Another Big Film Shoot Outside Our Windows

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Another Big Film Shoot Outside Our Windows

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 pm

I get to see a lot of film shoots around my office but this one is a true location shoot. Clint Eastwood is filming his movie about Richard Jewell here, and they are recreating a mockup of the festivities at Centennial Olympic Park (which is directly across the street from our offices), in the exact location where the structures were in 1996. Tomorrow night, there will also be some street filming on the street outside our office, although I probably won't still be here when the filming starts.

Jewell is played by a relative unknown, Paul Walter Hauser (at one time Jonah Hill was slotted to play the role). Sam Rockwell is Jewell's attorney, and Jon Hamm and Kathy Bates are also in the cast. Eastwood shoots very quickly and economically, so this may be in the theaters by Christmas.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: Another Big Film Shoot Outside Our Windows

#2 Post by Vandal » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:54 pm

If some guy comes up to you and asks if he has fired five shots or six, don't answer. It's a trick question.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:56 pm

I'm amazed that Clint Eastwood is still directing movies at the ripe old age of...

Spoiler
89!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Vandal wrote:I'm amazed that Clint Eastwood is still directing movies at the ripe old age of...

Spoiler
89!
For some reason, I now fear for Clint's health after you posted this. At least you and Frank haven't included him in your games.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:24 pm

In case anyone is wondering, Clint still has a ways to go before laying claim to being the oldest director. Portuguese director Manoel de Oliveira made his last feature film in 2012 and his last short in 2014 before dying in 2015 at the age of 106.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/a ... s-aged-106

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:31 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:I get to see a lot of film shoots around my office but this one is a true location shoot. Clint Eastwood is filming his movie about Richard Jewell here, and they are recreating a mockup of the festivities at Centennial Olympic Park (which is directly across the street from our offices), in the exact location where the structures were in 1996. Tomorrow night, there will also be some street filming on the street outside our office, although I probably won't still be here when the filming starts.

Jewell is played by a relative unknown, Paul Walter Hauser (at one time Jonah Hill was slotted to play the role). Sam Rockwell is Jewell's attorney, and Jon Hamm and Kathy Bates are also in the cast. Eastwood shoots very quickly and economically, so this may be in the theaters by Christmas.
This has been in development since 2014. Jonah Hill was going to portray Jewell and Leonardo DiCaprio was going to play Lin Wood.

Apparently, Eastwood doesn't care about the abortion boycott.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:I get to see a lot of film shoots around my office but this one is a true location shoot. Clint Eastwood is filming his movie about Richard Jewell here, and they are recreating a mockup of the festivities at Centennial Olympic Park (which is directly across the street from our offices), in the exact location where the structures were in 1996. Tomorrow night, there will also be some street filming on the street outside our office, although I probably won't still be here when the filming starts.

This has been in development since 2014. Jonah Hill was going to portray Jewell and Leonardo DiCaprio was going to play Lin Wood.

Apparently, Eastwood doesn't care about the abortion boycott.
It wouldn't shock me if he'd already signed financing agreements that required him to obtain the Georgia film credits. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson