WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:21 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18766
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I got an idea. Let's have an election and let the people decide, instead of letting the democrats use their power for personal political purposes.

Do you mean the 56% who want trump impeached should vote him out of office instead of relying on their representatives?


Fortunately a large portion of that 56% can't, don't, or won't vote.
And in part that's because states like Texas are going out of their way to make it harder for them to do so. Especially if they're students.

They were particularly brazen in New Hampshire, erecting barriers because students are "“kids voting liberal, voting their feelings, with no life experience.” In Wisconsin, the Republican Legislature has erected several ridiculous barriers to the use of student IDs. Texas and Tennessee don't accept student IDs at all. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:05 am 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10575
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Do you mean the 56% who want trump impeached should vote him out of office instead of relying on their representatives?


Fortunately a large portion of that 56% can't, don't, or won't vote.
And in part that's because states like Texas are going out of their way to make it harder for them to do so. Especially if they're students.

They were particularly brazen in New Hampshire, erecting barriers because students are "“kids voting liberal, voting their feelings, with no life experience.” In Wisconsin, the Republican Legislature has erected several ridiculous barriers to the use of student IDs. Texas and Tennessee don't accept student IDs at all. --Bob


Boo hoo. States' rights yada yada.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:07 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18766
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
If you're gonna impeach grow half a pair and just do it.
Boo hoo. House Rules. Get over it. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:26 am 
Offline
FNGD Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 6376
Location: State of Confusion
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
And, BTW, in what way is he being a dictator? Because partisan hacks that have your ear have accused him of that? What evidence do you have to support that accusation? Please be specific.


Although I believe this to be an exercise in futility, I will try to answer you. It seems obvious to me that I will not change your mind, and you will not change my mind, but here goes..

SPECIFICALLY, I used the term WANNABE. This is to imply that his words and behavior mimic those of someone who wants to wield unquestioned authority. It is my perception of his actions. Among them:

1-Declaring the press as "Enemy of the American people" and vilifying those who report anything painting him in a negative light while praising outlets aka Fox News Channel as the last bastion of journalistic integrity.

2-Demonizing an entire ethnic group while building up nationalistic fever (Mexican immigrants labeled as drug dealers, criminals and rapists).

3-Declaring national emergency, threaten governmental shutdowns, etc., whenever he doesn't get his way.

4-Wanting to throw a big military parade which seemed designed less to celebrate our country's anniversary of independence and more to glorify himself and the power at his command.

5- Riling up his supporters into a frenzy with chants advocating the imprisonment of his political rivals.

6- Refusing to accept any evidence of infallibility in the power he wields, such as his inability to deal with the general election results, almost 3 years later, insisting that the winning margin was the result of illegal votes.

That's just off the top of my head. Let's not forget the open admiration he's expressed, either personally or for the way they get things done, for Kim Jong-un, Mohammed bin Salman, Erdogan, and of course, his BFF Putin.



Quote:
When trump decides he can run for a third term, then I will concede your point.


Which I think he would love to do. Remember when he talked about Chinese President Xi's abolishment of term limits and "joked" that maybe the U.S. should try it some day? Yes, yes, he was "joking". First of all, Trump HAS no sense of humor..although apparently he THINKS he does, because every time he needs to walk something back, he or his supporters use the "he was only joking" defense. I can't help but get the feeling that, of course he was joking, but as unlikely as it may sound, it was also dipping a little toe in the water to see just how warm it was. If only to rile up his fanbase with a new rallying cry. I know a number of people who quite often joke about something to gauge reaction.


Quote:
Another point: Even if one of the multiple investigations does come up with a credible charge against the president, half the country won't believe it because of all the other nonsensical and petty claims the dems have put up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes it. You can only cry wolf so many times.



Half the country won't believe it because of the "fake news" and "witch hunt" beliefs he has instilled in them.


Bottom line, if you don't like the term "wannabe dictator", let me offer up something that might be a little more palatable. The mindset the president seems to be demonstrating is that of someone who feels that being President of the United States should be the same as being the head of The Trump Organization, in that his word and his decisions are law, and where everyone works under him...Attorney General, Dept. of Justice, Congress...all are working for HIM, not the American people. Complete and unswerving loyalty are demanded without any guarantees of reciprocation, and termination is swift and accompanied by public laceration on Twitter or elsewhere when one does not toe the line. Everything he does, it seems to me, is done for personal gain or glory. He is The Boss, 100 percent, and everyone else is answerable to him.

There. Said what I wanted to. I have no interest in prolonging this further or joining in the political mayhem and certainly not in letting things escalate into the kind of personal attacks that have dominated this place lately but did want to respond to your question. I have given you my opinions and perceptions, and will now go back to playing bored challenges and wishing happy birthdays.

_________________
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6843
Location: Montana
T_Bone0806 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
And, BTW, in what way is he being a dictator? Because partisan hacks that have your ear have accused him of that? What evidence do you have to support that accusation? Please be specific.


Although I believe this to be an exercise in futility, I will try to answer you. It seems obvious to me that I will not change your mind, and you will not change my mind, but here goes..

SPECIFICALLY, I used the term WANNABE. This is to imply that his words and behavior mimic those of someone who wants to wield unquestioned authority. It is my perception of his actions. Among them:

1-Declaring the press as "Enemy of the American people" and vilifying those who report anything painting him in a negative light while praising outlets aka Fox News Channel as the last bastion of journalistic integrity.

2-Demonizing an entire ethnic group while building up nationalistic fever (Mexican immigrants labeled as drug dealers, criminals and rapists).

3-Declaring national emergency, threaten governmental shutdowns, etc., whenever he doesn't get his way.

4-Wanting to throw a big military parade which seemed designed less to celebrate our country's anniversary of independence and more to glorify himself and the power at his command.

5- Riling up his supporters into a frenzy with chants advocating the imprisonment of his political rivals.

6- Refusing to accept any evidence of infallibility in the power he wields, such as his inability to deal with the general election results, almost 3 years later, insisting that the winning margin was the result of illegal votes.

That's just off the top of my head. Let's not forget the open admiration he's expressed, either personally or for the way they get things done, for Kim Jong-un, Mohammed bin Salman, Erdogan, and of course, his BFF Putin.



Quote:
When trump decides he can run for a third term, then I will concede your point.


Which I think he would love to do. Remember when he talked about Chinese President Xi's abolishment of term limits and "joked" that maybe the U.S. should try it some day? Yes, yes, he was "joking". First of all, Trump HAS no sense of humor..although apparently he THINKS he does, because every time he needs to walk something back, he or his supporters use the "he was only joking" defense. I can't help but get the feeling that, of course he was joking, but as unlikely as it may sound, it was also dipping a little toe in the water to see just how warm it was. If only to rile up his fanbase with a new rallying cry. I know a number of people who quite often joke about something to gauge reaction.


Quote:
Another point: Even if one of the multiple investigations does come up with a credible charge against the president, half the country won't believe it because of all the other nonsensical and petty claims the dems have put up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes it. You can only cry wolf so many times.



Half the country won't believe it because of the "fake news" and "witch hunt" beliefs he has instilled in them.


Bottom line, if you don't like the term "wannabe dictator", let me offer up something that might be a little more palatable. The mindset the president seems to be demonstrating is that of someone who feels that being President of the United States should be the same as being the head of The Trump Organization, in that his word and his decisions are law, and where everyone works under him...Attorney General, Dept. of Justice, Congress...all are working for HIM, not the American people. Complete and unswerving loyalty are demanded without any guarantees of reciprocation, and termination is swift and accompanied by public laceration on Twitter or elsewhere when one does not toe the line. Everything he does, it seems to me, is done for personal gain or glory. He is The Boss, 100 percent, and everyone else is answerable to him.

There. Said what I wanted to. I have no interest in prolonging this further or joining in the political mayhem and certainly not in letting things escalate into the kind of personal attacks that have dominated this place lately but did want to respond to your question. I have given you my opinions and perceptions, and will now go back to playing bored challenges and wishing happy birthdays.


And I'll just say it's fascinating how our biases inform our opinions.

_________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:33 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10575
Location: Location.Location.Location
tlynn78 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
And, BTW, in what way is he being a dictator? Because partisan hacks that have your ear have accused him of that? What evidence do you have to support that accusation? Please be specific.


