An honest inquiry

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
wbtravis007

An honest inquiry

#1 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am

for the people here who like Trump (besides flockofsappybutmeanspiritedandhopelesslydelusionalundisciplinedandrepulsiveseagulls):

I would appreciate it very much if you'd be willing to describe the extent to which you watched various versions and seasons of "The Apprentice," if at all.

I've never seen any research on the question of how much of his so-called "base" is comprised of fans of those shows.

Not meaning in any way to be judgmental here. Just genuinely curious.

flockofseagulls104

Re: An honest inquiry

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:08 pm

(besides flockofsappybutmeanspiritedandhopelesslydelusionalundisciplinedandrepulsiveseagulls):

Not meaning in any way to be judgmental here.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:54 pm

My wife used to watch The Apprentice and I did too occasionally.

I noticed that many Celebrity Apprentice contestants (Stephen Baldwin, Piers Morgan, Omarosa, Dennis Rodman, Gary Busey, Geraldo Rivera) became Trump supporters, though some like George Takei are vehemently anti-Trump.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:01 pm

jarnon wrote:My wife used to watch The Apprentice and I did too occasionally.

I noticed that many Celebrity Apprentice contestants (Stephen Baldwin, Piers Morgan, Omarosa, Dennis Rodman, Gary Busey, Geraldo Rivera) became Trump supporters, though some like George Takei are vehemently anti-Trump.
They didn't become trump supporters because they were on the show; they were on the show because they were trump supporters.

Here's what Penn Jillette had to say:
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/enterta ... story.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:14 pm

There is a better chance of lasting peace in the Middle East than there is for people to make political points without personal attacks on each other.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:39 pm

I never watched an entire episode of that train wreck. I detest reality TV shows. All of them. Every single one of them. Yeah, that one, too.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

themanintheseersuckersuit

#7 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:14 pm

never watched an episode
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:15 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:never watched an episode
ditto
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

pcmaxey

#9 Post by pcmaxey » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:40 pm

I watched one episode when Herschel Walker was on the show.

eyégor
???????

#10 Post by eyégor » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:48 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:There is a better chance of lasting peace in the Middle East than there is for people to make political points without personal attacks on each other.
Still the favorite in the clubhouse for post of the week