Six police shot in Philadelphia

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Six police shot in Philadelphia

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:20 pm

(CNN) Philadelphia police swarmed the area near a shooting in the Nicetown-Tioga neighborhood where five officers have been shot, Sgt. Eric Gripp said Wednesday via Twitter.

"Multiple injuries to Officers. 5 PPD Officers Shot - at area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries. Shooting still active,"
Six shot now.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

mellytu74

Re: Six police shot in Philadelphia

#2 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:24 pm

All injured police officers are home. They were treated and released.

The four hostages in the house (two women, two teen girls) were evacuated safely while it was still daylight. Police also evacuated a nearby daycare center, with police carrying toddlers and the older children using the buddy system surrounded by police officers.

Shortly after that, police were able to get the neighborhood stores out of lockdown - that includes people who were eating at the near-legendary Max's Steaks at Germantown and Erie.

The Temple University School of Health Sciences (about five blocks from the shooting near Temple University Hospital) was also on lockdown for several hours. Contrary to early news reports, the main campus of Temple University - more than two miles away - was never on lockdown.

The two officers who were in the house under siege escaped without injury.

Police are now (11:15 p.m. EDT) on the phone with the guy holed up in the house.

The officers were at the house to serve a warrant in a narcotics case. Something big might have been going down because DA Larry Krasner was at the hospital.

About an hour ago , there was a rainstorm in the neighborhood.