WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: People. Do it
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:57 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10573
Location: Location.Location.Location
If you're gonna impeach grow half a pair and just do it.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:31 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18762
Location: By the phone
Let's finish collecting the evidence demonstrating that he deserves impeachment, and then let's hold public hearings putting that evidence in front of the American people so they can see for themselves whether he deserves impeachment and removal. Then it'll be time to take the formal step.

I'm not sure what your hurry is. The Nixon impeachment took more than a year and it never got as far as a vote of the full House to impeach him -- he resigned first. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:38 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10573
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
Let's finish collecting the evidence demonstrating that he deserves impeachment, and then let's hold public hearings putting that evidence in front of the American people so they can see for themselves whether he deserves impeachment and removal. Then it'll be time to take the formal step.

I'm not sure what your hurry is. The Nixon impeachment took more than a year and it never got as far as a vote of the full House to impeach him -- he resigned first. --Bob


There ya go. Blahblahblah.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:42 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18762
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Let's finish collecting the evidence demonstrating that he deserves impeachment, and then let's hold public hearings putting that evidence in front of the American people so they can see for themselves whether he deserves impeachment and removal. Then it'll be time to take the formal step.

I'm not sure what your hurry is. The Nixon impeachment took more than a year and it never got as far as a vote of the full House to impeach him -- he resigned first. --Bob


There ya go. Blahblahblah.
You have a problem with taking the time to collect the evidence? You have a problem with putting the evidence in front of the American people so they can make an informed decision?

This isn't about having half a pair -- we already know that most Democrats in Congress have more courage and integrity than Cadet Bone Spurs. This is about treating the process with the gravity it deserves. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22627
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Beebs52 wrote:
If you're gonna impeach grow half a pair and just do it.

Yes, let's lynch him.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:52 am 
Offline
FNGD Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 6375
Location: State of Confusion
Maybe I should have intuited that this was a political thread but I am not always so intuitive, and as long as I'm here, and before the inevitable personal insults begin, this slightly left-of-center individual would like to offer my opinion.

Every bit of evidence needs to be gathered and put forth before the American people, as already noted here. To go in half-ass is playing right into Trump's hopes of continuing to play the martyr. Not that his most ardent supporters will ever entertain any notion that he is not our morally upright political savior, but perhaps a well presented case will open a few eyes...a sloppy case will just result in sympathy from those who haven't made up their mind. I do not see the Senate removing Trump from office, so the final judge would be the American people in 2020...thus the need to clearly and definitively spell out the reasons why this man should not be our wannabe dictator for another four years. Hopefully enough people will actually pay enough attention that they can make an informed decision.

How many smoke alarms have to go off before we realize there just MAY be a fire?

_________________
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10832
Location: In Texas of course!
T_Bone0806 wrote:
How many smoke alarms have to go off before we realize there just MAY be a fire?


If the kids in the House would quit pulling the alarms to get out of doing their work we would have a better view of whether there is a fire or not.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4955
Location: Merion, Pa.
The House is moving towards impeachment at breakneck speed IMHO. But if Beebs52 hopes they’ll get done with it and move on, she’ll be disappointed. Multiple investigations by other House committees and law enforcement agencies are nowhere near done, and they’ll continue for years. (The final report on Clinton’s 2013 emails was released this week.)


Last edited by jarnon on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22627
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
trump's coming on TV in a few minutes. Let's see how deeper he digs his hole.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6843
Location: Montana
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Let's finish collecting the evidence demonstrating that he deserves impeachment, and then let's hold public hearings putting that evidence in front of the American people so they can see for themselves whether he deserves impeachment and removal. Then it'll be time to take the formal step.

I'm not sure what your hurry is. The Nixon impeachment took more than a year and it never got as far as a vote of the full House to impeach him -- he resigned first. --Bob


There ya go. Blahblahblah.
You have a problem with taking the time to collect the evidence? You have a problem with putting the evidence in front of the American people so they can make an informed decision?

This isn't about having half a pair -- we already know that most Democrats in Congress have more courage and integrity than Cadet Bone Spurs. This is about treating the process with the gravity it deserves. --Bob



Did you cut and paste that from the Kavanaugh thread?

_________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22627
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Bob Juch wrote:
trump's coming on TV in a few minutes. Let's see how deeper he digs his hole.

So he takes credit for stopping a war he started. :evil:

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5139
Location: Atlanta, GA
I got an idea. Let's have an election and let the people decide, instead of letting the democrats use their power for personal political purposes.

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10832
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
trump's coming on TV in a few minutes. Let's see how deeper he digs his hole.

So he takes credit for stopping a war he started. :evil:


What war did Trump start?

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5139
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
trump's coming on TV in a few minutes. Let's see how deeper he digs his hole.

So he takes credit for stopping a war he started. :evil:


OK, so you've now admitted be stopped the war. No going back on that, unless it starts up again. Middle East countries have a history of breaking cease fire agreements.

I believe we've just pulled our troops out of the area. Turkey started the attacks, not us. Those are two FACTS. Dispute them.

Maybe we can agree that stopping a war, no matter what your OPINION of who started it, is a good thing, not an evil thing?

Let's hope the Turks and Kurds do not start fighting again.

My problem is still what actions russia, china and iran will take because of the withdrawal.

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:16 am 
Offline
11:11
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 11583
Location: CT
T_Bone0806 wrote:
Maybe I should have intuited that this was a political thread but I am not always so intuitive, and as long as I'm here, and before the inevitable personal insults begin, this slightly left-of-center individual would like to offer my opinion.

Every bit of evidence needs to be gathered and put forth before the American people, as already noted here. To go in half-ass is playing right into Trump's hopes of continuing to play the martyr. Not that his most ardent supporters will ever entertain any notion that he is not our morally upright political savior, but perhaps a well presented case will open a few eyes...a sloppy case will just result in sympathy from those who haven't made up their mind. I do not see the Senate removing Trump from office, so the final judge would be the American people in 2020...thus the need to clearly and definitively spell out the reasons why this man should not be our wannabe dictator for another four years. Hopefully enough people will actually pay enough attention that they can make an informed decision.

How many smoke alarms have to go off before we realize there just MAY be a fire?


Weighing in in a political thread. Sigh.

I am with T-Bone on this. If it doesn't get done right then it won't get done and people will not know as many fact as can be obtained. At least i a reasonable amount of time. In the mean time, he is just gather more rope, not for a lynching but to hang himself. A BTW, I found his use of that word unforgivable.

_________________
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10832
Location: In Texas of course!
christie1111 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:
Maybe I should have intuited that this was a political thread but I am not always so intuitive, and as long as I'm here, and before the inevitable personal insults begin, this slightly left-of-center individual would like to offer my opinion.

Every bit of evidence needs to be gathered and put forth before the American people, as already noted here. To go in half-ass is playing right into Trump's hopes of continuing to play the martyr. Not that his most ardent supporters will ever entertain any notion that he is not our morally upright political savior, but perhaps a well presented case will open a few eyes...a sloppy case will just result in sympathy from those who haven't made up their mind. I do not see the Senate removing Trump from office, so the final judge would be the American people in 2020...thus the need to clearly and definitively spell out the reasons why this man should not be our wannabe dictator for another four years. Hopefully enough people will actually pay enough attention that they can make an informed decision.

How many smoke alarms have to go off before we realize there just MAY be a fire?


Weighing in in a political thread. Sigh.

I am with T-Bone on this. If it doesn't get done right then it won't get done and people will not know as many fact as can be obtained. At least i a reasonable amount of time. In the mean time, he is just gather more rope, not for a lynching but to hang himself. A BTW, I found his use of that word unforgivable.


