UNCC shooter pleads out

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

UNCC shooter pleads out

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:03 pm

The former student who killed two students and injured four others at UNC Charlotte on April 30 pleaded guilty to two counts of murder (and some other stuff, I think). He got two life sentences without the possibility of parole.

We win because it is less than five months later, and this shit is over without him getting days and weeks in court and even more attention. No one has to listen to him tell his story. He can tell it to whoever will listen in state prison.

Some students are saying he should have gone to trial and gotten the death penalty. I am asking why? It would take years, and we haven't executed anyone in 12 years in NC because of the moratorium. The kid whose mom died can say anything she wants (Reed Parlier's mom is mad and the parents of Riley Howell are OK with it), but the students need to do their homework.

I am kind of ticked about this and also I fell apart a little bit tonight over a local Bellingham, Wash., story about a toddler who died 'in a tragic accident'. I was fine until I saw the picture of her (from a month or two ago) in her cute little rain hat. if it turns out it was not an accident, I will be driving to Washington and doing something terrible in the middle of the night.

Not really. But it makes me think I get why the UNCC students are upset, even though it is not at all the same thing. It is about innocent lives being taken earlier than expected.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.