Mueller testimony

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Mueller testimony

#1 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:56 am

He’s doing a great job of not answering any question, from either side.

What’s funny is when someone asks him a question and he doesn’t answer as they wanted, or doesn’t answer at all, the questioner goes ahead and gives the answers they were wanting (“well I think that ....,”)

Just waiting for Mueller to fire back “Then would you please come take this seat?”
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Mueller testimony

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:16 pm

He sounds and looks feeble.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Bat phone responses still being compiled. They will be posted soon.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:01 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Bat phone responses still being compiled. They will be posted soon.
The Trump peanut gallery is heard from again.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:05 am

Interesting the silence on this thread from the bored leftists.

I would suggest that it would be a good time for them to do some serious introspection.

Just sayin....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Interesting the silence on this thread from the bored leftists.

I would suggest that it would be a good time for them to do some serious introspection.

Just sayin....
What, that Trump obstructed justice but Mueller didn't bring charges because he felt that he could not indict a sitting President.

As BiT pointed out, over 90% of Mueller's testimony was to refer people to his report or to acknowledge quotes taken from the report.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:30 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Interesting the silence on this thread from the bored leftists.

Just sayin....
What, that Trump obstructed justice but Mueller didn't bring charges because he felt that he could not indict a sitting President.

As BiT pointed out, over 90% of Mueller's testimony was to refer people to his report or to acknowledge quotes taken from the report.
Where in the Mueller report or in his testimony did he say that? Don't quote Don Lemon's or Rachel Madcow's paraphrases.

Mueller, inappropriately said the could not exonerate. Well, he couldn't have exonerated Gandhi or Mother Teresa, either. It's not something he had the power or authority to do.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:50 am

No introspection here.
(none was expected, tragically).

The only thing I will say: I am sad for Mr. Mueller. I wish him well. I hope others get their due.

jarnon

#9 Post by jarnon » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:13 am

BackInTex wrote:Mueller, inappropriately said the could not exonerate. Well, he couldn't have exonerated Gandhi or Mother Teresa, either. It's not something he had the power or authority to do.
This is the new Republican talking point, originated by a Congressman and echoed by Trump and now BiT.

When Mueller said there wasn't evidence of conspiracy, the GOP was quick to proclaim NO COLLUSION! None of them questioned Mueller's authority to make that decision. Prosecutors commonly decide there isn't probable cause to charge somebody with a crime, or even (as recently happened here) to ask a judge to free somebody who was wrongly convicted. That's called exoneration, and that's what Mueller didn't do with the accusation of obstruction of justice. (But Barr did, so I'm perplexed that the Congressman claimed Barr didn't have to power to do it either.)
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Ritterskoop

#10 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:32 pm

I saw a couple of references from reporters in the room who said it was hard to hear in there; not like it was for us on TV. So it sounds like much of Mueller's asking people to repeat questions was due to acoustics rather than a health problem.

I felt like he accomplished what he wanted to, and that anyone who was disappointed in his testimony had expectations that were never going to be met. I liked Politico's analysis best, where they said Democrats who wanted a bombshell had the wrong wishes, and Republicans who wanted to attack his leadership and his team and his integrity had little to work with.

Mueller wanted his report and his conclusions to stand the test of time, and to be above the fray of party politics. I think he accomplished that. He is still a stud in my eyes. He said watch out for the next round of elections, and that was his assignment all along, was to reveal foreign interference in our elections. He did his job.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

mrkelley23

#11 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:I saw a couple of references from reporters in the room who said it was hard to hear in there; not like it was for us on TV. So it sounds like much of Mueller's asking people to repeat questions was due to acoustics rather than a health problem.

I felt like he accomplished what he wanted to, and that anyone who was disappointed in his testimony had expectations that were never going to be met. I liked Politico's analysis best, where they said Democrats who wanted a bombshell had the wrong wishes, and Republicans who wanted to attack his leadership and his team and his integrity had little to work with.

Mueller wanted his report and his conclusions to stand the test of time, and to be above the fray of party politics. I think he accomplished that. He is still a stud in my eyes. He said watch out for the next round of elections, and that was his assignment all along, was to reveal foreign interference in our elections. He did his job.
Skoop's last paragraph is the critical thing. I can't believe people are making this all about Trump and impeachment, rather than what it should be, which is THAT OUR COUNTRY WAS ATTACKED BY A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT!!!!

And it will be again. And nobody, apparently, cares.

I can't believe the number of memes and other bogus stories that were shared by friends of mine on social media in the last presidential election that were transparently written by people not familiar with this country. I *think* I could identify most of the ones that were actually cleverly written, but still only intended to stir up animosity in this country. These kinds of attacks are only going to increase now that foreign actors know they can be successful. And still we do nothing.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#12 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:37 am

And the point of that would be?

Anyone who expected any grand revelations to support their side wasn't paying attention during the leadup. Mueller tried to tell us he would not offer up much outside of what was in the report. Dems who thought they'd get an "a-ha!" moment were disappointed. Repubs who thought Trump would come out of it squeaky clean should also not be holding ticker tape parades. End result, one side is still yelling "impeach!" while the other is yelling "total exoneration!".

Move along, nothing to see here.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck