Passing observation

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Passing observation

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:39 pm

We live in what we call "the trailer park", zero lot line patio homes filled mostly with geezers like us. You can hear a fart, or the slab sitter hollah, or...
Our immediate neighbor, who is a nice guy, but has issues...mind you everyone except us has weekly lawn crews with jetpack blowers and lawnmowers. Never mind the lot sizes are .05 feet in area.
We just have flowers and shrubs and such. No lawn thank you.

So, neighbor has crew blowwww his yard every Saturday at 7:30 am. Then his installed generator does its power check run at 8. So.

Then, neighbor blowwws his yard, himself, Monday, Tuesday, whenever he has nothing to occupy him elsewhere.

I do not feel bad about peeps over here watching football until 10, outside, anymore.
F#@$%
Well, then

ghostjmf

Re: Passing observation

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:22 am

I live in what we call Somerville, where there are just driveways between houses & lawns are mostly squares or rectangles only as wide as the triple-decker houses and maybe 5 feet to the sidewalk.

I also have a neighbor who drives a power mower "around" this tiny square.

There's gotta be a farm somewhere in Mass or New Hampshire that could use this guy's attentions.

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:21 am

ghostjmf wrote:I live in what we call Somerville, where there are just driveways between houses & lawns are mostly squares or rectangles only as wide as the triple-decker houses and maybe 5 feet to the sidewalk.

I also have a neighbor who drives a power mower "around" this tiny square.

There's gotta be a farm somewhere in Mass or New Hampshire that could use this guy's attentions.
Send him to Danehy Park.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

christie1111
11:11

#4 Post by christie1111 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:00 am

And we have Sikorsky Helicopter. They are exempt from noise ruls. So when it is nice weather and yo have the windows open, you are awoken by helicopter 'rotor tests' at 6 or 7 in the morning on the weekends.

I did call and talk to a nice Capt. who heard my complaint (I was very peasant) and he agreed that maybe they should do that testing at another time.

Hasn't changed though. I am getting more used to it though and recognize the noise and go back to sleep, sometimes.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:02 am

christie1111 wrote:And we have Sikorsky Helicopter. They are exempt from noise ruls. So when it is nice weather and yo have the windows open, you are awoken by helicopter 'rotor tests' at 6 or 7 in the morning on the weekends.

I did call and talk to a nice Capt. who heard my complaint (I was very peasant) and he agreed that maybe they should do that testing at another time.

Hasn't changed though. I am getting more used to it though and recognize the noise and go back to sleep, sometimes.
I think you win!
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Let me add blowwwwing right now. Mon, Tue, Fri
Well, then