty to that act (among others). Now Miranda Fenner can RIP, and her family can have some measure of peace. Thank God, and tenacious law enforcement.
I'll update her Wikipedia entry when I have time unless someone beats me to it.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:45 pm

I'm pleased to hear that. Though calling him a "vile animal" is demeaning to actual animals.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:11 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:Almost twenty one years ago I was working as a deputy in my current office when a young lady, in a small nearby town, was brutally murdered during what was considered a robbery gone wrong. Today the vile animal responsible pled guilty to that act (among others). Now Miranda Fenner can RIP, and her family can have some measure of peace. Thank God, and tenacious law enforcement.
Done
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:38 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Done

They have it off - a bit. He (along with several others over the years) confessed at least once before, but it was only during the investigation in February this year of a separate cold case (rape and attempted homicide) that took place two months earlier than the Fenner murder, that he confessed again, and provided details this time that only the killer (and investigators) would know.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:23 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: I'll update her Wikipedia entry when I have time unless someone beats me to it.
Done
They have it off - a bit. He (along with several others over the years) confessed at least once before, but it was only during the investigation in February this year of a separate cold case (rape and attempted homicide) that took place two months earlier than the Fenner murder, that he confessed again, and provided details this time that only the killer (and investigators) would know.
I can't fix it unless there's a source. You should call the paper an tell them to fix it in the article when he's sentenced.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#8 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Thankful the killer was found. Truly wishing the family a little closure.

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin