Cuccinelli Rewrites Statue of Liberty Poem

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Cuccinelli Rewrites Statue of Liberty Poem

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 am

Emma Lazarus 1883 wrote:Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
Ken Cuccinelli Acting Director of US Citizenship & Immigration Services 2019 wrote:Give me your tired and your poor who can stand on their own two feet and will not become a public charge.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

Re: Cuccinelli Rewrites Statue of Liberty Poem

#2 Post by BackInTex » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:03 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Emma Lazarus 1883 wrote:Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
Ken Cuccinelli Acting Director of US Citizenship & Immigration Services 2019 wrote:Give me your tired and your poor who can stand on their own two feet and will not become a public charge.

He must have copied the idea from Bob
Bob78164 wrote: I wish more would arrive so that I could be confident that there will be enough workers to pay my social security benefits when it comes time for me to collect them.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:11 am

Huh, so why did they arrest over 600 working, taxpaying people in Mississippi?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:42 pm

BackInTex wrote:

Bob78164 wrote: I wish more would arrive so that I could be confident that there will be enough workers to pay my social security benefits when it comes time for me to collect them.
Over the years we have found that helping people through a rough patch is a good investment in our future. But Donny doesn't want our future to include immigrants, so he's doing everything he can to discourage them and to prevent them from becoming citizens.

It's a short-term political strategy that, as it did in California, will have long-lasting political consequences that probably won't be what he wants. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote: But Donny doesn't want our future to include immigrants, so he's doing everything he can to discourage them and to prevent them from becoming citizens.
--Bob
You’re so full of it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:32 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: But Donny doesn't want our future to include immigrants, so he's doing everything he can to discourage them and to prevent them from becoming citizens.
--Bob
You’re so full of it.
C'mon, BiT, you know Trump is the "Deporter in Chief" - oh, wait...I wonder what Bobbo imagines Obama's reasoning was.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:57 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
--Bob
You’re so full of it.
C'mon, BiT, you know Trump is the "Deporter in Chief" - oh, wait...I wonder what Bobbo imagines Obama's reasoning was.
There are variations of deportations depending on deporter. What's wrong with y'all?
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:06 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Over the years we have found that helping people through a rough patch is a good investment in our future. But Donny doesn't want our future to include immigrants, so he's doing everything he can to discourage them and to prevent them from becoming citizens.

It's a short-term political strategy that, as it did in California, will have long-lasting political consequences that probably won't be what he wants. --Bob
Anyone who does not differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants is at least an ignorant fool or at most a purposeful liar. And should not be qualified to have a legal degree, as they have no respect for it. My opinion.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:13 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Anyone who does not differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants is at least an ignorant fool or at most a purposeful liar. And should not be qualified to have a legal degree, as they have no respect for it. My opinion.
Your opinion in this case is misplaced. The policy to which BiT is referring is directed squarely at authorized immigrants who entered the country legally and would like to get green cards. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Over the years we have found that helping people through a rough patch is a good investment in our future. But Donny doesn't want our future to include immigrants, so he's doing everything he can to discourage them and to prevent them from becoming citizens.

Your opinion in this case is misplaced. The policy to which BiT is referring is directed squarely at authorized immigrants who entered the country legally and would like to get green cards. --Bob
Excuse me, sir. BiT referenced one of your past scribes in which you defended your state's illegal policy of giving sanctuary to people who entered illegally. You basically stated ' the more, the merrier' because they would pay for your SS. You conveniently ignored the fact that it is also illegal to hire illegal aliens, so it is inherently difficult for them to pay SS taxes. Sure, some of them use false or stolen SSN numbers or get a Tax identification number to do so, hoping it will put them in good stead. But many obtain work through this thing called the Black Market. And, surprise, neither the state nor federal goverment really has any say in that market.
So your self serving statement is relevant. Don't go changing what you said. You have, and continue to ignore the difference between legal and illegal immigration. And since your sources of 'news' don't report it for you, let me inform you that the President has stated on numerous occasions that he is all for increasing legal immigration numbers. The only immigration he wants to stop is the ILLEGAL category.
But the thing us, bobby, you know that. You are just completely politically motivated, and just will not or cannot see any other point of view other than what your party feeds you. If you could look past it and really analyse it, you would see how full of hypocrisy most of your party's platforms and especially its leaders really are.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#11 Post by jarnon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 pm

This sounds like a parody, but here's Cuccinelli saying it.

In fact it's hard to parody the Trump administration because their actual words and deeds are so over the top.