Although I believe this to be an exercise in futility, I will try to answer you. It seems obvious to me that I will not change your mind, and you will not change my mind, but here goes..

SPECIFICALLY, I used the term WANNABE. This is to imply that his words and behavior mimic those of someone who wants to wield unquestioned authority. It is my perception of his actions. Among them:

1-Declaring the press as "Enemy of the American people" and vilifying those who report anything painting him in a negative light while praising outlets aka Fox News Channel as the last bastion of journalistic integrity.

2-Demonizing an entire ethnic group while building up nationalistic fever (Mexican immigrants labeled as drug dealers, criminals and rapists).

3-Declaring national emergency, threaten governmental shutdowns, etc., whenever he doesn't get his way.

4-Wanting to throw a big military parade which seemed designed less to celebrate our country's anniversary of independence and more to glorify himself and the power at his command.

5- Riling up his supporters into a frenzy with chants advocating the imprisonment of his political rivals.

6- Refusing to accept any evidence of infallibility in the power he wields, such as his inability to deal with the general election results, almost 3 years later, insisting that the winning margin was the result of illegal votes.

That's just off the top of my head. Let's not forget the open admiration he's expressed, either personally or for the way they get things done, for Kim Jong-un, Mohammed bin Salman, Erdogan, and of course, his BFF Putin.



Quote:
When trump decides he can run for a third term, then I will concede your point.


Which I think he would love to do. Remember when he talked about Chinese President Xi's abolishment of term limits and "joked" that maybe the U.S. should try it some day? Yes, yes, he was "joking". First of all, Trump HAS no sense of humor..although apparently he THINKS he does, because every time he needs to walk something back, he or his supporters use the "he was only joking" defense. I can't help but get the feeling that, of course he was joking, but as unlikely as it may sound, it was also dipping a little toe in the water to see just how warm it was. If only to rile up his fanbase with a new rallying cry. I know a number of people who quite often joke about something to gauge reaction.


Quote:
Another point: Even if one of the multiple investigations does come up with a credible charge against the president, half the country won't believe it because of all the other nonsensical and petty claims the dems have put up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes it. You can only cry wolf so many times.



Half the country won't believe it because of the "fake news" and "witch hunt" beliefs he has instilled in them.


Bottom line, if you don't like the term "wannabe dictator", let me offer up something that might be a little more palatable. The mindset the president seems to be demonstrating is that of someone who feels that being President of the United States should be the same as being the head of The Trump Organization, in that his word and his decisions are law, and where everyone works under him...Attorney General, Dept. of Justice, Congress...all are working for HIM, not the American people. Complete and unswerving loyalty are demanded without any guarantees of reciprocation, and termination is swift and accompanied by public laceration on Twitter or elsewhere when one does not toe the line. Everything he does, it seems to me, is done for personal gain or glory. He is The Boss, 100 percent, and everyone else is answerable to him.

There. Said what I wanted to. I have no interest in prolonging this further or joining in the political mayhem and certainly not in letting things escalate into the kind of personal attacks that have dominated this place lately but did want to respond to your question. I have given you my opinions and perceptions, and will now go back to playing bored challenges and wishing happy birthdays.


And I'll just say it's fascinating how our biases inform our opinions.


You flamethrower, you.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10575
Location: Location.Location.Location
Beebs52 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:

Although I believe this to be an exercise in futility, I will try to answer you. It seems obvious to me that I will not change your mind, and you will not change my mind, but here goes..

SPECIFICALLY, I used the term WANNABE. This is to imply that his words and behavior mimic those of someone who wants to wield unquestioned authority. It is my perception of his actions. Among them:

1-Declaring the press as "Enemy of the American people" and vilifying those who report anything painting him in a negative light while praising outlets aka Fox News Channel as the last bastion of journalistic integrity.

2-Demonizing an entire ethnic group while building up nationalistic fever (Mexican immigrants labeled as drug dealers, criminals and rapists).

3-Declaring national emergency, threaten governmental shutdowns, etc., whenever he doesn't get his way.

4-Wanting to throw a big military parade which seemed designed less to celebrate our country's anniversary of independence and more to glorify himself and the power at his command.

5- Riling up his supporters into a frenzy with chants advocating the imprisonment of his political rivals.

6- Refusing to accept any evidence of infallibility in the power he wields, such as his inability to deal with the general election results, almost 3 years later, insisting that the winning margin was the result of illegal votes.

That's just off the top of my head. Let's not forget the open admiration he's expressed, either personally or for the way they get things done, for Kim Jong-un, Mohammed bin Salman, Erdogan, and of course, his BFF Putin.





Which I think he would love to do. Remember when he talked about Chinese President Xi's abolishment of term limits and "joked" that maybe the U.S. should try it some day? Yes, yes, he was "joking". First of all, Trump HAS no sense of humor..although apparently he THINKS he does, because every time he needs to walk something back, he or his supporters use the "he was only joking" defense. I can't help but get the feeling that, of course he was joking, but as unlikely as it may sound, it was also dipping a little toe in the water to see just how warm it was. If only to rile up his fanbase with a new rallying cry. I know a number of people who quite often joke about something to gauge reaction.





Half the country won't believe it because of the "fake news" and "witch hunt" beliefs he has instilled in them.


Bottom line, if you don't like the term "wannabe dictator", let me offer up something that might be a little more palatable. The mindset the president seems to be demonstrating is that of someone who feels that being President of the United States should be the same as being the head of The Trump Organization, in that his word and his decisions are law, and where everyone works under him...Attorney General, Dept. of Justice, Congress...all are working for HIM, not the American people. Complete and unswerving loyalty are demanded without any guarantees of reciprocation, and termination is swift and accompanied by public laceration on Twitter or elsewhere when one does not toe the line. Everything he does, it seems to me, is done for personal gain or glory. He is The Boss, 100 percent, and everyone else is answerable to him.

There. Said what I wanted to. I have no interest in prolonging this further or joining in the political mayhem and certainly not in letting things escalate into the kind of personal attacks that have dominated this place lately but did want to respond to your question. I have given you my opinions and perceptions, and will now go back to playing bored challenges and wishing happy birthdays.


And I'll just say it's fascinating how our biases inform our opinions.


You flamethrower, you.


And, just to muddle crud, yeah, my visceral disgust with all Clintons surely informed my opinion on his (Clinton) impeachment process. I would hope some dems would admit that same bias.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6843
Location: Montana
Beebs52 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

And I'll just say it's fascinating how our biases inform our opinions.


You flamethrower, you.


And, just to muddle crud, yeah, my visceral disgust with all Clintons surely informed my opinion on his (Clinton) impeachment process. I would hope some dems would admit that same bias.



LOL - don't hold your breath.

_________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:56 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10575
Location: Location.Location.Location
tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

You flamethrower, you.


And, just to muddle crud, yeah, my visceral disgust with all Clintons surely informed my opinion on his (Clinton) impeachment process. I would hope some dems would admit that same bias.



LOL - don't hold your breath.


I only hold my breath during full diaper changes. Is that a metaphor?

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5139
Location: Atlanta, GA
T_Bone0806 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
And, BTW, in what way is he being a dictator? Because partisan hacks that have your ear have accused him of that? What evidence do you have to support that accusation? Please be specific.


Although I believe this to be an exercise in futility, I will try to answer you. It seems obvious to me that I will not change your mind, and you will not change my mind, but here goes..

SPECIFICALLY, I used the term WANNABE. This is to imply that his words and behavior mimic those of someone who wants to wield unquestioned authority. It is my perception of his actions. Among them:

1-Declaring the press as "Enemy of the American people" and vilifying those who report anything painting him in a negative light while praising outlets aka Fox News Channel as the last bastion of journalistic integrity.

2-Demonizing an entire ethnic group while building up nationalistic fever (Mexican immigrants labeled as drug dealers, criminals and rapists).

3-Declaring national emergency, threaten governmental shutdowns, etc., whenever he doesn't get his way.

4-Wanting to throw a big military parade which seemed designed less to celebrate our country's anniversary of independence and more to glorify himself and the power at his command.

5- Riling up his supporters into a frenzy with chants advocating the imprisonment of his political rivals.

6- Refusing to accept any evidence of infallibility in the power he wields, such as his inability to deal with the general election results, almost 3 years later, insisting that the winning margin was the result of illegal votes.

That's just off the top of my head. Let's not forget the open admiration he's expressed, either personally or for the way they get things done, for Kim Jong-un, Mohammed bin Salman, Erdogan, and of course, his BFF Putin.



Quote:
When trump decides he can run for a third term, then I will concede your point.


Which I think he would love to do. Remember when he talked about Chinese President Xi's abolishment of term limits and "joked" that maybe the U.S. should try it some day? Yes, yes, he was "joking". First of all, Trump HAS no sense of humor..although apparently he THINKS he does, because every time he needs to walk something back, he or his supporters use the "he was only joking" defense. I can't help but get the feeling that, of course he was joking, but as unlikely as it may sound, it was also dipping a little toe in the water to see just how warm it was. If only to rile up his fanbase with a new rallying cry. I know a number of people who quite often joke about something to gauge reaction.


Quote:
Another point: Even if one of the multiple investigations does come up with a credible charge against the president, half the country won't believe it because of all the other nonsensical and petty claims the dems have put up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes it. You can only cry wolf so many times.



Half the country won't believe it because of the "fake news" and "witch hunt" beliefs he has instilled in them.


Bottom line, if you don't like the term "wannabe dictator", let me offer up something that might be a little more palatable. The mindset the president seems to be demonstrating is that of someone who feels that being President of the United States should be the same as being the head of The Trump Organization, in that his word and his decisions are law, and where everyone works under him...Attorney General, Dept. of Justice, Congress...all are working for HIM, not the American people. Complete and unswerving loyalty are demanded without any guarantees of reciprocation, and termination is swift and accompanied by public laceration on Twitter or elsewhere when one does not toe the line. Everything he does, it seems to me, is done for personal gain or glory. He is The Boss, 100 percent, and everyone else is answerable to him.

There. Said what I wanted to. I have no interest in prolonging this further or joining in the political mayhem and certainly not in letting things escalate into the kind of personal attacks that have dominated this place lately but did want to respond to your question. I have given you my opinions and perceptions, and will now go back to playing bored challenges and wishing happy birthdays.


So many things wrong here, but this is America. you are free to be as wrong headed as you want to be. I could pick YOU (or anyone else, for that matter) apart by assuming I know your motives and attributing negative connotations to all your actions words and deeds, the way you, and the propaganda you pretty much quote from, do.

And you assume those who keep an open mind and don't automatically viscerally hate him are stupid and being led by the nose by trump. The people, several of whom frequent this bored, who automatically and knee-jerkingly criticize and loathe everything and anything he does are the ones in MY opinion are being stupid and being led by the nose. And talk about having no sense of humor, I have yet to see one trump joke that is anywhere near funny, but they keep putting them out to amuse themselves.

We have a little difference of opinion here. .

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16968
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I have yet to see one trump joke that is anywhere near funny, but they keep putting them out to amuse themselves.


They certainly aren't anything like your rip-snorting Tipernini and Adam Schiff jokes.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5139
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I have yet to see one trump joke that is anywhere near funny, but they keep putting them out to amuse themselves.


They certainly aren't anything like your rip-snorting Tipernini and Adam Schiff jokes.

Would you PLEASE stop the trolling?!

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16968
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I have yet to see one trump joke that is anywhere near funny, but they keep putting them out to amuse themselves.


They certainly aren't anything like your rip-snorting Tipernini and Adam Schiff jokes.

Would you PLEASE stop the trolling?!


When you quit accusing people on this Bored of doing the things that describe you to a T (for Trump).

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22632
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
tlynn78 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
And, BTW, in what way is he being a dictator? Because partisan hacks that have your ear have accused him of that? What evidence do you have to support that accusation? Please be specific.


Although I believe this to be an exercise in futility, I will try to answer you. It seems obvious to me that I will not change your mind, and you will not change my mind, but here goes..

SPECIFICALLY, I used the term WANNABE. This is to imply that his words and behavior mimic those of someone who wants to wield unquestioned authority. It is my perception of his actions. Among them:

1-Declaring the press as "Enemy of the American people" and vilifying those who report anything painting him in a negative light while praising outlets aka Fox News Channel as the last bastion of journalistic integrity.

2-Demonizing an entire ethnic group while building up nationalistic fever (Mexican immigrants labeled as drug dealers, criminals and rapists).

3-Declaring national emergency, threaten governmental shutdowns, etc., whenever he doesn't get his way.

4-Wanting to throw a big military parade which seemed designed less to celebrate our country's anniversary of independence and more to glorify himself and the power at his command.

5- Riling up his supporters into a frenzy with chants advocating the imprisonment of his political rivals.

6- Refusing to accept any evidence of infallibility in the power he wields, such as his inability to deal with the general election results, almost 3 years later, insisting that the winning margin was the result of illegal votes.

That's just off the top of my head. Let's not forget the open admiration he's expressed, either personally or for the way they get things done, for Kim Jong-un, Mohammed bin Salman, Erdogan, and of course, his BFF Putin.



Quote:
When trump decides he can run for a third term, then I will concede your point.


Which I think he would love to do. Remember when he talked about Chinese President Xi's abolishment of term limits and "joked" that maybe the U.S. should try it some day? Yes, yes, he was "joking". First of all, Trump HAS no sense of humor..although apparently he THINKS he does, because every time he needs to walk something back, he or his supporters use the "he was only joking" defense. I can't help but get the feeling that, of course he was joking, but as unlikely as it may sound, it was also dipping a little toe in the water to see just how warm it was. If only to rile up his fanbase with a new rallying cry. I know a number of people who quite often joke about something to gauge reaction.


Quote:
Another point: Even if one of the multiple investigations does come up with a credible charge against the president, half the country won't believe it because of all the other nonsensical and petty claims the dems have put up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes it. You can only cry wolf so many times.



Half the country won't believe it because of the "fake news" and "witch hunt" beliefs he has instilled in them.


Bottom line, if you don't like the term "wannabe dictator", let me offer up something that might be a little more palatable. The mindset the president seems to be demonstrating is that of someone who feels that being President of the United States should be the same as being the head of The Trump Organization, in that his word and his decisions are law, and where everyone works under him...Attorney General, Dept. of Justice, Congress...all are working for HIM, not the American people. Complete and unswerving loyalty are demanded without any guarantees of reciprocation, and termination is swift and accompanied by public laceration on Twitter or elsewhere when one does not toe the line. Everything he does, it seems to me, is done for personal gain or glory. He is The Boss, 100 percent, and everyone else is answerable to him.

There. Said what I wanted to. I have no interest in prolonging this further or joining in the political mayhem and certainly not in letting things escalate into the kind of personal attacks that have dominated this place lately but did want to respond to your question. I have given you my opinions and perceptions, and will now go back to playing bored challenges and wishing happy birthdays.


And I'll just say it's fascinating how our biases inform our opinions.

Facts have no bias.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: People. Do it
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5139
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:

They certainly aren't anything like your rip-snorting Tipernini and Adam Schiff jokes.

Would you PLEASE stop the trolling?!


When you quit accusing people on this Bored of doing the things that describe you to a T (for Trump).



I'm trying to figure this one out. The sentence you put in the quote box, to which you responded above, was not directed at the bored. It was in general. Late night shows, SNL. Facebook jerks. They are not funny to me. Most of them are pathetic. Just my opinion. It was not directed at you, or anyone else on the bored. ( Well maybe with the exception if BJ).

Now I will keep you to your statement. If I don't accuse anyone on the bored of doing things that describe me to a T, you will not troll me. It's a deal. If you do troll me, please explain to us how exactly I accused anyone of doing something that described me to a 'T', please, so I can stop doing it.

And btw. For the hundreth time: my observation you did not find funny was in reference to the third or fourth special election that you and your comrades held up as being an important bellwether election, like Mr. Ossoff's, that was lost by your hallowed candidate. It had nothing to do with Dr. Tipirneni, her heritage or her name. On that I would swear to God on a stack of Bibles. I stupidly brought my daughter in law into the conversation to convince you of that fact. It didn't work, and to no one's surprise you tripled down on your offense by using that personal information many times to troll me. That I consider totally out of bounds. I hope you have finally gotten that message. I am telling you, you know nothing about the subject, and you are being completely offensive every time you mention it. Of course, you are free to do it again, but if you do, it will provide further evidence of the kind of person you are. If you ever think about doing it again, I would suggest you finally do some introspection before you actually do it.

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.