My (our) issue is that the "investigating" began at 2:30AM EST on 11/9/2016. And it hasn't stopped. What they have investigated has changed, many many times. When does it stop? When will the duly elected President get to be President, unimpeded by political hackism? It is obvious to anyone that these investigations have one purpose, and it is not to determine the truth, but to get Trump out of Hillary's White House. Sure, there may be a little fire where you see smoke, but most of the smoke over the last 3 years has only been what the DNC and Democrats have been blowing up the American citizens' collective ass.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5139
Location: Atlanta, GA
christie1111 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:
Maybe I should have intuited that this was a political thread but I am not always so intuitive, and as long as I'm here, and before the inevitable personal insults begin, this slightly left-of-center individual would like to offer my opinion.

Every bit of evidence needs to be gathered and put forth before the American people, as already noted here. To go in half-ass is playing right into Trump's hopes of continuing to play the martyr. Not that his most ardent supporters will ever entertain any notion that he is not our morally upright political savior, but perhaps a well presented case will open a few eyes...a sloppy case will just result in sympathy from those who haven't made up their mind. I do not see the Senate removing Trump from office, so the final judge would be the American people in 2020...thus the need to clearly and definitively spell out the reasons why this man should not be our wannabe dictator for another four years. Hopefully enough people will actually pay enough attention that they can make an informed decision.

How many smoke alarms have to go off before we realize there just MAY be a fire?


Weighing in in a political thread. Sigh.

I am with T-Bone on this. If it doesn't get done right then it won't get done and people will not know as many fact as can be obtained. At least i a reasonable amount of time. In the mean time, he is just gather more rope, not for a lynching but to hang himself. A BTW, I found his use of that word unforgivable.

See the other thread for a discussion of the words 'lynch' and 'lynching', christie.

I am with BiT on this one. When will they stop investigating and come to a conclusion? Do you think they ever will? And several entities are investigating the people who are doing the never-ending investigations to see what their motives and methods are based on. Will the results of those investigations be given equal status in the list of 'as many facts as can be obtained'? I hear a lot of smoke alarms going off in that direction.

And, BTW, in what way is he being a dictator? Because partisan hacks that have your ear have accused him of that? What evidence do you have to support that accusation? Please be specific.

PS: and furthermore, A lot of the people who are leading this partisan charade of impeaching trump have been in their positions since Bill Clinton was President, or even before. A president can only serve 8 years at most and must put themselves up for re-election after 4 years. (Unless the opposition party successfully impeaches them for purely political reasons.Then it will happen EVERY election. Dems never worry about establishing dangerous precedents.) These senators and congress people (on both sides of the aisle, btw) keep their positions for life. (I am as much against the McConnells and McCains as I am the Pelosis and Schumers). Who are the dictators here?
When trump decides he can run for a third term, then I will concede your point.

Another point: Even if one of the multiple investigations does come up with a credible charge against the president, half the country won't believe it because of all the other nonsensical and petty claims the dems have put up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes it. You can only cry wolf so many times.

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:43 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18762
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I got an idea. Let's have an election and let the people decide, instead of letting the democrats use their power for personal political purposes.
Hmmm. Wasn't an election how the Democrats acquired the power to impeach Donny? --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5139
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I got an idea. Let's have an election and let the people decide, instead of letting the democrats use their power for personal political purposes.
Hmmm. Wasn't an election how the Democrats acquired the power to impeach Donny? --Bob


Hmmmm. I hadn't heard they took the senate. It would be pretty hard to impeach and convict him without many votes in the senate.

So that's why democrats won seats. To impeach the president? So you admitted it. No taking it back. Pretty partisan thing to do. I guess the next time a democrat president is elected with a republican congress, the republicans are duty bound and have precedent to undo the election simply because they didn't like the result. And then YOU'LL cry about it.
But I'm sure your prediction that the republican party will be gone in a couple of years will come true. They will probably all be lynched or something. So you still have hope.

Now I thought I heard some dem or another say they could walk and chew gum at the same time. All they seem to be doing is chewing gum.

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:01 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18762
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I got an idea. Let's have an election and let the people decide, instead of letting the democrats use their power for personal political purposes.
Hmmm. Wasn't an election how the Democrats acquired the power to impeach Donny? --Bob


Hmmmm. I hadn't heard they took the senate. It would be pretty hard to impeach and convict him without many votes in the senate.

So that's why democrats won seats. To impeach the president? So you admitted it. No taking it back. Pretty partisan thing to do. I guess the next time a democrat president is elected with a republican congress, the republicans are duty bound and have precedent to undo the election simply because they didn't like the result. And then YOU'LL cry about it.
But I'm sure your prediction that the republican party will be gone in a couple of years will come true. They will probably all be lynched or something. So you still have hope.

Now I thought I heard some dem or another say they could walk and chew gum at the same time. All they seem to be doing is chewing gum.
Read what I said. I didn't say that's why they took it. I said that's a result of them taking it. And I'm pretty sure that the American people were well aware when they were voting that the House has that power. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:59 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10573
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Hmmm. Wasn't an election how the Democrats acquired the power to impeach Donny? --Bob


Hmmmm. I hadn't heard they took the senate. It would be pretty hard to impeach and convict him without many votes in the senate.

So that's why democrats won seats. To impeach the president? So you admitted it. No taking it back. Pretty partisan thing to do. I guess the next time a democrat president is elected with a republican congress, the republicans are duty bound and have precedent to undo the election simply because they didn't like the result. And then YOU'LL cry about it.
But I'm sure your prediction that the republican party will be gone in a couple of years will come true. They will probably all be lynched or something. So you still have hope.

Now I thought I heard some dem or another say they could walk and chew gum at the same time. All they seem to be doing is chewing gum.
Read what I said. I didn't say that's why they took it. I said that's a result of them taking it. And I'm pretty sure that the American people were well aware when they were voting that the House has that power. --Bob

You are saying that every dem vote cast was made to facilitate impeachment?

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:26 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18762
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Hmmmm. I hadn't heard they took the senate. It would be pretty hard to impeach and convict him without many votes in the senate.

So that's why democrats won seats. To impeach the president? So you admitted it. No taking it back. Pretty partisan thing to do. I guess the next time a democrat president is elected with a republican congress, the republicans are duty bound and have precedent to undo the election simply because they didn't like the result. And then YOU'LL cry about it.
But I'm sure your prediction that the republican party will be gone in a couple of years will come true. They will probably all be lynched or something. So you still have hope.

Now I thought I heard some dem or another say they could walk and chew gum at the same time. All they seem to be doing is chewing gum.
Read what I said. I didn't say that's why they took it. I said that's a result of them taking it. And I'm pretty sure that the American people were well aware when they were voting that the House has that power. --Bob

You are saying that every dem vote cast was made to facilitate impeachment?
No, I'm saying that no one is surprised that real oversight, with impeachment as a possible consequence, was a result of their vote. And given that polling now has more than 50% of the public supporting impeachment and a plurality supporting removal, I don't think the people who installed the Democratic majority have a problem with how this is being handled.

I think most people voted Democratic because Republicans' economic policies on both taxes and health care truly suck. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:38 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10573
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Read what I said. I didn't say that's why they took it. I said that's a result of them taking it. And I'm pretty sure that the American people were well aware when they were voting that the House has that power. --Bob

You are saying that every dem vote cast was made to facilitate impeachment?
No, I'm saying that no one is surprised that real oversight, with impeachment as a possible consequence, was a result of their vote. And given that polling now has more than 50% of the public supporting impeachment and a plurality supporting removal, I don't think the people who installed the Democratic majority have a problem with how this is being handled.

I think most people voted Democratic because Republicans' economic policies on both taxes and health care truly suck. --Bob


But but Hilz was supposed to win. What to impeach then? Snicker

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22627
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I got an idea. Let's have an election and let the people decide, instead of letting the democrats use their power for personal political purposes.

Do you mean the 56% who want trump impeached should vote him out of office instead of relying on their representatives?

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10832
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I got an idea. Let's have an election and let the people decide, instead of letting the democrats use their power for personal political purposes.

Do you mean the 56% who want trump impeached should vote him out of office instead of relying on their representatives?


Fortunately a large portion of that 56% can't, don't, or won't vote.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.