Next time Cuccinelli is on a news show, they should ask him if he minds when his boss calls an Italian-American journalist "Fredo."
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#12 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Excuse me, sir. BiT referenced one of your past scribes in which you defended your state's illegal policy of giving sanctuary to people who entered illegally. You basically stated ' the more, the merrier' because they would pay for your SS. You conveniently ignored the fact that it is also illegal to hire illegal aliens, so it is inherently difficult for them to pay SS taxes. Sure, some of them use false or stolen SSN numbers or get a Tax identification number to do so, hoping it will put them in good stead. But many obtain work through this thing called the Black Market. And, surprise, neither the state nor federal goverment really has any say in that market.
So your self serving statement is relevant. Don't go changing what you said. You have, and continue to ignore the difference between legal and illegal immigration. And since your sources of 'news' don't report it for you, let me inform you that the President has stated on numerous occasions that he is all for increasing legal immigration numbers. The only immigration he wants to stop is the ILLEGAL category.
But the thing us, bobby, you know that. You are just completely politically motivated, and just will not or cannot see any other point of view other than what your party feeds you. If you could look past it and really analyse it, you would see how full of hypocrisy most of your party's platforms and especially its leaders really are.
First, Donny says a lot of things. But you can tell that he's lying because his lips are moving.

Second, California's policy is entirely legal. The federal government has no right to commandeer the use of state resources to enforce federal policy. As a big states' rights person, you should know that. That rule doesn't change just because you happen to like this federal policy and dislike California. Sauce for the goose.

Third, every study to look at the matter has found that immigrants (including unauthorized immigrants) are a net benefit to the economy. But none of that is relevant here because this particular policy isn't targeted at unauthorized immigrants. He's trying to make it harder for authorized immigrants to qualify for green cards and become citizens.

So as usual, ignore what Donny is saying because he's a liar. Watch what he does (which is how you know he's lying), which is to make it harder for authorized immigrants to get a green card and eventually become citizens. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:48 am

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Excuse me, sir. BiT referenced one of your past scribes in which you defended your state's illegal policy of giving sanctuary to people who entered illegally. You basically stated ' the more, the merrier' because they would pay for your SS. You conveniently ignored the fact that it is also illegal to hire illegal aliens, so it is inherently difficult for them to pay SS taxes. Sure, some of them use false or stolen SSN numbers or get a Tax identification number to do so, hoping it will put them in good stead. But many obtain work through this thing called the Black Market. And, surprise, neither the state nor federal goverment really has any say in that market.
First, Donny says a lot of things. But you can tell that he's lying because his lips are moving.

Second, California's policy is entirely legal. The federal government has no right to commandeer the use of state resources to enforce federal policy. As a big states' rights person, you should know that. That rule doesn't change just because you happen to like this federal policy and dislike California. Sauce for the goose.

Third, every study to look at the matter has found that immigrants (including unauthorized immigrants) are a net benefit to the economy. But none of that is relevant here because this particular policy isn't targeted at unauthorized immigrants. He's trying to make it harder for authorized immigrants to qualify for green cards and become citizens.

So as usual, ignore what Donny is saying because he's a liar. Watch what he does (which is how you know he's lying), which is to make it harder for authorized immigrants to get a green card and eventually become citizens. --Bob
I repeat my statement from the previous post with the footnote that your statement about 'every study' is an example of my conclusion. You don't know every study that's been done on the subject. Just by browsing I have found many examples of those who have a lot more knowledge about the subject than you or I who completely disagree with you. A more accurate statement would have been 'every study that I agree with...'. Just by making that statement pretty much shows that you have a closed mind and will not accept or engage with anyone who disagrees with you and your (IMO) warped worldview. You just seem to spout whatever justifications for your position you can find from your 'news' sources. Last time I checked, California was still part of the United States, and United States law currently holds that any person crossing our border without 'authorization' or 'documentation' is breaking the law. You are supposedly a lawyer. You have sworn to uphold the law, not just laws you agree with. If you don't like the law, get it changed, but uphold it until you can do so. I find your position completely hypocritical. So, as I have found with a previous person, it seems like it's pointless to continue any debate with you.
Just note that Trump may be a liar, but he's not the only one. Maybe some of the people you hold to be noble to your 'cause' are lying to you. Consider it.

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:02 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: let me inform you that the President has stated on numerous occasions that he is all for increasing legal immigration numbers. The only immigration he wants to stop is the ILLEGAL category.
Well, let's just say that if that's the case, he and his Director of Immigration Services don't see eye to eye on the matter.

And let's distinguish between legal immigrants from countries like Norway (who don't seem to be in any hurry to move here for some reason) and immigrants from shithole countries who are, depending on the time of day Trump speaks, either infesting or invading this country.

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:05 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: So, as I have found with a previous person, it seems like it's pointless to continue any debate with you.
Uh, oh, Bob, it sounds like Flock may be about to declare victory and walk away from you the same way he has with me.

tlynn78

#16 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:08 am

Bob78164 wrote:

I repeat my statement from the previous post with the footnote that your statement about 'every study' is an example of my conclusion. You don't know every study that's been done on the subject. Just by browsing I have found many examples of those who have a lot more knowledge about the subject than you or I who completely disagree with you. A more accurate statement would have been 'every study that I agree with...'. Just by making that statement pretty much shows that you have a closed mind and will not accept or engage with anyone who disagrees with you and your (IMO) warped worldview. You just seem to spout whatever justifications for your position you can find from your 'news' sources. Last time I checked, California was still part of the United States, and United States law currently holds that any person crossing our border without 'authorization' or 'documentation' is breaking the law. You are supposedly a lawyer. You have sworn to uphold the law, not just laws you agree with. If you don't like the law, get it changed, but uphold it until you can do so. I find your position completely hypocritical. So, as I have found with a previous person, it seems like it's pointless to continue any debate with you.
Just note that Trump may be a liar, but he's not the only one. Maybe some of the people you hold to be noble to your 'cause' are lying to you. Consider it.

Oh, Flock, Bob claims not to have sworn to uphold any laws, since he's not a prosecutor, don't you remember? :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#17 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:10 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Just by browsing I have found many examples of those who have a lot more knowledge about the subject than you or I who completely disagree with you. A more accurate statement would have been 'every study that I agree with...'.
Actually, no. The one study, conducted by the Heritage Foundation, that stated a different conclusion acknowledged that it did so by (a) including the costs of educating their children (who are U.S. citizens) but also (b) excluding the benefits to our economy generated by their children (because they are U.S. citizens). So the only study to reach a different conclusion had to cheat in a fairly obvious manner to do so. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:34 am

Today, Cuccinelli explained the real meaning of the Lazarus poem:
Well, of course that poem referred back to people coming from Europe where they had class-based societies.
So, according to Cuccinelli: Tired, poor huddled masses from Europe -- OK. Tired, poor huddled masses from shithole countries -- stay away unless you can stand on your own two feet.

Got it.

Spock

#19 Post by Spock » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:44 am

You do realize that back in the old Ellis Island days (roughly concurrent with the poem) that they turned back those who would have been likely to become a public charge?

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:26 am

Spock wrote:
You do realize that back in the old Ellis Island days (roughly concurrent with the poem) that they turned back those who would have been likely to become a public charge?
Yes he does, but they (the left) need votes and the best way to increase votes for the left are to increase their base; those who likely will become a public charge.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:11 am

This guy is speaking about gun control, but it could and should be extrapolated to pretty much every major policy position of the left. Democrats, this is why none of your culture changing proposals will ever work. This guy is my brother. I am with him.

PS: I am a racist.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#22 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:30 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:This guy is speaking about gun control, but it could and should be extrapolated to pretty much every major policy position of the left. Democrats, this is why none of your culture changing proposals will ever work. This guy is my brother. I am with him.

Wow. Interesting. He's running for Lt Gov of NC
Oh, and yeah Ima racist, too.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:This guy is speaking about gun control, but it could and should be extrapolated to pretty much every major policy position of the left. Democrats, this is why none of your culture changing proposals will ever work. This guy is my brother. I am with him.

OMG, so he is! Good for him! Mark Robinson!
I hope he wins, so it's a good thing I don't live in NC, because I would have to vote against him because he has brown skin and I'm a racist, no matter what I do or say or think, because Amos and Andy was a TV show in the 50's or something like that. Just cain't hep it, because I was born with not brown skin unless I get a tan or something, but that doesn't count. Does it? If I get a tan can I not be a racist?
I'm just wondering: am I a sexist because I am male, or because my skin isn't brown, or is it both? It's so hard to keep up with.

Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#24 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Beebs52 wrote:

I hope he wins, so it's a good thing I don't live in NC, because I would have to vote against him because he has brown skin and I'm a racist, no matter what I do or say or think, because Amos and Andy was a TV show in the 50's or something like that. Just cain't hep it, because I was born with not brown skin unless I get a tan or something, but that doesn't count. Does it? If I get a tan can I not be a racist?
I'm just wondering: am I a sexist because I am male, or because my skin isn't brown, or is it both? It's so hard to keep up with.

You're sexist because you're a male. Ingrained. You are so unwoke.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#25 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

You're sexist because you're a male. Ingrained. You are so unwoke.
How do you know? I can be whatever sex I want. But I'm a racist no matter what I do unless I join the democrat party. Or some such.