Leaving a New York Times reporter to rot in jail

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Re: Leaving a New York Times reporter to rot in jail

#26 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Oh, there's a scandal. Biden is done.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:44 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:You still haven't explained what exactly I am enabling trump to do.
What you (and I'm using the term collectively here to indicate Trump's core supporters, especially those in Congress) are doing is reflexively backing whatever he says and does, shouting "fake news" whenever you don't like something critical about him, giving him the benefit of the doubt on any explanation he offers, and, in general, giving Trump the feeling that he's never going to be held accountable for anything he does. Your comments about all the good things he's done are the 21st century equivalent of "Mussolini made the trains run on time."

What finally did Nixon in was Barry Goldwater and a couple of other Republicans going to the White House the day before the resignation and holding what would now be considered an intervention. As with Trump, the political reality behind the impeachment process was that it was questionable whether Nixon would have been found guilty by enough Republican senators to remove him from office, but Goldwater and the others were finally able to persuade him what he needed to do. But Goldwater, Hugh Scott, and John Rhodes were men of unquestioned integrity, something sorely lacking in the Republican party of today.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/azdc/20 ... /13497493/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:11 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:You still haven't explained what exactly I am enabling trump to do.
What you (and I'm using the term collectively here to indicate Trump's core supporters, especially those in Congress) are doing is reflexively backing whatever he says and does, shouting "fake news" whenever you don't like something critical about him, giving him the benefit of the doubt on any explanation he offers, and, in general, giving Trump the feeling that he's never going to be held accountable for anything he does. Your comments about all the good things he's done are the 21st century equivalent of "Mussolini made the trains run on time."

What finally did Nixon in was Barry Goldwater and a couple of other Republicans going to the White House the day before the resignation and holding what would now be considered an intervention. As with Trump, the political reality behind the impeachment process was that it was questionable whether Nixon would have been found guilty by enough Republican senators to remove him from office, but Goldwater and the others were finally able to persuade him what he needed to do. But Goldwater, Hugh Scott, and John Rhodes were men of unquestioned integrity, something sorely lacking in the Republican party of today.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/azdc/20 ... /13497493/
I didn't ask you, but I will answer you. No I'm not. I don't do anything reflexively. I actually think about things before I post. I don't yell 'fake news' at everything, just those incidents where it's acutely obvious, especially the rumor and speculation stories (the vast majority of which are directed at the president) that pass as journalism these days. Charlottesville was fake news and useful idiots like you continue to use it to prove something to yourselves. Fake news as the president describes it is real. If you take everything the MSM reports as bible truth, you are a fool.

I am not interested in your analysis of past events other than out of curiosity of your perspective. And you can keep your bat phone references. They prove nothing except there's another pundit in a pocket who adheres to the democrat approved agenda and narrative.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#29 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:51 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Charlottesville was fake news and useful idiots like you continue to use it to prove something to yourselves.
If Charlottesville was fake news, then where were the "peaceful" right wing protestors?

Here's an article about them. Of course, I'll save you the trouble of coming up with a reply. You'll simply say some combination of: "Washington Post. Liberal media. Fake News."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

flockofseagulls104

#30 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:00 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Charlottesville was fake news and useful idiots like you continue to use it to prove something to yourselves.
If Charlottesville was fake news, then where were the "peaceful" right wing protestors?

Here's an article about them. Of course, I'll save you the trouble of coming up with a reply. You'll simply say some combination of: "Washington Post. Liberal media. Fake News."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Go back and watch the Charlottesville Lie video.
Of course, I'll save you the trouble of coming up with a reply. You'll simply say some combination of: "Prager U. Right wing whacko. trump enabler. All Lies."
You seem to have trouble with other perspectives, don't you?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:20 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Go back and watch the Charlottesville Lie video.
Of course, I'll save you the trouble of coming up with a reply. You'll simply say some combination of: "Prager U. Right wing whacko. trump enabler. All Lies."
You seem to have trouble with other perspectives, don't you?
Well, I didn't see any evidence of peaceful protestors, other than some elementary-school level animations and one quote by a Michelle Piercy, who called herself a member of a "conservative group that opposed the planned removal" of the statue. Here's more information about Michelle Piercy, gathered by people who weren't under the time pressure of the original NYT reporter:
Piercy failed to disclose to the Times that she actually attended the rally as a member of the American Warrior Revolution — a fringe right-wing militia that arrived in Charlottesville armed. Piercy also failed to disclose her claim that she was there not as a protester, but as a “neutral peacekeeper.”

The AWR was one of several anti-government, paramilitary groups present at Unite the Right, many of which patrolled the protest with AR-15s while also donning variations of the Confederate flag, Gadsden flag, and American flag in patches on their military gear. Citing “free speech” concerns, these militia groups often show up at fascist rallies to defend white supremacist groups against anti-racist protesters seeking to disrupt.

In another interview, Piercy had a different story than what she told the Times. While talking to Media Equalizer, she disclosed her ties to AWR and claimed to have acted as only “a neutral peacekeeper” in Charlottesville.
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/debunkin ... ionalists/

And you would have thought that with all of those "very fine" people attending the rally, some of them would have taken pictures or videos of all the other "very fine" people attending the rally. Have you ever seen any?